PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Eddy. Is the fat lady clearing her throat (SHLD)?

DJofSD
10-08-2014, 08:11 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-08/sears-vendor-said-to-halt-shipments-as-insurers-back-away.html?hootPostID=2c2d9b3c3936a2d04813b87c785ce 7c0

Sears Vendor Said to Halt Shipments as Insurers Back Away

Three of the biggest insurance firms for Sears Holdings Corp.’s suppliers are seeking to reduce coverage, prompting at least one medium-sized vendor to halt shipments to the department-store chain, people with knowledge of the matter said.

Under the terms of most policies, insurers are allowed to cancel if a retailer’s operations deteriorate enough that its viability is in doubt, according to one of the people. Insurers canceled policies in the months before Borders Group Inc. and Circuit City Stores Inc. filed for protection from creditors, the person said.

I'm sure the economy is not helping either.

ReplayRandall
10-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Sears is a mere shell of the powerhouse Sears, Roebuck and Co. that it used to be in the 60's and 70's. Reminds me of the decline of another former retail giant, Montgomery Ward........

DJofSD
10-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I remember Monkey Wards mostly b/c my dad liked to shop there.

Robert Goren
10-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Sears is a mere shell of the powerhouse Sears, Roebuck and Co. that it used to be in the 60's and 70's. Reminds me of the decline of another former retail giant, Montgomery Ward........18 months after Kmart emerged from bankruptcy, it acquired Sears in in late 2004. It has been a rough ride ever since as Sears attempts to find its niche in todays retail. The local Sears store has turned into a hardware store with a few clothes and auto parts being sold the side. I feel for the sales people who work there. It has be tough when upper management has no sense of what direction they want to take the brand.