PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Racetrack Television Network?

RacingFan1992
10-10-2014, 02:33 PM
I have been shopping around for horse racing television packages. I do not gamble which may seem like a sin to the posters on this site. The channels I wanted are NBCSN, NBC, HRTV, TVG, FOX SPORTS 1 but I noticed when it comes to horse racing Dish TV has Racetrack Television Network which is available under the Smart Pack. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do if I want to watch horse racing from around the country and international. What are people here using to watch horse racing.

Track Phantom
10-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I have been shopping around for horse racing television packages. I do not gamble which may seem like a sin to the posters on this site. The channels I wanted are NBCSN, NBC, HRTV, TVG, FOX SPORTS 1 but I noticed when it comes to horse racing Dish TV has Racetrack Television Network which is available under the Smart Pack. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should do if I want to watch horse racing from around the country and international. What are people here using to watch horse racing.

I have both DISH (RTN) and DIRECTV (TVG Racing Channel). If you like to get the whole track feed, RTN is awesome. I rarely watch it though, which makes it a little ridiculous to pay for it, but I do.

hyipro
10-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I watch races from all over with twinspires, owned by brisnet, or it may be the other way around, they have races from all over the world day and night
all on my comp, laptop or tablet. Open an account with them beats tvg any day, as there is no limit as long as you have a few $$ in you account.

Dave Schwartz
10-11-2014, 12:39 AM
I have had RTN for years; long before it was on Dish. Well worth the money.

There is also a long-standing thread here on PA about it. Do a search. Lots of good advice, even about picking equipment.

workharder
10-11-2014, 02:40 AM
Any one know if att got a horse racing channels?

Track Collector
10-11-2014, 02:55 AM
I have been subscribing to RTN (on Dish Network) for several years now and I continue to enjoy it. Well worth the money for me.

garyscpa
10-11-2014, 09:03 AM
HRTV.

SandyW
10-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Dish is the best for horse racing on TV.
Dish gives you TVG, HRTV, and all the live feeds on RTN.

joeprunes
10-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Does any one have telivision comcast service. Here in connecticut I see horse races free. Its on tvg.com...You can bet or just watch the races

titans1127
10-11-2014, 02:57 PM
I've used the online version of RTN and while I like it, it's redundant to pay for the service when Twinspires and xpressbet covers all the same tracks aside from a couple of obscure tracks and its free.

BreadandButter
10-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Rtn on Dish is far better than any other option. You have the ability to record, rewind and fast forward (up to live racing). So if your watching live you can rewind and watch frame by frame as the horses hit the wire while others are looking at at red photo sign on the tote board.

You can also rewind and go back and check any of the odds changes before the race, after etc. you can rewind and see the horses in the paddock etc.

If you record the full performances you can go back and reanalyze the horses appearance in the paddock and warm ups, gate load etc - you simply can't do that with any other service.

Most of my focus has shifted to Hong Kong and I love using Rtn for it.

thespaah
10-12-2014, 09:54 PM
You can go with Dish which will give you access( with the correct equipment) to their core programming plus you may add RTN( $50 per month) if you wish.
Two things....One, your location. This dictates from where your local channels are beamed to earth by Dish. Some markets are sent from Dish's birds in the western sky, while others the locals come from birds in the eastern sky.
Nevertheless, you should not be overly concerned.
I highly recommend you go with at least one DVR. The best model is the 722K...This box is a beast. Dish most reliable receiver they have ever rolled out. It is a two tuner ( ability to view two separate channels on two tv's simultaneously)
I was in that business for 12 years. So, if you need any assistance you may PM me.