PDA

View Full Version : Q and A with SRU

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Q: Do jockeys matter?

A: Yes, they matter. Races are decided by tenths and often 100ths of seconds, the slightest extra edge in aerodynamics, strength, perception and intelligence can and often does make the difference between winning and losing. Jocks are athletes and we all know, some athletes are just better than others, no exception with jockeys.

Q: Do Trainers matter?

A: Yes, they also matter. Some just have the ability to get horses from Point A to Point B faster than their fellow trainers, no surprise there.

Q: Should you bet on top jocks and top trainers since they DO matter?

A: No, you should try and bet on very good horses who have competent jocks and trainers as you'll get the "best of it" from an odds standpoint. The public knows jocks and trainers matter, that's why a top jock or a top trainer (or both together) take extra betting money, people trust them and feel more confident betting on talented humans.

Q: Are the horse races fixed and if they are, should i stop betting on horse racing?

A: No, the races aren't "Fixed" Per se, but anytime big money is involved, you'll get people trying to gain an edge and break the rules. With that said, there is not enough "shenanigans" in my opinion to stop betting. Top handicappers often incorporate this stuff in their opinion, but it really comes down to your ability to evaluate the racehorses and their talent, that's what is going to determine your success, any small amount of shenanigans will even themselves out in the long run, but 98% of the races are on the up and up and you're either going to win or lose on your own talent, if you lose, its not because of any fixing that might or might not have occured.

Q: Should i listen to "tips"?

A: It depends. It depends on who the tip came from and what the actual tip IS. If its just some joker trying to impress a pretty girl and you overhear him tell the girl that so and so is a winner in tomorrow's first race than no, you should probably not listen. BUT, if you're getting a tip with specific information attached, like the horse got throat surgery and the public doesn't know it, or, some other specific veterinary procedure that won't show up in the program along with "training like a new horse" you should certainly give that information more weight.

Q: How do you pick a winner?

A: Its not hard to pick winners, but it hard to pick winners that actually pay more than they're supposed to. Anyone can bet on a 3-5 shot and win, but since you only make 1.20 for your 2 dollar investment, it doesn't matter at all if you picked that winner. You want to pick winners that not everyone else is picking, that's the key.

With that said, the key to selecting winners is to realize that not only are horses athletes, but they're athletes with specific talents for specific surfaces and distances, so its your job to determine the speed at which all the runners can get from Point A to Point B as well as knowing the nuances of each runner and their strengths and weaknesses. Also, you need to add into the mix things like race profile, how the track is playing, which horses are ready to fire big shots TODAY and which horses, while talented, might not be in the right spot and so on and so forth.

I would say a good rule of thumb is to try and sniff out horses who look average or "bad" on paper but in real life, are actually not that bad. Horses who look great on paper are going to take lots of wagering action, those don't do you much good, its the horses who don't look that great that take less betting action that are worth finding, if you can uncover a few of these, you're on your way to success.

Q: Is Paul Loduca a 4 time major league all star?

A: Yes. There seems to be much confusion at how many times "Paulieman" has made the all star team, but according to my sources, he's made it 4 times. Not 3, not 5, but 4.

thaskalos
10-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Which would you say is the best gambling game, right now?

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 05:31 PM

For some people, sports betting is the best game. For others, its Poker. For some, its horse racing. I think it matters how much time you have spent "honing your craft". A horse player who has been betting horses religiously for decades will do better at horse racing than sports betting or poker.

With all things being equal, i would say that sports betting is probably easier to beat than horse racing, with the much lower "takeout". The lure of horse racing is that you can bet 2 dollars and win 100k, you can't do that in sports betting.

proximity
10-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Q: Do jockeys matter?

A: Yes, they matter. Races are decided by tenths and often 100ths of seconds, the slightest extra edge in aerodynamics, strength, perception and intelligence can and often does make the difference between winning and losing. Jocks are athletes and we all know, some athletes are just better than others, no exception with jockeys.

Q: Do Trainers matter?

A: Yes, they also matter. Some just have the ability to get horses from Point A to Point B faster than their fellow trainers, no surprise there.

Q: Should you bet on top jocks and top trainers since they DO matter?

