PDA

View Full Version : You dirty rat, or, example of what is wrong with government

DJofSD
10-08-2014, 08:23 AM
http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/08/taxpayers-fork-back-pay-food-inspector-didnt-notice-rats-pasta-plant-now-pay-union-lawyer/

A food inspector for the U.S. Department of Agriculture who was suspended for failing to discover that rats had infested a pasta-making plant has won a fight to overturn his punishment and get back pay.

Now, a federal labor board has directed an arbitrator to consider whether taxpayers also should reimburse the $67,589-a-year federal worker for legal costs–which his union already covered–even though the food inspector didn’t notice rat feces in a storage room where a bag of flour was ripped open.

Critics of government inefficiency call the sequence of events a cautionary tale about the difficulty of punishing, much less firing, federal employees for poor work — even when it endangers public health.

Is there any better example of what is wrong with government?

tucker6
10-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Actually it speaks to what is wrong with unions moreso govt. Without the union, the inspector is rightfully fired, govt or no govt.

DJofSD
10-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Actually it speaks to what is wrong with unions moreso govt. Without the union, the inspector is rightfully fired, govt or no govt.
True.

So we have two dirty rats.

lamboguy
10-08-2014, 08:50 AM
i think the problem with rats are that they hide out in places like sewers and make burrows around lakes and rivers. when they smell food they go to it and make a new home and multiply fast and furious. you can get rid of rats and be rat free for short periods of time and then there will be more that come back. unless you get rid of all of them you will always have a rat problem. when this world blows up someday, probably one of the few inhabitants that will live through it will be rats. they are tough suckers to put an end to and they scare you too.

Tom
10-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Government.....unions.....rats...... r-e-s-i-s-t-i-n-g.....

HUSKER55
10-08-2014, 12:15 PM
and now we know the whole sorry story

cj's dad
10-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I was chief electrician in a food manufacturing plant for 15 years. I had nothing to do with rodent inspection. However, I will say that it is the easiest thing in the world to spot. We made margarine. A component of margarine is dry whey. bags were ripped open on occasion and rat droppings abounded. Traps work, but preventive measures are the best solution.

Any person being PAID TO INSPECT that cannot spot a rodent infestation should be fired post haste; no questions asked, no answer good enough.

PhantomOnTour
10-08-2014, 01:41 PM
I was chief electrician in a food manufacturing plant for 15 years. I had nothing to do with rodent inspection. However, I will say that it is the easiest thing in the world to spot. We made margarine. A component of margarine is dry whey. bags were ripped open on occasion and rat droppings abounded. Traps work, but preventive measures are the best solution.

Any person being PAID TO INSPECT that cannot spot a rodent infestation should be fired post haste; no questions asked, no answer good enough.
The sad and scary part is that many inspectors (and I can only speak of folks from the Board of Health who inspect restaurants) aren't interested in actually inspecting the premises.
Saw this first hand in New Orleans where food inspectors come in and have free lunch rather than doing a full inspection.
They fill out their reports with a few minor violations, because 95% of all restaurants have some sort of violation, and they are on their way.

Their entire visit lasts about 15mins (without lunch)...how can you inspect an entire operation in 15mins? There is a lot to look at...bar, kitchen, dry storage, walk in cooler, outside the back door (disposal of waste and dumpster area cleanliness), and observing the employees for using cleanliness guidelines (covered drinks, hats or hairnets in kitchen, covered toe shoes, proper handwashing techniques etc...).

Scary

Tom
10-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I would pack a couple of roached in his sandwich....see if he can spot those! :eek:

DJofSD
10-08-2014, 02:15 PM
"My Bosco tastes funny."

mostpost
10-08-2014, 03:12 PM
The union was doing what it was supposed to do, protecting its members. I will accept Curtisonthebay's statement that a rat infestation is easy to spot. Given that, I think the inspector was deserving of some kind of punishment. Considering his previous good work record and the circumstance of his mother-in-law's recent death, I don't believe firing would be appropriate.

The arbitrator, at least partly, based his decision to overturn the suspension and award back pay, on the fact that an infestation could have occurred in the two days in between inspections. I think that is bad reasoning. Could have and did are two different things. Unless we have proof, I think we need to assume that the infestation was present at the time of the first inspection.

