PDA

View Full Version : Warren Buffett on 2016: ‘Hillary Is Going to Win’

horses4courses
10-07-2014, 06:31 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/10/07/warren-buffett-on-2016-hillary-is-going-to-win/?mod=e2tw

http://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-EV256_1002ca_G_20141002140354.jpg

“Hillary is going to win,” Mr. Buffett said at Fortune’s Most Powerful Women Summit in California. “I will bet money on it. I don’t do that easily.”

johnhannibalsmith
10-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Wow that's crazy bold on his part.

boxcar
10-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Wow that's crazy bold on his part.

How so? Have you considered the outcome of the last two elections -- most especially the last one?

Boxcar

horses4courses
10-07-2014, 06:38 PM
How so? Have you considered the outcome of the last two elections -- most especially the last one?

Boxcar

On this rare occasion, I agree with Box.

After the inevitable setback for Dems next month,
2016 should be back along the lines of 2012.

johnhannibalsmith
10-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I guess my sarcasm doesn't shine.

horses4courses
10-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I guess my sarcasm doesn't shine.

You're a master of deception, JHS.
I wouldn't want to play poker against you ;)

Tom
10-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Now John, all you list lacks is a photo of each candidate in the usual pose...

classhandicapper
10-08-2014, 12:14 PM
If democrats could re-elect Obama, then why would Hillary be anything other than a huge favorite to win next time?

I remember the days when the thought of Hillary being president made my skin crawl. But Bush was torture for me and Obama is so atrocious I've had to censor myself to avoid a visit from the FBI. :lol: So Hillary doesn't sound all that bad anymore. I guess it's all relative.

cj's dad
10-08-2014, 01:04 PM
If democrats could re-elect Obama, then why would Hillary be anything other than a huge favorite to win next time?

I remember the days when the thought of Hillary being president made my skin crawl. But Bush was torture for me and Obama is so atrocious I've had to censor myself to avoid a visit from the FBI. :lol: So Hillary doesn't sound all that bad anymore. I guess it's all relative.

Lowered expectations do not justify mediocrity.

HRC is mediocre at best !

reckless
10-08-2014, 07:08 PM
It must be noted that Buffett's comment was at some Powerful Women's conference.

Buffett knows how to play a crowd and control an interview because that's what he does very well. This avuncular, giddy, everybody's favorite uncle persona is a decades long ruse, mark my words.

Buffett is a far left wing kook, that's well known too, so predicting a Hillary win -- in front of an equally far left crowd -- doesn't take too much guts nor any political acumen.

horses4courses
10-08-2014, 07:14 PM
It must be noted that Buffett's comment was at some Powerful Women's conference.

Buffett knows how to play a crowd and control an interview because that's what he does very well. This avuncular, giddy, everybody's favorite uncle persona is a decades long ruse, mark my words.

Buffett is a far left wing kook, that's well known too, so predicting a Hillary win -- in front of an equally far left crowd -- doesn't take too much guts nor any political acumen.

Yeah, who's going to take a guy like Warren Buffet at his word?
Nobody ever really listens to him, do they? :rolleyes:

Keep tooting your horn, buddy....all the way to Nov 2016

reckless
10-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Yeah, who's going to take a guy like Warren Buffet at his word? Nobody ever really listens to him, do they? :rolleyes:

Keep tooting your horn, buddy....all the way to Nov 2016

I am sorry for not understanding a word of what you said above, your incoherence does that to people.

For what and why would I 'keep totting your (my) horn'?

horses4courses
10-08-2014, 08:02 PM
I am sorry for not understanding a word of what you said above, your incoherence does that to people.

For what and why would I 'keep totting your (my) horn'?

Really???
You can't understand a single word?
That's pretty sad.....it's all written in reasonably plain English.

Totting your horn?
Not quite sure what you mean there,
but I do know that you will be blasting
all things Democratic from here to eternity.

Capiche?

Clocker
10-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Nobody ever really listens to him, do they?

Smart people listen to Buffett about business.

But when it comes to government, it is smart to do as he does, and not as he says. He talks about wealthy people like him paying more in taxes. But he fights tooth and nail to pay as little as possible in taxes.

And then he does what he wants with his money, including giving tons of it away to charity.

RunForTheRoses
10-08-2014, 08:47 PM
In the Dictionary, under the entry for Crony Capitalist is a picture of the Skunk from Omaha.

reckless
10-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Really???
You can't understand a single word?
That's pretty sad.....it's all written in reasonably plain English.

Totting your horn?
Not quite sure what you mean there,
but I do know that you will be blasting
all things Democratic from here to eternity.

Capiche?

YOU wrote that I was tooting my own horn. Also, what is truly sad is that you said your post was 'written in reasonably plain English' :lol:

And the rolling eyes sarcasm was brilliant too, I guess :D

Hoofless_Wonder
10-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Buffett must be on crack. Unlike Obama with blacks, Hillary is no cinch to lock up the women's vote. I'm expecting the catty bitchiness to catch up with her, especially from all the women who think Hillary should have kicked that sorry ass cheating husband of hers to the curb.

