PDA

View Full Version : R8 Keeneland 1 1/16th Turf FM $66k Allowance

Lemon Drop Husker
10-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Tough 8 horse field with a scratch of the 1a coupled entry and the 3.

:1: Emotional Kitten: This horse screams class as she has ran in nothing but Graded Stakes races in her last 10 tries including 5 G1s. Problem is, she just hasn't been competitive. Her last 4 races have certainly guided the connections to a much needed drop in class. Will the drop get her interest? Her coupled entry that looked really tough has scratched. Might get a good price on this classy entry, but I need to see something from her. Tough toss.

:2: Kepi: She fits in here, and her 8 career wins in company as good as she is facing today says she can win on her best day. Jockey James Graham has ridden her to her two most recent victories so you have to like that angle. Would love to get her at 8/1 or better.

:4: Honey Hughes: Likely the post time favorite, as I'm pretty sure everybody is going to cross off that last one at Indiana Downs with a change in trainers. :confused: She has won 10 out of 22 lifetime races so she cannot be dismissed. She hasn't ran against the best class of horses, but does own a G3 stakes race victory and has won 5 of her last 9. Not having raced since July, I'm going to pass and try to beat.

:5: Pappascat: Really nice race off the layoff, and I like Lanerie in the irons. An all or nothing type of proposition that may be in a bit deep against some much classier horses. She seems a bit below these coming off a career race at the distance.

:6: Northern Passion: Really tough entry to figure out. Love Leparoux in the saddle and this horse has tons of class. Why 1 1/16th in this class and this track? Gonna have to include in exotics, need a price for a win wager.

:7: Malibu Yankee: All signs say yes. Having a solid 2014 campaign and loves the distance and surface. Big time contender and my choice at a ML of 6/1.

:8: Rozee is Cozee: Don't see anything I like. Looks severely outclassed against these.

:9: Hot Tempo: Beat my pick 4 back at the Fairgrounds, but recent form is troubling. Love the trainer change and could be competitive in here at a price.

W: :7: at 6/1 or better
EX: :2: :7: box and :2: :7: / :2: :6: :7:

Lemon Drop Husker
10-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Complete whiff.

Emotional Kitten's class shines bright and she pulls away to an easy hand ride. :4: Honey Hues has no excuses as she got an easy lead and folded badly in the stretch. :6: :5: run nicely down the middle of the track to pick up the pieces that Emotional Kitten left behind.