What about the legal fees? The union should be responsible for its legal fees. Th e government (USDA) should be responsible for its legal fees.

Tom
10-08-2014, 03:54 PM
What a crock - the guy was paid to do a job, he did not do it.
End of story.

There are many other people who WILL do it.
Fire him.

Government, unions.....the only ones in this story with any credibility are the rats. They did what they are supposed to do. Without a union. Guess rats have some standards.

tucker6
10-08-2014, 04:21 PM
The union was doing what it was supposed to do, protecting its members. I will accept Curtisonthebay's statement that a rat infestation is easy to spot. Given that, I think the inspector was deserving of some kind of punishment. Considering his previous good work record and the circumstance of his mother-in-law's recent death, I don't believe firing would be appropriate.

The arbitrator, at least partly, based his decision to overturn the suspension and award back pay, on the fact that an infestation could have occurred in the two days in between inspections. I think that is bad reasoning. Could have and did are two different things. Unless we have proof, I think we need to assume that the infestation was present at the time of the first inspection.

What about the legal fees? The union should be responsible for its legal fees. Th e government (USDA) should be responsible for its legal fees.
Coming from you, your post is almost an indictment against this particular union worker. I agree with you that the arbitrator unfairly tried to connect the dots between the competing stories rather than judge one more believable than the other.

OntheRail
10-08-2014, 06:13 PM
http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/08/taxpayers-fork-back-pay-food-inspector-didnt-notice-rats-pasta-plant-now-pay-union-lawyer/

Is there any better example of what is wrong with government?
Professional Courtesy.... from one rat bastard to another.

HUSKER55
10-08-2014, 06:57 PM
crime and no punishment.

until unions are gone american will never recover

therussmeister
10-08-2014, 09:03 PM
The sad and scary part is that many inspectors (and I can only speak of folks from the Board of Health who inspect restaurants) aren't interested in actually inspecting the premises.
Saw this first hand in New Orleans where food inspectors come in and have free lunch rather than doing a full inspection.
They fill out their reports with a few minor violations, because 95% of all restaurants have some sort of violation, and they are on their way.

Their entire visit lasts about 15mins (without lunch)...how can you inspect an entire operation in 15mins? There is a lot to look at...bar, kitchen, dry storage, walk in cooler, outside the back door (disposal of waste and dumpster area cleanliness), and observing the employees for using cleanliness guidelines (covered drinks, hats or hairnets in kitchen, covered toe shoes, proper handwashing techniques etc...).

Scary

If they are willing to eat there, it's not so scary.

mostpost
10-09-2014, 12:27 AM
crime and no punishment.

IF unions are gone american will never recover
FTFY.
Your statement was ridiculous.
Mine is true.
And I am not even going to mention that the word you wanted was America, not American.

mostpost
10-09-2014, 12:32 AM

Scary
So, how do you know all this? Do you or did you own a restaurant? If you owned a restaurant and provided the free lunches that you are complaining about, then you are just as culpable.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2014, 12:41 AM
So, how do you know all this? Do you or did you own a restaurant? If you owned a restaurant and provided the free lunches that you are complaining about, then you are just as culpable.
I know it because I've seen it, just as my post indicated.
At the time I did not own or manage a restaurant...now I do, and in this town the inspectors are there to inspect.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Never seen a post disappear like that

I am a managing partner, which means two things.
The other guy has the bigger piece and I do the most work :D

A restaurant is like any other place that is subject to inspections:
EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN THE INSPECTOR IS THERE, EVERYONE

One thing about the city I live in now is that they never come during service, always in the morning before we open...so a free lunch is out of the question! :lol: ...and something I have never authorized.

mostpost
10-09-2014, 12:54 AM
I know it because I've seen it, just as my post indicated.
At the time I did not own or manage a restaurant...now I do, and in this town the inspectors are there to inspect.
I just deleted a post which crossed with yours here in which I acknowledged that you do indeed own a restaurant. You posted about it in the car dealers thread.

I wasn't trying to cast doubt; just trying to confirm something I thought I remember.