Her long history of blunders and lack of real accomplishments puts her on the same level as any newbie with a bit of charisma. She might not even win the democratic nomination (again).

I think the "Oracle" has this wrong. I sincerely hope he's wrong.

RunForTheRoses
10-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Buffett must be on crack. Unlike Obama with blacks, Hillary is no cinch to lock up the women's vote. I'm expecting the catty bitchiness to catch up with her, especially from all the women who think Hillary should have kicked that sorry ass cheating husband of hers to the curb.

Her long history of blunders and lack of real accomplishments puts her on the same level as any newbie with a bit of charisma. She might not even win the democratic nomination (again).

I think the "Oracle" has this wrong. I sincerely hope he's wrong.

She may have health problems. At any rate, due to demographic shifts in our nation, the Democrats are 1/5 to win with any candidate.

hcap
10-09-2014, 06:22 AM
She may have health problems. At any rate, due to demographic shifts in our nation, the Democrats are 1/5 to win with any candidate.Not so in 2016. Just the opposite.

RunForTheRoses
10-09-2014, 06:34 AM
Not so in 2016. Just the opposite.

well the White boys will be looking for a fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57PENuNVapc

and non white voters may not be as motivated. But is Chris Christie really second choice? And please no Bush III. Rand Paul may actually have a shot against that crew but will be cut apart by media based on what his father has said.

hcap
10-09-2014, 07:29 AM
well the White boys will be looking for a fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57PENuNVapc

and non white voters may not be as motivated. But is Chris Christie really second choice? And please no Bush III. Rand Paul may actually have a shot against that crew but will be cut apart by media based on what his father has said.A little herd of song to make a point? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chris Christie is more like 10th choice even if he goes on a diet :lol:

http://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/economic-demographics-democrats/

horses4courses
10-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Not so in 2016. Just the opposite.

Latest odds that I see to win WH in 2016 are:

-1.50 Dem
+1.20 Rep
50-1 Independent

Close enough....and plenty of time to change between now and then.

Robert Goren
10-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Who are the republicans going to nominate who is going to beat her? Can she be beat if the GOP comes with a good candidate? The answer is yes. I just have my doubts that they can come with that good candidate. I doubt if any of the household GOP names can beat her. They need a dark horse to emerge like Bill Clinton did in 1992 and Obama did in 2008 for the democrats.

horses4courses
10-09-2014, 09:07 AM
They need a dark horse to emerge like Bill Clinton did in 1992 and Obama did in 2008 for the democrats.

I'm thinking Obama was a little too dark a horse for the GOP ;)

Tom
10-09-2014, 09:16 AM
He did pass the Reid-O-Meter for darkness levels, though, and he was clean.
Of Course, Ted Keened though he was Osama.....but hey, two out three ain't bad.

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2014, 12:09 PM
He did pass the Reid-O-Meter for darkness levels, though, and he was clean.
Of Course, Ted Keened though he was Osama.....but hey, two out three ain't bad.Good point Tom. The left never fails to ignore their own leaders' blatantly racist/idiotic comments in favor of their continuous smear campaigns.

Tom
10-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Good point Tom. The left never fails to ignore their own leaders' blatantly racist/idiotic comments in favor of their continuous smear campaigns.

Who the hell is Ted Keened???? :blush:
How did mostie miss that one? :lol::lol::lol:

Clocker
10-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Who the hell is Ted Keened???? :blush:
How did mostie miss that one? :lol::lol::lol:

Let me step in as a substitute nitpicker of the day.

Anyone that can't spell "Ted Kennedy" shouldn't be posting about politics.

Feel like the world is back to normal now? :p

hcap
10-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Latest odds that I see to win WH in 2016 are:

-1.50 Dem
+1.20 Rep
50-1 Independent

Close enough....and plenty of time to change between now and then.
Currently...

REPUBLICANS +205
DEMOCRATS -245
ANY OTHER PARTY+4912

http://www.gamblerspalace.com/lines/politics

Actor
10-09-2014, 04:46 PM
http://life.time.com/history/hillary-clinton-in-1969-photos-of-a-recent-college-grad/#6

Robert Goren
10-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Good point Tom. The left never fails to ignore their own leaders' blatantly racist/idiotic comments in favor of their continuous smear campaigns.While that may be true, I think is fair to point out that everything we on the left know about smearing our opponent we learned the GOP. Of course a lot of people on the right consider it smearing when all of one their candidate's views and history are brought to light. Also the GOP never wants it brought up in the general election what said in their primaries by their candidates. Sorry, you don't get off that easy. Neither do they get a pass on women's issues like they'd want to.

