PDA

View Full Version : Past Performances for The Arc?

PhantomOnTour
10-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Wondering if anyone knew where I could get a set of pp's for Sunday's Arc de Triomphe from Longchamp.

Thx,
POT

ReplayRandall
10-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Sorry the link is wrong.....my bad.

olddaddy
10-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Here it is.......

Saturday Longchamp Past Performances (http://www.link2bet.com/announcements/arcoct6.pdf)

Those are october 6, 2012

ReplayRandall
10-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Wondering if anyone knew where I could get a set of pp's for Sunday's Arc de Triomphe from Longchamp.

Thx,
POT

I think I've got it right

Sunday, October 5, 2014 (http://www.amwestentertainment.com/pdfs/racing-calendar/eafa5dc6-6e0e-e211-a28f-0019d1035314/pps-20140005.pdf)

PhantomOnTour
10-04-2014, 01:11 AM
Right on Randall!
Thank you, and it's the whole card :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
10-04-2014, 01:27 AM
Thanks a lot, Randall! :cool:

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/05-10-2014/longchamp/racecard/643654/qatar-prix-de-larc-de-triomphe-group-1

Paste the above link onto your browser.
The horse number is on the left.The number in brackets is the draw.
Hover the mouse over the horse name and colors and you will get the breeding and ownership...eg Ruler of the World is by Galileo and owned by Magnier and Michael Tabor.
Click on the horse's name and it will take you to the past performances.

Also this one:
http://www.irishracing.com/

Click on Race Cards then Longchamp for Sunday and do the same as above.

SP means starting price and latest show means the latest show of betting

jfdinneen
10-04-2014, 08:48 AM
One of the best handicapping web sites in Europe...
Racing Post (http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=611625&r_date=2014-10-04#raceTabs=sc_)

John

DJofSD
10-04-2014, 09:01 AM
It looks like BEIN1 will broadcast the card on Sunday.

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 09:33 AM
One of the best handicapping web sites in Europe...
Racing Post (http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=611625&r_date=2014-10-04#raceTabs=sc_)

John

I use The Racing Post also John.I took the print version with me to Longchamp last year.
http://www.attheraces.com/ is also one that I use.They will give you a synopsis;the draw advantages and a Timeform analysis.

jfdinneen
10-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Joe,

You are absolutely right on the mark with respect to the Racing Post PDFs for Longchamp. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this year - family commitments. Any selections on which you are particularly sweet?

Best of luck!

John

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Joe,

You are absolutely right on the mark with respect to the Racing Post PDFs for Longchamp. Unfortunately, I am unable to attend this year - family commitments. Any selections on which you are particularly sweet?

Best of luck!

John

Hi John,
Well;it's so wide open now isn't it?Last year I intended to bet Johnny Murtagh's ride but it was withdrawn;so I wound up on Ruler of the World with a saver on Treve.Treve has been such a letdown this year;and I am thrilled about Frankie Dettori getting the ride on Ruler of the World;but O'Brien has three in the race;so you can't bet one without including the others.Frankie will give Ruler a better ride but Tapestry is the now horse;and an improving three year old to boot;maybe I'll leave it alone this year;but it is a spectacle to watch so I will be there watching it on TV.

jfdinneen
10-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Joe,

I agree the annual renewal of the Arc is definitely the Race Of The Year on turf. This year, given your correct analysis of inconclusive form and the fact that many of the bigger stables in France are experiencing health problems, I think it might be worth betting all the Japanese runners. They (Japanese Runners) are usually underrated by the European public and rarely run out of the money!

John

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Yes indeed John.The Japanese will be fit and ready.They are overdue for a change of luck.Certainly won't be short of support;great racing fans with infectious enthusiasm;albeit for their own horses.You don't want to be near them if their horse is anywhere in a challenging position inside the final furlong.
Otherwise you will get pierced eardrums with the screams and shouts.

Grits
10-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Remember Deep Impact? The Japanese contingent didn't have any luck at all in '06 when he, who they believed to be the greatest horse in the history of the world, ran 3rd in the Arc. Later, dq'ed with a drug positive and retired. That year, so many from Japan had traveled to France to watch "their horse". I was watching, too, as the pall overcame them. They were speechless. :lol:

jfdinneen
10-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Grits,

Though I cannot recall which year it was, the most amazing cultural moment I experienced at the Arc was when the horses hit the stretch and, in rapid succession, an Italian German French and finally Irish horse hit the front - listening to each country shout home its hero in four different languages sent tingles down my spine. No violence, no animosity, just good-natured enthusiasm, joy, and banter!