A: No, you should try and bet on very good horses who have competent jocks and trainers as you'll get the "best of it" from an odds standpoint. The public knows jocks and trainers matter, that's why a top jock or a top trainer (or both together) take extra betting money, people trust them and feel more confident betting on talented humans.

Q: Are the horse races fixed and if they are, should i stop betting on horse racing?

A: No, the races aren't "Fixed" Per se, but anytime big money is involved, you'll get people trying to gain an edge and break the rules. With that said, there is not enough "shenanigans" in my opinion to stop betting. Top handicappers often incorporate this stuff in their opinion, but it really comes down to your ability to evaluate the racehorses and their talent, that's what is going to determine your success, any small amount of shenanigans will even themselves out in the long run, but 98% of the races are on the up and up and you're either going to win or lose on your own talent, if you lose, its not because of any fixing that might or might not have occured.

Q: Should i listen to "tips"?

A: It depends. It depends on who the tip came from and what the actual tip IS. If its just some joker trying to impress a pretty girl and you overhear him tell the girl that so and so is a winner in tomorrow's first race than no, you should probably not listen. BUT, if you're getting a tip with specific information attached, like the horse got throat surgery and the public doesn't know it, or, some other specific veterinary procedure that won't show up in the program along with "training like a new horse" you should certainly give that information more weight.

Q: How do you pick a winner?

A: Its not hard to pick winners, but it hard to pick winners that actually pay more than they're supposed to. Anyone can bet on a 3-5 shot and win, but since you only make 1.20 for your 2 dollar investment, it doesn't matter at all if you picked that winner. You want to pick winners that not everyone else is picking, that's the key.

With that said, the key to selecting winners is to realize that not only are horses athletes, but they're athletes with specific talents for specific surfaces and distances, so its your job to determine the speed at which all the runners can get from Point A to Point B as well as knowing the nuances of each runner and their strengths and weaknesses. Also, you need to add into the mix things like race profile, how the track is playing, which horses are ready to fire big shots TODAY and which horses, while talented, might not be in the right spot and so on and so forth.

I would say a good rule of thumb is to try and sniff out horses who look average or "bad" on paper but in real life, are actually not that bad. Horses who look great on paper are going to take lots of wagering action, those don't do you much good, its the horses who don't look that great that take less betting action that are worth finding, if you can uncover a few of these, you're on your way to success.

Q: Is Paul Loduca a 4 time major league all star?

A: Yes. There seems to be much confusion at how many times "Paulieman" has made the all star team, but according to my sources, he's made it 4 times. Not 3, not 5, but 4.:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Q: where are you from?

Q: what got you into this racket? what path have you travelled?

wiffleball whizz
10-12-2014, 06:43 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Q: where are you from?

Q: what got you into this racket? what path have you travelled?

Lololollolll that's the $64,000 question

This is a awesome thread btw!!

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Lololollolll that's the $64,000 question

This is a awesome thread btw!!

The 64,000 question is how do we all beat the races. The rest is just conversation.

Thanks for the Compliments! How you been Whizz, everything ok?

Shemp Howard
10-12-2014, 08:21 PM
What would you call a trainer who has 3 wins in the last 120 starts?

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 08:44 PM

Depends. If the trainer is consistent in hitting blocks of 3 wins in 120 starts, i would say they're a "low percentage trainer". If they're otherwise better than their record shows, i'd say they're "cold".

proximity
10-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Depends. If the trainer is consistent in hitting blocks of 3 wins in 120 starts, i would say they're a "low percentage trainer". If they're otherwise better than their record shows, i'd say they're "cold".

what if detailed records revealed that two of the three wins occurred immediately after a week long track shutdown due to inclement weather? what would this indicate?

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=proximity]what if detailed records revealed that two of the three wins occurred immediately after a week long track shutdown due to inclement weather?

I would say the sample size is too small to come to any hard and fast conclusions.

horses4courses
10-12-2014, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=proximity]what if detailed records revealed that two of the three wins occurred immediately after a week long track shutdown due to inclement weather?

I would say the sample size is too small to come to any hard and fast conclusions.

6sdVx5gQz6w

Stillriledup
10-12-2014, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]

6sdVx5gQz6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YfJZ9hxLQ :D

PaceAdvantage
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
What would you call a trainer who has 3 wins in the last 120 starts?Someone needs to give you a kick...your needle has been stuck for years in the same groove.

