PDA

View Full Version : Dave Schwartz: Google Malware Warning

Dave Schwartz
10-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Suddenly, sometime this evening, Google in its infinite wisdom, has designated our off-site storage as a "known malware site."

I have no clue why or how this happened. And it will likely be tomorrow before I begin to get any answers.

Meanwhile, if you go to any page that contains any link to my offsite storage (practicalhandicapping.com) you will get this error.

THIS INCLUDES ANY PAGE I POST A LINK ON SUCH AS HERE ON PA!

Obviously, I am not a "known" (or unknown) purveyor of malware but until we get this straightened out, please be aware.

thaskalos
10-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Don't worry, Dave...the malware warning comes with a tab that takes us "back to safety". :)

sammy the sage
10-06-2014, 07:59 AM
if you have any advertiser(s)...it'll be from one of them...probably not deliberate...but still...that would be 95% chance of the source...

Dave Schwartz
10-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Making some progress. It seems that the front page was hacked and malware was installed. Of course, the front page is never used.

Note that I am speaking of this address:
http://www.practicalhandicapping.com/

Dave Schwartz
10-06-2014, 11:02 AM
We have removed the website's front page and are performing a full security scan.

Hopefully we will be online again in a few hours.

cj
10-06-2014, 12:30 PM
It is now saying Pace Advantage has been infected by the home page...shutting this thread down, and the other one if I can. I keep getting booted from it by Google.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2014, 12:48 PM
It is now saying Pace Advantage has been infected by the home page...shutting this thread down, and the other one if I can. I keep getting booted from it by Google.No, that's not what it's saying. Well, it is, but that's not what it means.

Dave put up a graphic on another thread, and that graphic is coming from his site, that's why you're getting the warning. It's not that any page has been infected here. It's just that an image is being served from an infected site. It's happened before (not with Dave)...

Have you seen the malware warning on any other page that does NOT have the image Dave linked to from his site? I haven't.

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2014, 12:51 PM
BTW, I removed that image on that other thread...now no more malware notices.

cj
10-06-2014, 04:12 PM
No, that's not what it's saying. Well, it is, but that's not what it means.

Dave put up a graphic on another thread, and that graphic is coming from his site, that's why you're getting the warning. It's not that any page has been infected here. It's just that an image is being served from an infected site. It's happened before (not with Dave)...

Have you seen the malware warning on any other page that does NOT have the image Dave linked to from his site? I haven't.

I knew what it all meant, just wasn't going to get too deep into it here. I figured it was better to close the threads until things were fixed.

I only saw it there, but I didn't take the time to figure out if it was the image or the links he had posted, that is why I closed them both.

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I knew what it all meant, just wasn't going to get too deep into it here. I figured it was better to close the threads until things were fixed.

I only saw it there, but I didn't take the time to figure out if it was the image or the links he had posted, that is why I closed them both.It was much appreciated...as always... :ThmbUp: