PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks returns

ArlJim78
10-06-2014, 02:57 PM
WOW!
David Lynch tweeted the news this morning, new episodes of Twin Peaks are coming in 2016 on Showtime.
nNHsA4WIFvc

The groundbreaking television phenomenon, Golden Globe® and Peabody Award-winner TWIN PEAKS will return as a new limited series on SHOWTIME in 2016. Series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost will write and produce all nine episodes of the limited series, and Lynch will direct every episode. Set in the present day, TWIN PEAKS will continue the lore of the original series, providing long-awaited answers and a satisfying conclusion for the series’ passionate fan base.

johnhannibalsmith
10-06-2014, 03:13 PM
I was just reading this on another site where they had a pretty uninformative interview about it. I sure hope this doesn't just mean that Lynch is busted or something, but in a lot of ways it would be really hard for it not to be worth effort if only to strip the title "conclusion" from the finale.

TJDave
10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
I never got Twin Peaks, and it's not for lack of trying. I desperately wanted to be cool like everyone else. Is there some support group I can join or therapy I can get?

FantasticDan
10-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I was just reading this on another site where they had a pretty uninformative interview about it. I sure hope this doesn't just mean that Lynch is busted or something, but in a lot of ways it would be really hard for it not to be worth effort if only to strip the title "conclusion" from the finale.Variety has a good article with some details:

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/twin-peaks-revival-to-air-on-showtime-in-2016-1201322329/

I'll be watching for sure. My friends and I weren't even 21 when this came out, and we all loved it. We had viewing parties during the first season before "viewing party" was even coined :p

OH how I hope they bring back Albert :D :ThmbUp:

_Ex2vZeiupU

johnhannibalsmith
10-06-2014, 04:14 PM
I never got Twin Peaks, and it's not for lack of trying. I desperately wanted to be cool like everyone else. Is there some support group I can join or therapy I can get?

You just join the gaga for Seinfeld group I think.

_______
10-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Loved the series. But the prequel he did afterwards (Fire Walk with Me) was awful.

I'll look forward to this and just hope it doesn't have a new character named Jar Jar Binks.

Clocker
10-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Is there some support group I can join or therapy I can get?

With Twin Peaks coming back, there might be a business opportunity there. I'll check at the next meeting of my Seinfeld Deficit Disorder Group and see if they have any plans to expand.

Until then, just fake it like all the cool kids do.

Maximillion
10-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Ive never been able to really get into most of his work with the exception of Mulholland Drive....had to be almost dragged into the theater to see it but thought it was tour de force of a movie.

FantasticDan
05-21-2017, 12:32 PM
BUMP

Premieres tonight at :9: on Showtime! :eek::mad::D:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsdRG0mJj-w

RunForTheRoses
05-22-2017, 09:36 AM
I tried to watch but just couldn't get into it last night. So much obscurantism. Maybe I'll try again, he doesn't really help the viewer get a grip on the story, it was full of noises, industrial hums not unlike Eraserhead in parts.

Mullholland Drive is one of my fave movies of all time, that one I was able to decipher.