I'm tired of this (finally). I am going to delete all references to your favorite trainer/owner/partnership or whatever you call it...it's over Johnny.

BlueShoe
10-13-2014, 03:09 PM
what if detailed records revealed that two of the three wins occurred immediately after a week long track shutdown due to inclement weather? what would this indicate?
It would indicate that it rains and/or snows a lot at that particular track, and that drainage is not very efficient there, and that track maintence procedures need to be improved.

lunger
10-13-2014, 03:18 PM
My question is this low percentage trainer has been able to secure the services of a top jockey (David Cora) and it doesn't seem to help him get to the winners circle. How does that happen? At some point i hope to not have to listen to his commercial on the in house monitors anymore.

proximity
10-13-2014, 06:22 PM
My question is this low percentage trainer has been able to secure the services of a top jockey (David Cora) and it doesn't seem to help him get to the winners circle. How does that happen? At some point i hope to not have to listen to his commercial on the in house monitors anymore.

not even the great david cora can perform miracles. :rolleyes:

back on topic, i didn't think my questions were that unreasonable. if we're gonna talk handicapping it certainly helps to know the background of the player we're talking with. this isn't just "conversation," it provides a context that is often missing on the internet. jmo.

thaskalos
10-13-2014, 08:01 PM
not even the great david cora can perform miracles. :rolleyes:

back on topic, i didn't think my questions were that unreasonable. if we're gonna talk handicapping it certainly helps to know the background of the player we're talking with. this isn't just "conversation," it provides a context that is often missing on the internet. jmo.

Your questions are reasonable...but they cannot be properly addressed on the internet. On the internet...the vast majority of the players are "winners", or at least "holding their own"...and the "losers" are few and far between. That's the big negative about these internet forums...we can all pretend to be whatever we want to be.

If these conversations of ours were held at the betting window instead...then there would be much less to say. :)

menifee
10-13-2014, 08:13 PM
SRU - you are the best man. Only you would post a Q&A with yourself. Your ego is unmatched and it is tremendous. So funny.

proximity
10-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Your questions are reasonable...but they cannot be properly addressed on the internet. On the internet...the vast majority of the players are "winners", or at least "holding their own"...and the "losers" are few and far between. That's the big negative about these internet forums...we can all pretend to be whatever we want to be.

If these conversations of ours were held at the betting window instead...then there would be much less to say. :)

i'm not asking for detailed betting records or even if the guy is a winner or a loser. i'm just curious about what path he traveled to get to this point? he picked up a copy of pickin' winners and headed straight for his nearest track (wherever that is)? his uncle butch took him to the track and he got hooked? was there a dick mitchell phase? hsr or other software?

also a lot of people on here have met irl, but no one knows much about this guy other than that he likes to bump two year old threads??? :confused:

Stillriledup
10-13-2014, 10:26 PM
SRU - you are the best man. Only you would post a Q&A with yourself. Your ego is unmatched and it is tremendous. So funny.

I wouldn't have had to do that if someone else would have started a topic "Ask SRU anything" :D

Maybe next time! ;)

Tom
10-13-2014, 10:26 PM
When one eats chalk......red or white wine?

horses4courses
10-13-2014, 10:38 PM
When one eats chalk......red or white wine?

Sounds like a question for Hannibal Lecter...

M9muj_Aey7c

Mineshaft
10-13-2014, 10:40 PM

Classic...................

horses4courses
10-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Saw this ad on a sports lines website, and it reminded me of SRU.
A man who wants to make the bookies cry..... ;)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/BC_SAO/bc-sao-small1.gif

workharder
10-15-2014, 02:22 AM
I'm new to handicapping. I was wondering what form people like the best? Drf? Equibase? THANKS

lamboguy
10-15-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm new to handicapping. I was wondering what form people like the best? Drf? Equibase? THANKSbeing new is good, you should try TIMEFORM US. i think it gives you plenty of pertinent information. they are new to this, so they keep getting better every day. it also is made to fit on your smart phone.

