PDA

View Full Version : nut on the loose

baconswitchfarm
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Someone betting 20k to win all day at small tracks. Monticello race 10 . Cash up in smoke

baconswitchfarm
10-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Race 11 at Monticello. 20 k more to win before the post parade

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Just saw that. Guys insane

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Made 2 win bets in there on the 1 and the 4. They both left the gait at 25-1 and then dropped to 7-1 and 5-1 respectively. What a great game, lmao.

baconswitchfarm
10-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Made 2 win bets in there on the 1 and the 4. They both left the gait at 25-1 and then dropped to 7-1 and 5-1 respectively. What a great game, lmao.

I had 200 win in the tenth and eleventh. I hope this guys doesn't go broke for a lo :jump: ng time.

Ray2000
10-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Lost it at Monti

nut's been playing 3 tracks Phil, Freehold and Monti

baconswitchfarm
10-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Lost it at Monti

nut's been playing 3 tracks Phil, Freehold and Monti
And colonial

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Colonial blowup. 17 g's bet on Gerry Longo, priceless.

baconswitchfarm
10-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I had 150 on 1/3/4 . And 50 on the rest. Hope this guy is around all night.

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 04:21 PM
If he was firing at Yonkers they would cancel betting :lol:

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Would they comp him a free hotdog at any of the tracks he bet? :lol:
Colonail just handled more on his 2 win bets bet then they do all month in their win pools.:lol:

They should fly him in to any of those tracks and put him up in a hotel and give him free drinks and hookers. I know if I was GM of a track he would be my #1 priority to get him whatever he needed to keep him playing.

zappedbythevicar
10-09-2014, 05:37 PM
This is a perfect example of how large bets bring so much more money into the pools. The large amount of tracks that now cancel place and show betting (many in 7,8 or larger horse fields) dont realize how great this is for the handle not only in the pool with the large bets but the attention it brings to the other pools and the simulcast signal itself. This would more than compensate for the losses from the minus show pools.

The Inside Scoop
10-09-2014, 06:02 PM
A future idea for ADW'S or tracks that have a betting platform would be to have a popup of when a large bet is made at a track to alert gamblers of an opportunity to bet against that said horse that is taking large money.

The extra action they got from this forum here today when some gamblers became aware of what was going on is proof that such an innovation would benefit both the track in handle and the gamblers. Gamblers love to bet against those horses taking the large action and this would make them aware of an opportunity to make a nice score, should that horse be no good.

lamboguy
10-09-2014, 06:09 PM
the guy that bet the $20,000 could have got the same payoff if he bet show instead and he would have had 3 spots.

JustRalph
10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
That TVG app is a bitch when you can't find your glasses

RaceTrackDaddy
10-10-2014, 12:12 AM
The question I got is : Did any of this money land on a winning horse or was it on some horse that most people would not bet upon?

I have seen offshore wagering ADW's get hit by people manipulation of the tote board. They play what would have been the top three favorites at the host track at their offshore track meanwhile betting the other horses at the host track to generate bigger odds.

I have seen it at Wheeling, Sanford Orlando, Pompano Park and the Meadows just to mention a few. What is different is the shear number of wagers at once. In the past, they hit one track and went silent for a couple weeks then hit another. They take a month off and come back again.

Sounds like this syndicate expanded and has a larger off shore service willing to take their large bets.

Be interesting to see how longer it lasts before they get shut off at the offshore place.

titans1127
10-10-2014, 01:02 AM
The question I got is : Did any of this money land on a winning horse or was it on some horse that most people would not bet upon?

I have seen offshore wagering ADW's get hit by people manipulation of the tote board. They play what would have been the top three favorites at the host track at their offshore track meanwhile betting the other horses at the host track to generate bigger odds.

I have seen it at Wheeling, Sanford Orlando, Pompano Park and the Meadows just to mention a few. What is different is the shear number of wagers at once. In the past, they hit one track and went silent for a couple weeks then hit another. They take a month off and come back again.

Sounds like this syndicate expanded and has a larger off shore service willing to take their large bets.

Be interesting to see how longer it lasts before they get shut off at the offshore place.I was watching Monticello for the afternoon and the first big bet in the 10th race, the winner paid $56 with a 10-1 morning line. I could have seen the horse going off 15-1 or 20-1 under normal circumstances. All the money came down on the morning line favorite who had the same post in the same class last week and went off 13-1 and finished 3rd not being near the lead at all.

The 11th race. The money was put down on the expected favorite anyway as the horse is in one of the top local barns and has won 5 of 6. The horse that wound up winning was the 7-1 third choice and the 5-1 2nd choice was second. Based on the program and morning line I'd say both normally would have went off around half of what they did and the exacta payoff reflected that.

baconswitchfarm
10-10-2014, 01:03 AM

Be interesting to see how longer it lasts before they get shut off at the offshore place.

These were legitimate shot horses. Most would have been the favorite anyway. Not like dump job bets on no shot horses.

baconswitchfarm
10-10-2014, 01:16 AM
I was watching Monticello for the afternoon and the first big bet in the 9th race, the winner paid $56 with a 10-1 morning line. I could have seen the horse going off 15-1 or 20-1 under normal circumstances

The 11th race. The money was put down on the expected favorite anyway as the horse is in one of the top local barns and has won 5 of 6. The horse that wound up winning was the 7-1 third choice and the 5-1 2nd choice was second. Based on the program and morning line I'd say both normally would have went off around half of what they did and the exacta payoff reflected that.

Those horses that won got bet down super late because we were all waiting as long as possible to make sure the 20k didn't get canceled. I know of 500 to win on each one of them that came in super late. Without those win bets those horses would have paid giant. It had already happened at Chester and Colonial so everyone was on high alert by the time these two races came up.

titans1127
10-10-2014, 01:36 AM
Those horses that won got bet down super late because we were all waiting as long as possible to make sure the 20k didn't get canceled. I know of 500 to win on each one of them that came in super late. Without those win bets those horses would have paid giant. It had already happened at Chester and Colonial so everyone was on high alert by the time these two races came up.Absolutely right on that. Around 2 minutes before the gate started rolling all other horses in both races were 99-1. I honestly hoped it would have stayed like that just to see how it would have turned out.