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I need a Detective Goren --> English dictionary with this one.

reckless
10-09-2014, 06:02 PM
While that may be true, I think is fair to point out that everything we on the left know about smearing our opponent we learned the GOP. Of course a lot of people on the right consider it smearing when all of one their candidate's views and history are brought to light. ... Neither do they get a pass on women's issues like they'd want to.

I believe the left's playbook and political assassination game plan is taken from a book called Rules for Radicals. Since you know everything, I am sure you are well aware of the book, Robert.

Now, do you really, really, REALLY want to return to the War on Women thread. You may have suggested in your above post that the GOP is weak in that department. Just because the GOP won't call the kettle black (sorry, I couldn't help myself) and let the truth be told, I most certainly could.

ArlJim78
11-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Every candidate Hillary supported went down in flames tonight. I wonder if Buffett is still as confident? Frankly at this point I have my doubts whether she even runs. As many have pointed out, she is not a good candidate

Robert Goren
11-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Every candidate Hillary supported went down in flames tonight. I wonder if Buffett is still as confident? Frankly at this point I have my doubts whether she even runs. As many have pointed out, she is not a good candidateYou just keep telling yourself that! Actually I hope you are correct. I think Elisabeth Warren would make a very good president. :)

tucker6
11-05-2014, 07:17 AM
You just keep telling yourself that! Actually I hope you are correct. I think Elisabeth Warren would make a very good president. :)
Why? What credentials/experience does she have that would make her 'a very good president'?

rastajenk
11-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Her amazing powers of prevarication?

badcompany
11-05-2014, 07:31 AM
How can we know Hillary will even be the Dem candidate? She first has to get past this duo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/79/Marx_and_Engels.jpg

tucker6
11-05-2014, 07:37 AM
You just keep telling yourself that! Actually I hope you are correct. I think Elisabeth Warren would make a very good president. :)
Warren was a law professor and then senator for two years. We don't need another Obama. We don't need another president with zero real world experience. She's an empty dress.

ArlJim78
11-05-2014, 08:30 AM
The "you didn't build that" and the "don't let anyone tell you businesses create jobs" slogans didn't fare too well last night. Not sure the country is in the mood for any more of that nonsense.

JustRalph
11-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Don't forget EW is related to whomever she pleases

Clocker
11-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Every candidate Hillary supported went down in flames tonight.

Hillary is not capable of campaigning beyond the level of preaching to the choir and raising money from fat cat Democrats. The big news here is that Bill Clinton worked very hard to try to get the Democrat running for the Senate in Arkansas elected and couldn't.

ArlJim78
11-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Yep, bad night for Team Clinton. I'm afraid that well has run dry. They're nearly as big a turnoff as Obama.

johnhannibalsmith
11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Yep, bad night for Team Clinton. I'm afraid that well has run dry. They're nearly as big a turnoff as Obama.

You must not read Yahoo!

:lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
11-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Hillary is not capable of campaigning beyond the level of preaching to the choir and raising money from fat cat Democrats. The big news here is that Bill Clinton worked very hard to try to get the Democrat running for the Senate in Arkansas elected and couldn't.The democrat was a 2 term incumbent senator. He had his own baggage. But clearly Bill Clinton is no Bob Dole when it comes to saving incumbents in trouble. :)

Robert Goren
11-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Warren was a law professor and then senator for two years. We don't need another Obama. We don't need another president with zero real world experience. She's an empty dress.Well we two presidents with real world business experience in my lifetime. One a republican and one a democrat were the worst we have had for businesses and their employees. It is a toss up whether GWB or Carter left the economy in worse shape. Please no more businessmen. I am not sure the country could survive another one so soon.

ArlJim78
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Oh yeah, Yahoo News is always good for a laugh.
My mistake, it was a big night for Hillary despite the fact everyone she or Bill appeared on the stage with was swept out of office. That bodes very well for her ability to win the nomination and get people out to vote for her in '16 :rolleyes:

tucker6
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Well we two presidents with real world business experience in my lifetime. One a republican and one a democrat were the worst we have had for businesses and their employees. It is a toss up whether GWB or Carter left the economy in worse shape. Please no more businessmen. I am not sure the country could survive another one so soon.
did I say businessman? I'd take any chief executive, be they business or govt. Let's leave Congressmen and university types outside next time. I know Bush was a businessman and governor, but like I've always said, he got there on his daddy's coattails, and isn't a bright bulb. There's exceptions to every rule. Same with Carter. However, both are better than Obama, so your point fails at that.

Clocker
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
Well we two presidents with real world business experience in my lifetime. One a republican and one a democrat were the worst we have had for businesses and their employees. It is a toss up whether GWB or Carter left the economy in worse shape.

I would hardly call Carter a business man with real world experience. He was a peanut farmer at a time when peanut farming was heavily regulated by the federal government with production quotas and price supports. It is really hard not to make money when the government keeps out competition and subsidized your operations.

Bush's experience in the private sector seems to be largely the result of family connections and wealth. He showed little economic expertise, and his policies were straight out of the main stream GOP play book, and were mediocre at best.