HUSKER55
10-15-2014, 06:53 AM

DETERMINED :D :D

Mineshaft
10-15-2014, 09:17 AM
I personally like the DRF better but that's just me.

jk3521
10-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Does this mean we can ask you a question about anything? I remember an old commercial on tv for encyclopedias(remember them?)way back when a little girl is sitting on her daddy's lap and asks "why is the sky blue daddy ?" :D

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Does this mean we can ask you a question about anything. I remember an old commercial on tv for encyclopedias(remember them?)way back when a little girl is sitting on her daddy's lap and asks "why is the sky blue daddy ?" :D

yes ask away, i'm an expert on all subjects. :D

jk3521
10-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Alright...Why is the sky blue? :D

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Alright...Why is the sky blue? :D
A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. :ThmbUp:

jk3521
10-15-2014, 06:25 PM
A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. :ThmbUp:
Son-of-a- gun !

Who needs an encyclopedia when you have Google. :D

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Son-of-a- gun !

Who needs an encyclopedia when you have Google. :D

What, you're suggesting i didnt know that off the top of my head???

:D

jk3521
10-15-2014, 07:15 PM
What, you're suggesting i didnt know that off the top of my head???

:D
Word for word? :D

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Word for word? :D

Two words: First ballot. :D

soupman2
10-15-2014, 07:39 PM

Why its pool of course. People call it gambling. It's not. When you have the better skill it's like being the house. You might lose here or there but you will win most of the time.

"Do you like to gamble Eddie? Gamble money on pool games?" asked Fats

workharder
10-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Thank

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Why its pool of course. People call it gambling. It's not. When you have the better skill it's like being the house. You might lose here or there but you will win most of the time.

I remember long time ago i met this girl who knew a guy who played pool. I thought i was decent and she said "i know this guy who might want to play you for money" so i was like "ok, lets play"

So, we get into the pool hall and meet and we start playing for like 5 bucks a game. I won the first 2 or 3 games and then he won the next 2 or 3 and we were even. I sensed that this guy was MUCH better than i was and he probably tanked the first few games.......so, after he won a few and got his money back i was like "nice to play with you, take it easy" and he's like "you dont want to play anymore" and i'm like "no, you're much better"

Than he tried to convince me that he wasn't much better and i laughed and was like "ok" but i knew better and walked away when the walking away was good.

And, since then, i've never entered a "big time" pool hall ever again :D

duncan04
10-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Shouldn't this crap be in the off topic thread? :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Shouldn't this crap be in the off topic thread? :rolleyes:

No. It started out as a horse racing thread, we can turn it back to horse racing if you have a racing question that needs answering.

soupman2
10-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I remember long time ago i met this girl who knew a guy who played pool. I thought i was decent and she said "i know this guy who might want to play you for money" so i was like "ok, lets play"....

... i was like "nice to play with you, take it easy" and he's like "you dont want to play anymore" and i'm like "no, you're much better"

Than he tried to convince me that he wasn't much better and i laughed and was like "ok" but i knew better and walked away when the walking away was good.

At least you saw how that story was going to end before before it did. My Old Man taught me very young that if a stranger wants to bet you money that he can drive a golf ball 300 yards using a broom you should believe him. So we don't have the Forum Police after us, who do you like in the 1st? Seabiscut or Man O War?

Mineshaft
10-15-2014, 09:26 PM
No. It started out as a horse racing thread, we can turn it back to horse racing if you have a racing question that needs answering.

I have a question:

Do you put more stock in a trainers win % or a jockeys win % when capping?

Stillriledup
10-15-2014, 10:16 PM
I have a question:

Do you put more stock in a trainers win % or a jockeys win % when capping?

It depends on which track i'm playing. If i'm betting a track that i have extensive trip notes on, those trip notes will incorporate how a jock has been currently riding, i usually know the jock and how he's been looking on a horse, so the percentage is usually not much of a factor. Also, some jocks get awful mounts, for example, a guy like Joe Steiner is competent, but doesnt' get many chances, same with Aaron Gryder, those guys are excellent jocks but will have bad percentages, i have no problem betting on them. Some jocks have "Decent" percentages but stink, they get AMAZING mounts because of phenomenal agents and botch quality horses, so its all context, a guy riding at 5% could actually be better than a guy riding at 11%.