Above you said, in this town the inspectors are there to inspect.
I take that to mean that there are competent inspectors and incompetent inspectors; hard working inspectors and lazy inspectors; honest inspectors and dishonest inspectors. But being an inspector does not mean you are automatically incompetent or lazy or dishonest.

mostpost
10-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Never seen a post disappear like that

I am a managing partner, which means two things.
The other guy has the bigger piece and I do the most work :D

A restaurant is like any other place that is subject to inspections:
EVERYONE KNOWS WHEN THE INSPECTOR IS THERE, EVERYONE

One thing about the city I live in now is that they never come during service, always in the morning before we open...so a free lunch is out of the question! :lol: ...and something I have never authorized.
I took it down because there were a few things in it which, on reflection, I did not feel were correct.

PhantomOnTour
10-09-2014, 01:05 AM
I took it down because there were a few things in it which, on reflection, I did not feel were correct.
All good...and I didn't mean to imply that Health Inspectors are all bad.

OntheRail
10-09-2014, 02:36 AM
FTFY.
Mine is truly asinine.
And I am not even going to mention that the word you wanted was America, not American.
If Unions had an expiration date like food it of been use by 1969. Since then they've done nothing but drag the Country down.

HUSKER55
10-09-2014, 04:29 AM
FTFY.
Mine is true.

so the public is supposed to eat RAT SHIT so you can have your union? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That says it all...

tucker6
10-09-2014, 07:16 AM
I take that to mean that there are competent inspectors and incompetent inspectors; hard working inspectors and lazy inspectors; honest inspectors and dishonest inspectors. But being an inspector does not mean you are automatically incompetent or lazy or dishonest.
My brother in law was an inspector for the FDA for 30 years. He was hard working and honest. The stories he would tell about some well known companies would make you sick. His view was that a failure to enforce at times was less about the inspector and more about the FDA and its bureaucracy and its politics. In other words, they play favorites. No surprise I guess.

Tom
10-09-2014, 10:52 AM
*sing*

Oh, you bring the rat, and I'll bring the ouille,
We're gonna have, some rat-tat-ouille!

At POT's restaurant!

You can get anything you want,
At Phantom's restaurant,

Robert Goren
10-09-2014, 11:22 AM
I use to be in the bar business in a small town in the 70s and 80s. Once the health inspector showed up at his first business, every other business in town knew he was coming. 95% of the time, they found exactly 2 things that needed correcting. You corrected and next time they found something else. If you let something go for three inspections, you got told in no uncertain terms to fix it. I know one bar owner who didn't and they shut him down until he did. They had a job to do, but they generally tried to cut some slack to struggling bars and cafes. But there were lines that they would not cross. I know small towns are not like large cities or companies. I am sure some bad apples have such into that job, but I think most inspectors do what they are suppose do like most people who work for a paycheck.

Robert Goren
10-09-2014, 11:30 AM
The scariest part about the original pasta plant is that company didn't clean it up itself. It would have cost them next to nothing to do it. If a company is depending on the FDA to find problems such as this, they are selling a product I don't want.

rastajenk
10-09-2014, 01:09 PM
My brother in law was an inspector for the FDA for 30 years. He was hard working and honest. The stories he would tell about some well known companies would make you sick. His view was that a failure to enforce at times was less about the inspector and more about the FDA and its bureaucracy and its politics. In other words, they play favorites. No surprise I guess.
Hey, I got a great idea (yet again!). Let's federalize racing regulation...that'll clean things up, for sure. :jump:

Clocker
10-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Hey, I got a great idea (yet again!). Let's federalize racing regulation...that'll clean things up, for sure. :jump:

Right. The horses would all have to wear helmets and pads, and would be limited in how many furlongs they could run per month in works and races. Jockeys could not use whips, but could hold a carrot on a stick out in front of the horse to get it to run faster. Each horse would have to have a qualified health care plan and a fully funded pension plan. About half the horses currently running would qualify for federal disability and would retire.

DJofSD
10-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Right. The horses would all have to wear helmets and pads, and would be limited in how many furlongs they could run per month in works and races. Jockeys could not use whips, but could hold a carrot on a stick out in front of the horse to get it to run faster. Each horse would have to have a qualified health care plan and a fully funded pension plan. About half the horses currently running would qualify for federal disability and would retire.
And jocks would never get days, or trainers suspensions.

Clocker
10-09-2014, 01:42 PM

The union, SEIU of course, would never allow it.

cj's dad
10-09-2014, 02:54 PM
I had a $100 US Postal Money Order made out to me. I went to the local PO this AM at 10:30. I was told that it could not be cashed because they had just opened and had no cash on hand. WHAT !! The 2 dopes behind the counter were arrogant, cocky, and flippant.

