PDA

View Full Version : R9 Santa Anita 100K Cal Distaff

Lemon Drop Husker
10-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Really competitive race with a lot of possibilities as to where one can go for making a ticket or 12.

:6: Heat Trap is a lightly raced 5 year old that really has never ran a bad race in her career. This is a step up in class, but you have to like her record at the 6 1/2 F on the quirky Santa Anita "down the hill" race course. She is also coming out of races in which winners repeated.

:4: Qiaona is the defending champ of this very race. She also has a nice record at this track and distance. Her last out may be pointing towards another peak effort out of this gal.

:9: Tribal Spy is tough to look past even considering her recent form. Her record at Santa Anita and this distance can't be dismissed. Really interested in how the tote board will play on this one.

:10: Go West Marie ran into a buzzsaw that was Reneesgotzip last out. I won't hold that against her. The question here is the surface and lack of experience at this distance at Santa Anita. Exotics are where I'll be placing.

:11: Velvet Mesquite's record at the distance and track of 4 out of 5 is eye popping. I do however, have to question the class of this one against these. Hoping she goes off at short odds so I can go against. The layoff also brings about question marks.

I'm liking the :6: and :4: on top.

W: :6: at 5/1 or better
EX: :4: :6: Box and a :4: :6: / :4: :6: :10:
Trifecta: :4: :6: / :4: :6: :9: :10: / :2: :4: :6: :9: :10:

DeltaLover
10-11-2014, 07:27 PM
:10: Go West Marie

Lemon Drop Husker
10-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Not sure I can play with chalkiness of my picks.

:7: Ciao Bella Luna is a bit intriguing at 17/1. No way she stays at those odds I don't believe.

Race quickly moving from a play to no play.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
So much for the questions on class and layoff.

:11: Velvet Mesquite proves just how tough she is at 6 1/2F on the turf at Santa Anita.

:6: Heat Trap and :10: Go West Marie run well, but just not good enough for the :11: .