John

Grits
10-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Grits,

Though I cannot recall which year it was, the most amazing cultural moment I experienced at the Arc was when the horses hit the stretch and, in rapid succession, an Italian German French and finally Irish horse hit the front - listening to each country shout home its hero in four different languages sent tingles down my spine. No violence, no animosity, just good-natured enthusiasm, joy, and banter!

John

I like your post a lot, John! I pray, one day, I'll get to visit, to see this race, live! This is the joy that one cannot hear when watching via computer feed. Euro turf races take one's breath when they're coming to the wire. Thank you for posting.

The reason this one stands out was so many put their money on Deep Impact... All I can say to that? Andre Fabre. I love the man. :kiss:

jfdinneen
10-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Grits,

They call him Napoleon and The Little Emperor because of his short stature and military bearing but he is definitely a giant of French racing!

John

DJofSD
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I like your post a lot, John! I pray, one day, I'll get to visit, to see this race, live! This is the joy that one cannot hear when watching via computer feed. Euro turf races take one's breath when they're coming to the wire. Thank you for posting.

The reason this one stands out was so many put their money on Deep Impact... All I can say to that? Andre Fabre. I love the man. :kiss:
Ya, it's on my bucket list, too.

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 06:46 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/2/9499059/gcs-20-questions-arc-beyond

A good analysis of the Longchamp card

OTM Al
10-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Picked Just a Way this afternoon and see others are thinking like me. That win in Dubai was a monster race. If he has the fitness after the layoff he has a great shot. Using Taghrooda top and bottom of the exacta with Just a Way and Spiritjim underneath only at a big price.

Track Phantom
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I like a bomb in the Arc...

My analysis and free PP's here http://www.trackphantom.com/Racing13.html

ten2oneormore
10-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Looks like 17-Dolniya 16-1 and 4-Ivanhowe 18-1 are both lightly raced horses on the improve.18-Taghrooda 13-2 is the most likely winner and the Japanese horses 6-Gold Ship 11-1 , 19-Harp Star 15-2 are next in line.

Ivanhowe and Taghrooda drew pretty bad.Not very familiar with the course layout but assuming a wide trip is in the cards.

I'm playing Dolniya to win and 6,17,19 ex box

thespaah
10-04-2014, 11:10 PM
This is a fantastic thread.
Thanks to all....c'est manifique!
Ok...Please do not ask me if can speak French...
This and a few other phrases are IT....oh, I can translate the road signs in Quebec.
Enjoy the race!
Unfortunately, I must work.... :mad:

nijinski
10-05-2014, 02:23 AM
Kingston Hill , Dolnyia , Ectot , Ivanhowe

Good Luck and may they all come home safe!

nijinski
10-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Kingston Hill , Dolnyia , Ectot , Ivanhowe

Good Luck and may they all come home safe!
Telegraph analyst had this to say about two of my picks . Saying
post 20 is like having two legs tied together Ouch , might rethink .

IVANHOWE 16-1

Trainer J Carvalho Jockey W Buick

The sole German challenger who inflicted first defeat on ante-post favourite, Sea The Moon, at Baden. Career plagued by niggles, has to be regarded as bit of an unknown quantity but German stayers warrant respect. Star rating: ***

Form 161 Age 4 Weight 9 5 Draw 19

14 KINGSTON HILL 16-1

Trainer R Varian Jockey A Atzeni

St Leger winner. Will not have the long straight of Doncaster to get rolling here so will have to be much handier. Stamina no problem, whether he has the instant acceleration is open to question. Rain would help cause but drawn 20 is like having two legs tied together. Star rating: ****

Form 241 Age 3 Weight 8 11 Draw 20

chickenhead
10-05-2014, 06:25 AM
The stars aligned for me to be in Paris this week and I look forward to an outstanding event. Lets hope my wagering skills exceed my French.

Grits
10-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Chickie, its been a long, long while. I hope you have an awesome time in Paris. Food, wine, art, racing, and landscape. Enjoy all that you can hold....;)

jfdinneen
10-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Gentlemen,

Note that J-C Rouget and H Pantall are currently the in-form stables in France.

John

Grits
10-05-2014, 08:29 AM
The Abbye, race 1, had a $63. winner. :faint: LOVE these races, the crowd is unreal. Just beautiful.

jfdinneen
10-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Grits,

David O'Meara is the best young trainer in England

John

lamboguy
10-05-2014, 08:48 AM
The stars aligned for me to be in Paris this week and I look forward to an outstanding event. Lets hope my wagering skills exceed my French.its great to see you here this morning, glad you are doing fine

Grits
10-05-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks, John. Rich Perloff's doing a good job for TVG. He thought well enough to apologize for any French names he may butcher. I'd do far worse.