"This ain't no bank" said one.
"Good luck cashing that" said the other.

I went to a 2nd PO 5-6 miles away, same story.
"Don't you know we just opened"? I was asked.
"Yes, I do and I don't give a rats ass when you opened, this is a business isn't it?"

Now of course a serious attitude is shared by all so I left.

Is there such a thing as customer service when dealing with ANY branch of the Fed Govt.? I think not.

DJofSD
10-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I had a $100 US Postal Money Order made out to me. I went to the local PO this AM at 10:30. I was told that it could not be cashed because they had just opened and had no cash on hand. WHAT !! The 2 dopes behind the counter were arrogant, cocky, and flippant.

"Yes, I do and I don't give a rats ass when you opened, this is a business isn't it?"

Is there such a thing as customer service when dealing with ANY branch of the Fed Govt.? I think not.
USPS can be cashed in many countries. (https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm)

Sierra Leone is on the list: https://www.usps.com/shop/money-order-popup.htm

HUSKER55
10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
the local post office here is also a big effing joke. UPS and Fed-x are doing real well.

dartman51
10-09-2014, 04:53 PM

Well, you know, when Mostie retired, the whole USPS just went to hell in a hand basket. :lol:

rastajenk
10-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Some of them would; depends on their voting records.

TJDave
10-09-2014, 10:21 PM

m9bA9S0XmxQ

rastajenk
10-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Off topic (appropriately), why are clips like this and everything else I see on facebook recorded in cars? "Don't you people have homes?" :confused:

cj's dad
10-09-2014, 10:54 PM
m9bA9S0XmxQ

Thanks TJDave- your video proved my point- It was like a remake of what I went through this morning. I was dealing with idiots with an attitude.

The USPS is a business. Businesses open with cash on hand, or at least they should do so,

I assume the USPS is not a business as they lose $$$ each and every year,

JustRalph
10-10-2014, 12:38 AM
m9bA9S0XmxQ

A "Dairy" of a post office window clerk?

I'm on the road the last few days. Went into a post office in Houston and the stamp machine was out of order. The out of order sign was made out of an old piece of mail. The stamp/date on the piece of mail was April something. I bet it's been empty or broken since April :bang:

mostpost
10-10-2014, 02:03 AM

It has been almost ten years now so I don't remember exactly, but I am sure that window clerks-of which I was one-are allowed to keep considerably less than $100 in their drawer over night. If you came to my window when I had $100 or even $120 in cash on hand, I would tell you that I am sorry but I can not cash that money order at this time. I would not leave myself with no change with which to take care of my other customers.

In case you are wondering, no the two clerks could not combine their money to cash the money order. Each clerk's drawer is separate.

What I do not understand is how the Post Office could just be opening at 10:30 and the rude attitude of the clerks. I would never treat a customer that way and neither would any of the clerks I worked with.

mostpost
10-10-2014, 02:07 AM
A "Dairy" of a post office window clerk?

I'm on the road the last few days. Went into a post office in Houston and the stamp machine was out of order. The out of order sign was made out of an old piece of mail. The stamp/date on the piece of mail was April something. I bet it's been empty or broken since April :bang:
What are you complaining about? It's only October.

If you find a machine that is working, that would be news. I'm pretty sure those machines are delivered to the offices Out Of Order.

mostpost
10-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Thanks TJDave- your video proved my point- It was like a remake of what I went through this morning. I was dealing with idiots with an attitude.

The USPS is a business. Businesses open with cash on hand, or at least they should do so,

I assume the USPS is not a business as they lose $$$ each and every year,
I think the lady in the video acted perfectly fine. She explained the situation to the woman trying to cash the money order and the woman acted like a horses ass.

Businesses open with enough cash on hand to take care of typical business. Any money that is in that drawer is money that is not in the bank earning interest. If every office had $300 on hand when they opened that would be $9,000,000 that would not be drawing interest.

Believe me when I tell you there were very few days when anyone would come in to cash a money order of any amount, much less one for $300.

cj's dad
10-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Mosty,
The PO's in this area open at 10 AM; why? who knows what that logic may be.

