PDA

View Full Version : 212 million to rebuild Gaza. 400 total

JustRalph
10-13-2014, 04:21 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/12/the-u-s-is-giving-212-million-to-gaza/

Some days you just have to shake your head

Robert Goren
10-13-2014, 05:32 AM
Will congress approve it? Administrations of both parties have long promised money to places that they know congress will never approve. Sort like the way politicians make promises to voters that they know will never be kept.

Clocker
10-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Meanwhile, Hamas is spending millions on tunnels and rockets.

Although the millions of Palestinians packed into the small strip suffer from chronic unemployment, and lack of electricity and running water, Hamas and its backers such as Qatar have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on tunnels and rockets with one goal in mind: killing Israelis.

“When you look at what Hamas did with all the cement and the materials that went into Gaza for ‘building’, and you now see that most went on the tunnels, you understand that from their point of view the civilian side is not important,” retired Maj. Gen. Yaakov Amidror, former national security advisor to the prime minister of Israel and director of the Intelligence Analysis Division in Israel’s Military Intelligence, told FoxNews.com.

So far, Israel has destroyed some 32 terror tunnels – each one requiring the equivalent of 350 truckloads of building supplies and costing up to $3 million to create, according to the IDF. And 3,360 short and medium-range rockets have been fired at Israel by Hamas and other militant Islamist groups, likely costing millions more.

Story here. (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/08/hamas-backers-spend-fortunes-on-rockets-and-tunnels-while-gazans-live-in-misery/)

Greyfox
10-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Hamas is on the U.S. Department of State list of designated terrorist organizations.
http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

Surely Obama cannot approve this expenditure.
Or is he the guy behind this push to aid terrorists?
Surely congress won't approve it, or will they?

Tom
10-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Maybe the a******* is Gaza should stop starting trouble that results in this.

Hey, Kerry, you coward/traitor/liar/jerk - they caused it, let them live in it.
They deserve no better.

classhandicapper
10-13-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't have a problem with helping to rebuild Gaza. I think improving conditions there is a prerequisite for any chance at peace. But it has to be tied to getting the terrorists out of power. It's incredibly foolish to just hand the money over to the same guys that believe terrorism is an acceptable way to deal with political grievances.

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2014, 07:57 PM
... It's incredibly foolish to just hand the money over to the same guys that believe terrorism is an acceptable way to deal with political grievances.

That is basically our standing middle east policy in a nutshell.

Clocker
10-13-2014, 08:00 PM
That is basically our standing middle east policy in a nutshell.

We have to do that or we might hurt someone's feelings! :eek:

Tom
10-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Not 1 $ to them - I don't care if they have peace there or not, so long as Israel takes care of business. They need to stop holding back and really deal them a
killing blow.

Peace in the Gaza is not worth spit to me.
Let them live as they have chosen to, or die as they have chosen.
Either way, not a one cent tot them.

JustRalph
10-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Think what 400 million could do in Appalachia ?

You know, that area that has always been the poorest part of the country.

You know, that part of the country that Obama has killed by hurting the coal fields.

.........Robert Byrd where are you? ......

Clocker
10-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Think what 400 million could do in Appalachia ?

Think about what the billions of dollars the UN spends every year could do to combat world hunger.

Tom
10-14-2014, 07:32 AM
Think of what the money the CDC spent on bike paths - as directed by Obama - could have done to have a vaccine ready.

Robert Goren
10-14-2014, 08:02 AM
Think of what the money the CDC spent on bike paths - as directed by Obama - could have done to have a vaccine ready.Be careful there Tom, I tangled with some bike owners over bike racks in one of the garages I managed. There were 6 bike owners before the Lincoln city council in their next meeting saying how we need more bike racks in the city garages. Bike riders and joggers have friends in high places and aren't timid about using their clout. I got bike racks in place where I wanted to put a free air pump. It is ten years later and I am still steaming over that one.

Actor
10-14-2014, 11:49 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/12/the-u-s-is-giving-212-million-to-gaza/

Some days you just have to shake your headMy share of that would be $1.48. I think I'll worry about something else.

johnhannibalsmith
10-15-2014, 12:12 AM
My share of that would be $1.48. I think I'll worry about something else.

So it goes.