If i'm betting a track where i don't have extensive video notebooks, i'll use percentages equally for the most part, but i think a trainer with a poor record is less likely to get my money than a jock with a poor record....if i like the horse, i'm more likely to forgive a bad jock than i am for a trainer who cant get out of his or her own way percentage wise.

Most of my bets are about the horse and what i saw on tape, so a lot of the time, im not looking at the trainer or jock and their percentages.

Mineshaft
10-16-2014, 11:24 AM

they still playing that commercial?

turninforhome10
10-16-2014, 11:30 AM
You have seen in the past pp's that a horse has getting beat by six or seven lengths when breaking from inside posts and winning by daylight when breaking from outside. You notice the horse is wearing a scoop blinker. Which side would you expect it to be on?

wiffleball whizz
10-16-2014, 11:38 AM
i'm not asking for detailed betting records or even if the guy is a winner or a loser. i'm just curious about what path he traveled to get to this point? he picked up a copy of pickin' winners and headed straight for his nearest track (wherever that is)? his uncle butch took him to the track and he got hooked? was there a dick mitchell phase? hsr or other software?

also a lot of people on here have met irl, but no one knows much about this guy other than that he likes to bump two year old threads??? :confused:

(wherever that is)?

I get it I get it!!!!!!!!

States I've ruled out SRU is from....

NJ
ND
SD
CO
ID
WY
NE
ME
AK
HI
MD

whodoyoulike
10-16-2014, 03:14 PM
(wherever that is)?

NJ
ND
SD
CO
ID
WY
NE
ME
AK
HI
MD

I think he's from CA. He kind of reminds me of Roger Stein's intensity and passion. When I first started reading his posts I thought he might be Roger S.

proximity
10-16-2014, 03:43 PM
they still playing that commercial?

not sure about the other seven people in the clubhouse, but I heard it last night. ;) :)

proximity
10-16-2014, 04:33 PM
(wherever that is)?

NJ
ND
SD
CO
ID
WY
NE
ME
AK
HI
MD

I think I kinda eliminated new jersey once, but holey sheet your list is longer than a giraffe's Johnson!!

not sure I want to sit down at a 7-15 table with a guy who can make reads like this?

iceknight
10-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Ok here is one, who is your top 2 contenders for the BC dirt mile this year

ReplayRandall
10-16-2014, 06:24 PM
I think he's from CA. He kind of reminds me of Roger Stein's intensity and passion. When I first started reading his posts I thought he might be Roger S.

SRU is within a 100 mile radius of Fairplex, due to his numerous references to trainers shipping horses in So. Cal area.........other than that, I could care less.

VeryOldMan
10-16-2014, 08:32 PM
I remember long time ago i met this girl who knew a guy who played pool. I thought i was decent and she said "i know this guy who might want to play you for money" so i was like "ok, lets play"

So, we get into the pool hall and meet and we start playing for like 5 bucks a game. I won the first 2 or 3 games and then he won the next 2 or 3 and we were even. I sensed that this guy was MUCH better than i was and he probably tanked the first few games.......so, after he won a few and got his money back i was like "nice to play with you, take it easy" and he's like "you dont want to play anymore" and i'm like "no, you're much better"

This advice is very sound for the majority of horse players. Hit an early big score, hit an early winning streak . . .

thaskalos
10-16-2014, 10:54 PM

People call pool "gambling" because it's hard to tell which player has the "better skill".

cashmachine
10-17-2014, 06:50 AM
I have a question: why jockeys stand on the horse and not sit on top of it when they racing?

Longshot6977
10-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I have a question: why jockeys stand on the horse and not sit on top of it when they racing?

I think this link will answer this question. Didn't mean to steal your thunder SRU, but I saw 12 hours had gone by with no reply.

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1911101,00.html

Fingal
10-17-2014, 08:57 PM

On the old DMFF one of the TVG lurkers once sent me a PM calling me Stein's son because I agreed with Roger on holding the TVG touts accountable for their P4 tickets.

Now SRU is Roger Stein ? Does that mean I'm SRU's son ?

whodoyoulike
10-17-2014, 09:40 PM
On the old DMFF one of the TVG lurkers once sent me a PM calling me Stein's son because I agreed with Roger on holding the TVG touts accountable for their P4 tickets.