As for the cash on hand. I understand that the PO cannot keep large amounts of $$$ on hand. However, is it unreasonable to have a hold back of 200-300 from the bank each day? So what if that amount of $$$ never has interest applied to it. The USPS does not have any misgivings about SELLING money orders at a cost of $5 per.

And, I have to tell you that the attitudes of both sets of workers that I came in contact with was despicable at best.

Tom
10-10-2014, 07:47 AM

I assume the USPS is not a business as they lose $$ each and every year,

They have money when they close, but it all gone when they re-open.
That must how they lose it all! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey, they can't keep cash on hand, but they keep OUR MAIL on hand. So they they don't trust the security WE GET to protect themselves??????

Robert Goren
10-10-2014, 10:26 AM
the local post office here is also a big effing joke. UPS and Fed-x are doing real well.I haven't had problem with USPS in sometime, but I had one with Fed-X a couple weeks ago. Their customer service stinks. They even told a person from Amazon whom I was on a 3 way call with to shove it. Fed-X unlike UPS is usually pretty good, but, boy, did they screw up that delivery royally and their customer service response was beyond belief. Hopefully this was a one time deal and they are not turning into Big Brown(UPS).

Tom
10-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Fed Ex and UPS have announced plans to merge by 2015.
The new company will be called.....

Fed Up

Clocker
10-10-2014, 11:00 AM
And, I have to tell you that the attitudes of both sets of workers that I came in contact with was despicable at best.

For some reason, the people at different post offices have different cultures and attitudes. Some time ago, I handled a lot of mailing for business, and would use one of three different offices depending on other errands. One day at was at the one I preferred, given a choice, and happened to say something to the clerk about another post office several miles away. He said that post office was in his neighborhood, and he would never go there because everyone that worked there was always grumpy. And he was right.

My general experience has been the smaller the post office, the better the service.

DJofSD
10-10-2014, 11:03 AM
So Post Office branches are like truck stops: don't go there if the lot is empty?

mostpost
10-10-2014, 12:43 PM
For some reason, the people at different post offices have different cultures and attitudes. Some time ago, I handled a lot of mailing for business, and would use one of three different offices depending on other errands. One day at was at the one I preferred, given a choice, and happened to say something to the clerk about another post office several miles away. He said that post office was in his neighborhood, and he would never go there because everyone that worked there was always grumpy. And he was right.

My general experience has been the smaller the post office, the better the service.
True, there are differences in the quality of service from one office to the next. There are also differences in service quality from one clerk to the next at the same office. I worked side by side with a clerk who was never rude and knew his job, but was very easily distracted. A customer would ask a question which could easily be answered in one or two sentence and John would go off on a soliloquy on every postal subject imaginable. Or there would be a long line of customers and John would start a conversation about the latest game or the recent election. In the meantime, I was taking care of all the customers and watching the folks in line fume. And yes, I did call him on it many times and that worked for about ten minutes.

There are problems from the other side of the counter too. People who don't know what they want; people who change their minds six times during the course of the transaction, including after they paid their money. There are people who come up to the counter and buy stamps or mail a package or whatever, then are amazed that they are supposed to pay for these things. So they dig in their purse and fine their wallet and open their wallet and pull out a handful of wrinkled twisted bills and laboriously count out each dollar and coin, then do it all again. I am sure you have been behind those people in places other than the post office.

I have been called a racist because our office ran out of a particular Black Heritage stamp. I have been called a racist because I gave a white person the last of a particular Christmas stamp and had none for the next person in line. (A black person)

So believe me some of you customers are no prize either. But most of you are great.

tucker6
10-10-2014, 02:24 PM
True, there are differences in the quality of service from one office to the next. There are also differences in service quality from one clerk to the next at the same office. I worked side by side with a clerk who was never rude and knew his job, but was very easily distracted. A customer would ask a question which could easily be answered in one or two sentence and John would go off on a soliloquy on every postal subject imaginable. Or there would be a long line of customers and John would start a conversation about the latest game or the recent election. In the meantime, I was taking care of all the customers and watching the folks in line fume. And yes, I did call him on it many times and that worked for about ten minutes.

There are problems from the other side of the counter too. People who don't know what they want; people who change their minds six times during the course of the transaction, including after they paid their money. There are people who come up to the counter and buy stamps or mail a package or whatever, then are amazed that they are supposed to pay for these things. So they dig in their purse and fine their wallet and open their wallet and pull out a handful of wrinkled twisted bills and laboriously count out each dollar and coin, then do it all again. I am sure you have been behind those people in places other than the post office.