Grits
10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
The 8 is placed third. DQed. Yes.

Grits
10-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I like the 11. Ectot.

Grits
10-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Ha, TREVE, two in a row, making history!!

ten2oneormore
10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Ha, TREVE, two in a row, making history!!

Unbelievable and 13-1 to go with it.

Think I could have done a better job than whoever operates the camera as Treve was barely in the picture while 3 lengths clear running down the stretch.

Grits
10-05-2014, 10:49 AM
She knows. Oh, does she know she won. That head is up and down! And her jock has tears streaming down his face, he's so happy. This is a real joy to have seen.

"I brought it to ya again didn't I boys!" :)

classhandicapper
10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Great race. 13-1 was pretty generous.

I used Just A Way.

The one problem with those really large fields and that camera work is that it's tough to keep track of all the horses. I'll have to watch the replay. I have no idea how Just A Way ran. I lost him. :lol:

kevb
10-05-2014, 10:57 AM
13-1 was pretty generous, except Twinspires pays $8.00. Treve was 13-1 on course, and went off at 13-1 on the Twinspires odds board, but they pay 3-1.

OTM Al
10-05-2014, 10:58 AM

I used Just A Way.

The one problem with those really large fields and that camera work is that it's tough to keep track of all the horses. I'll have to watch the replay. I have no idea how Just A Way ran. I lost him. :lol:

Just back from store and gym, so only got to just see the replay. Didn't get the Arc but had the Opera exacta for $5, so a winning day with two bets still in play. Don't want to know how close the Opera was as I had the exacta for $10 the other way.....

tholl
10-05-2014, 11:03 AM
13-1 was pretty generous, except Twinspires pays $8.00. Treve was 13-1 on course, and went off at 13-1 on the Twinspires odds board, but they pay 3-1.

Have contacted Twinspires about that.

Grits
10-05-2014, 11:07 AM

I used Just A Way.

Class, when you find him, let me know where Ectot was, too! :lol: Though, my favorite frenchman's horse, Flintshire, ran 2nd. Of that, I'm certain. And, TimeformUK's top figure ran third.

nijinski
10-05-2014, 11:08 AM
Congrats to the two time winner Treve and her connections ! Great race ,
the energy there , watching this is spectacular !!

Grits
10-05-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry, friends, we can Breeders' Cup World Championship it 'til hell freezes over but we'll never top THIS. And neither will anywhere else including Dubai. .... Of course, JMO.

tholl
10-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Something is wrong here. According to Xpressbet's program page Ruler of the World, Treve and Ectot all went off at 3/1. (on the program they all had an "a" by their names as if they were an entry). Totally different to the Twinspires board showing Treve going off at 13/1.

Exotic1
10-05-2014, 11:23 AM
The filly wanted to run some more at the finish.

Incredible training job by Christiane "Criquette" Head.

Grits
10-05-2014, 11:49 AM
A correction: Just A Way had the "top" figure of 142. Taghrooda's figure, I quoted as the top was second with 140. Sorry.

nijinski
10-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Amazing to see these lightly raced horses looking so fit . This is Treve's
4th race this year , 4 last year . Yet all stamina great training !

OTM Al
10-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Good day playing Longchamps. Got the Foret exacta for $10 and think bad luck when Whiplash Willie couldn't get out cost me the a win there as well in the Cadran. I'll take a 2 for 4 any day. I have got to see this live someday. I love that picture from the backstretch when you can see the stands and the hills behind. Stunning picture.

thespaah
10-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Good day playing Longchamps. Got the Foret exacta for $10 and think bad luck when Whiplash Willie couldn't get out cost me the a win there as well in the Cadran. I'll take a 2 for 4 any day. I have got to see this live someday. I love that picture from the backstretch when you can see the stands and the hills behind. Stunning picture.
is there is link to the US based wagering payoffs?

ArlJim78
10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Stunning indeed. Every year I wait for that moment, that view, where they appear to be running away from the grandstand which is so far in the distance.

NJ Stinks
10-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Something is wrong here. According to Xpressbet's program page Ruler of the World, Treve and Ectot all went off at 3/1. (on the program they all had an "a" by their names as if they were an entry). Totally different to the Twinspires board showing Treve going off at 13/1.

