PDA

View Full Version : The day after a big race

dav4463
05-03-2004, 12:28 AM
I've noticed that many of my best winning days at the track occur on "the day after". I had a great night at Mountaineer Park and caught a big winner at Hollywood tonight....the day after the Derby. I remember some other big nights and one was the day after the Breeder's Cup last year and the day after last year's Belmont. Anybody else notice this ? Is it just me or does anyone else have success following the big days when the crowds are smaller and the horses are cheaper. By the way, breaking down my bets, I have much more success on Sunday through Wednesday than I do on Thursday through Saturday. Any explanations for this ?

cj
05-03-2004, 07:10 AM
I was saying the same in the War Room last night. I didn't do anything all day up until the Derby. Lost a pretty good amount for me. As soon as the Derby was over, it was like I had better focus. Hit a $33 horse and an $11 horse at Hollywood to end the night, and yesterday was one of my best days of the year.

Too much concentration on the big days maybe, then kind of back to the KISS method. Maybe that's it, I don't know.

pjd888
05-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
I was saying the same in the War Room last night. I didn't do anything all day up until the Derby. Lost a pretty good amount for me. As soon as the Derby was over, it was like I had better focus. Hit a $33 horse and an $11 horse at Hollywood to end the night, and yesterday was one of my best days of the year.

Too much concentration on the big days maybe, then kind of back to the KISS method. Maybe that's it, I don't know.

I'm a big fan of KISS!...
method...good for the long haul

;)

OTM Al
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Have to agree with cj. Spent so much energy setting up my derby bets that I was pretty poor on earlier races to the point that I failed to even bet a 10-1 shot I had circled that was an obvious choice and winner in the 10th at Aqueduct. After the Derby I nailed the 11th and 12th at Churchill after not even planning to bet them. Of course I was all smiles after the derby as It made up and then some for my earlier losing.

BIG HIT
05-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Anyone notice after the derby pat day usually win the race after the derby.Don't know how long he has been doing this.But has won 2 out of last three

Valuist
05-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Dont remind me of Pat Day in the race after the Derby. 2 years ago I had War Emblem in the middle leg of a Pic 3 and had 2 horses in the final leg. There were only 3 horses who could possibly win; the rest were overmatched rats. Who did I leave out? I left Pat out and he beat me and I missed out on the $1000 Pic 3.

sq764
05-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Dave, I hit the biggest exacta of my life at Mnr on Sat night.. 6th race I boxed the 1,2,6 exacta.. I had no idea the 6 drifted up to 60/1.. I figured on $5-600 exacta.. Boy was I happy to see a $1000 exacta (and just enough to avoid signing)

Valuist
05-03-2004, 11:43 AM
That sound like signer territory, unless it was a $1 ex that returned $500.

sq764
05-03-2004, 03:06 PM
yes, I wagered 5 $1 combination tickets, cashed on 2 of them for $1 each.. I usually play that way when I see a bomber in there that could throw the price over the limit..