I have been called a racist because our office ran out of a particular Black Heritage stamp. I have been called a racist because I gave a white person the last of a particular Christmas stamp and had none for the next person in line. (A black person)

So believe me some of you customers are no prize either. But most of you are great.
So all I got from this is that you are racist. :D

Seriously though, what you just described happens in many different stores across the country every day. The 'taint' of govt on the USPS probably adds to the grief you guys get.

Tom
10-10-2014, 02:43 PM
So believe me some of you customers are no prize either.

But we are always the customer.
and, it should be.....

So believe me, some of you customers are no prizes either.

C+

DJofSD
10-10-2014, 02:44 PM
It's not just the USPS. But it's a bit unfortunate that the USPS can not offer a level of service which is the same no matter what store you use.

When I need to spend money on a good or a service, most of the time I have a choice of whom I am dealing with. I make a conscious decision whenever I make purchases. And when I have a less than satisfactory experience, I remember that the next time. Too many of those bad experiences causes me to not spend my money there any more. I believe that is being a smart consumer.

But when it comes to services from the government such as the health inspector, what are the choices of the business which is being inspected? How can a business owner be a smart consumer of government services?

TJDave
10-10-2014, 02:56 PM
some of you customers are no prize either. But most of you are great.

7Tbsd6IbFTA

mostpost
10-10-2014, 05:12 PM
But we are always the customer.
and, it should be.....

So believe me, some of you customers are no prizes either.

C+
You are right about the comma. However, prize is correct. Prize refers to the phrase "Some of you" which is a collective phrase. Collective nouns and phrases take the singular.
So C- on your attempt at grammatical correctness.

Clocker
10-10-2014, 05:19 PM
"Some of you" which is a collective phrase. Collective nouns and phrases take the singular.

Some of you is no prize? :eek:

DJofSD
10-10-2014, 05:19 PM
You are right about the comma. However, prize is correct. Prize refers to the phrase "Some of you" which is a collective phrase. Collective nouns and phrases take the singular.
So C- on your attempt at grammatical correctness.
You get the Strunk and White Lynn Truss citation of merit.

Clocker
10-10-2014, 05:24 PM
The USPS does not have any misgivings about SELLING money orders at a cost of $5 per.

You need to find another post office in your area. USPS money orders are $1.25 up to $500 and $1.65 above that, unless you are sending one overseas.

https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

johnhannibalsmith
10-10-2014, 05:51 PM
7Tbsd6IbFTA

:D

What the hell was wrong with the other customers? How do you stand there and not egg him on when he starts to run out of steam? A couple "uh-huh!"s or "amen!"s and he could have kept going another five minutes.

DJofSD
10-10-2014, 05:54 PM
First, I believe those other customers knew the vid was rolling and were too embarrassed to do anything other than stand there in silence while most likely agreeing. Besides, they hadn't been waiting on yet.

cj's dad
10-10-2014, 06:04 PM
You need to find another post office in your area. USPS money orders are $1.25 up to $500 and $1.65 above that, unless you are sending one overseas.

https://www.usps.com/shop/money-orders.htm

MO came from Texas so it does not effect me, but I hear you. After yesterdays experience, I will never purchase a MO from the PO. As a matter of fact, I can buy stamps at the local Wal-Mart- so guess what?;)

Clocker
10-10-2014, 07:17 PM
MO came from Texas so it does not effect me, but I hear you.

Texas is considered overseas now? :eek:

cj's dad
10-11-2014, 12:57 AM
The $5 fee was printed on the MO

rastajenk
10-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Western Union money orders cost 79 cents at Kroger stores.

JustRalph
10-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Western Union money orders cost 79 cents at Kroger stores.

Believe it or not, there are very few choices for grocery stores in the Baltimore area. Kroger just purchased the Harris Teeter stores, there are a few of those around.........

It's one thing I hated about the area I lived in up there. Very few choices for groceries. The lack of competition was palpable

fast4522
11-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Fed Ex and UPS have announced plans to merge by 2015.
The new company will be called.....

Fed Up

What is with all this animation?

DJofSD
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
There's no emoticon for 'hey, baby, how about a little kiss?'