TVG thru NJBETS says Treve paid $8.00 too even though Treve's odds are shown to be 14-1 on the results page.

I don't get it either, Tholl. :confused:

joeslovo
10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Most likely means "All" as in "all others"...
It is a way of describing or even manipulating a market.
There is no SP in the parimutuel but often times we see (especially ante post or "future" betting) quotations for a betting show with a group of horses in an "all others" pool.This pool is generally low odds.I cannot see why Treve should be included in this at all;but there you go.I just did the omniswingers bet with Twin Spires with Treve and Flintshire and the O'Brien horses;just for an interest in the race;but I would be miffed if I had backed Treve to win with a measly 3/1 ROI.

tholl
10-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Best I can figure is that Ruler of the World, Treve and Ectot were considered an "entry" in US since all three are owned in part by Al Shaqab Racing.

Xpressbet picked up on that on their website as they did all have the 'a" by their names and were the same odds (3/1) at the off.

Twinspires and TVG (and probably others) did not realize the three were meant to be an entry and their website showed odds as if they were individuals.

But this still makes no sense as I thought that all money from wagering sites is pooled together as it comes in. It's not like you ever see the odds different on TVG versus Twinspires for example.

tholl
10-06-2014, 04:41 PM
TwinSpires is in the process of crediting anyone who bet Treve with them, adjusting the payoffs to $28 instead of $8. Good and correct solution to right the mistake.

OTM Al
10-06-2014, 04:49 PM
Best I can figure is that Ruler of the World, Treve and Ectot were considered an "entry" in US since all three are owned in part by Al Shaqab Racing.

Xpressbet picked up on that on their website as they did all have the 'a" by their names and were the same odds (3/1) at the off.

Twinspires and TVG (and probably others) did not realize the three were meant to be an entry and their website showed odds as if they were individuals.

But this still makes no sense as I thought that all money from wagering sites is pooled together as it comes in. It's not like you ever see the odds different on TVG versus Twinspires for example.

Pools appear to have been comingled as they are showing a 3/1 payoff here as well

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/05-10-2014/longchamp/result/643654/qatar-prix-de-larc-de-triomphe-group-1

horses4courses
10-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Very peculiar win payoff.
The entry that wasn't an entry.

Had I bet on Treve figuring I was getting $30+ on the win,
I would be very pissed off getting $8 for no apparent reason. :ThmbDown:

It sure looks like there was an error when it
came to listing the entries for betting purposes.

I have contacted TVG, TwinSpires, and Xpressbet
via twitter in search of an explanation.
Stay tuned......

DJofSD
10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
I recall two things from the BEIN1 broadcast: the win pool odds were different for the horses, i.e. it appeared they were not coupled for wagering purposes, and, one of the English speaking commentators wondered out loud why Treve was not being coupled with one of the other runners since he knew there was the same owner.

horses4courses
10-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I recall two things from the BEIN1 broadcast: the win pool odds were different for the horses, i.e. it appeared they were not coupled for wagering purposes, and, one of the English speaking commentators wondered out loud why Treve was not being coupled with one of the other runners since he knew there was the same owner.

I would contend that if bettors were never made aware
of a coupling situation, all win wagers should be refunded.

Those who bet on the :8: Treve to win should receive $30 for 2.
The show wagers and the exotic payoffs seem fine,
which makes the situation even more peculiar.

DJofSD
10-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I was referring to the situation on site in France -- on track.

horses4courses
10-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Just got these replies from TwinSpires.
Pretty ugly, imo

TwinSpires.com ‏@TwinSpires 15m15 minutes ago
@tahoepete27 Long story: at Longchamps 2, 8 & 11 were treated as a coupled entry for pricing the Win pool & each paid $8 to Win (1/3)

TwinSpires.com ‏@TwinSpires 7m7 minutes ago
@tahoepete27 However, in France, we're told it's customary to display odds based on each horse as if it's uncoupled & we got that feed(2/3)

Now here's a good move by TVG.
Seems they have paid the difference to their customers. :ThmbUp:

Joseph Travfourr ‏@travfourr 8h8 hours ago
@tvg continues to ignore me and will not honor the wager I made on TREVE @ 14-1 posted odds. Poor customer relations and service.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Joseph Travfourr retweeted
TVG Support ‏@TVGSupport 5m5 minutes ago
@travfourr @TVG Please check your acct history, we credited it to coincide with the 14/1 odds shown on the website.Call 888-752-9884 for ?.

thespaah
10-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Well good. The payoffs should reflect the odds displayed.