Now SRU is Roger Stein ? Does that mean I'm SRU's son ?

If he is, then you are very lucky. I used to listen to his radio program for years. I considered him a guru in regards to horse racing topics.

Stillriledup
10-17-2014, 10:28 PM
I think this link will answer this question. Didn't mean to steal your thunder SRU, but I saw 12 hours had gone by with no reply.

Thanks for picking up the slack! :ThmbUp:

raybo
10-18-2014, 02:39 AM
People call pool "gambling" because it's hard to tell which player has the "better skill".

Yeah, until it's too late! :lol:

Seriously, big money pool playing isn't gambling, it's hustling, and there ain't much "gambling" in that, unless nobody knows the hustler. It's kinda like poker, if you don't know who the fish at the table is, you're it.

traynor
10-18-2014, 09:26 AM

Much like in horse racing, it is not so much which player has the better skill, but which player evaluates his or her skill more accurately, and more in line with reality, that is important. It doesn't take much skill to defeat those who consistently overestimate their own abilities. Happens a lot in warfare and business, too.

Self-deception is the root problem--not the superior skill of an opponent. I have seen endless examples of opponents maneuvered into untenable positions by those catering (at least superficially) to their opponent's belief in his or her superior skills. Basic strategy in martial arts. Works well in pool, too. And warfare. And business.

thaskalos
10-18-2014, 02:30 PM
IMO...pool is like blackjack. You spend half your time developing your skill...and the other half disguising it.

Shemp Howard
10-18-2014, 03:26 PM
not sure about the other seven people in the clubhouse, but I heard it last night. ;) :)

If it's played 3 times tonight will more than 50 people see it?

whodoyoulike
10-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah, until it's too late! :lol:

Seriously, big money pool playing isn't gambling, it's hustling, and there ain't much "gambling" in that, unless nobody knows the hustler. It's kinda like poker, if you don't know who the fish at the table is, you're it.

I've found that if a player approaches the table layout the same way you would, you're being hustled.

traynor
10-18-2014, 08:17 PM
IMO...pool is like blackjack. You spend half your time developing your skill...and the other half disguising it.
It is not so much disguising it as convincing your opponent that he or she is just a little bit better than you are. Not much, or they will get sloppy, lose, and quit. Not too little, or they will lose heart, and quit. Just enough to kick in that fundamental attribution error, "I won because of my superior playing skills. You won because you got lucky."

That keeps them coming back to give you more. On a good day, they will tell all their friends and associates that you really are a crappy player, much less skilled than they, and only won because of a run of "luck."

Tatsuya Nakadai did it to perfection in The Sword of Doom.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Doom

raybo
10-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I've found that if a player approaches the table layout the same way you would, you're being hustled.

I agree, to a point. There are lots of players out there who know how to play the game, they just don't have the stick to get it done. A good hustler will play the game right, but looks like he doesn't have a very good stick, and then all of a sudden he "got hot", "couldn't miss", "got lucky", etc., etc.. Yeah, right! Hustling is an art, and there are some pretty good pool artists out there.

cashmachine
10-19-2014, 12:47 AM

Very interesting article, thank you!!!

Robert Fischer
10-19-2014, 12:51 PM
It is not so much disguising it as convincing your opponent that he or she is just a little bit better than you are. Not much, or they will get sloppy, lose, and quit. Not too little, or they will lose heart, and quit. Just enough to kick in that fundamental attribution error, "I won because of my superior playing skills. You won because you got lucky."

That keeps them coming back to give you more. On a good day, they will tell all their friends and associates that you really are a crappy player, much less skilled than they, and only won because of a run of "luck."

Tatsuya Nakadai did it to perfection in The Sword of Doom.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Doom

hey, i like those kind of movies.

downloaded this, may watch it while on vacation with your backdrop story in mind.

Probably a few low%/high-mutuel trainers like that as well. :D

traynor
11-12-2014, 11:54 PM
hey, i like those kind of movies.

downloaded this, may watch it while on vacation with your backdrop story in mind.

Probably a few low%/high-mutuel trainers like that as well. :D

Try:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbncbO_2AY

Tetsuro Tamba and Isamu Nagato in Dojo Yaburai.