mrroyboy
10-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Good luck again Tray. I am passing this weekend to get my head straight. :bang:
Watching not betting.

traynor
10-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Good luck again Tray. I am passing this weekend to get my head straight. :bang:
Watching not betting.

Thanks. As long as you are just watching, you might want to watch Fraser Downs later tonight. Some interesting races.

HWIG
10-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Hope you do not mind my input....
I will get back to listing plays soon.

EARLY DOUBLE: 6-7

SECOND RACE:
07..MUGSHOT JESS 7/1 (HDCP) 7-5-1-4 ($NOOZER)
HDCP: 7-5-1-4

THIRD RACE:
03..VODKA IS TERROR 9/5 - NO CONTEST (BEST)
HDCP: 3-5-1-4

SEVENTH RACE:
03..BLADE SEELSTER 4/1 - WINS WERE AT LESSER CLASS
HDCP: 3-1-4-2

traynor
10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Anyone have an opinion on the 9th at Batavia? I am trying out (first time on live races) a new "automated pace analysis" utility (at this point). Makes it look like #6 SecondHandNews could get the early lead and never look back. That would put #4 TheBronxBumper or #7 StarbuxEden second.

All just conjecture at this point, however. All three may finish dead last, like the horses I have been posting for Yonkers.

traynor
10-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Hope you do not mind my input....
I will get back to listing plays soon.

EARLY DOUBLE: 6-7

SECOND RACE:
07..MUGSHOT JESS 7/1 (HDCP) 7-5-1-4 ($NOOZER)
HDCP: 7-5-1-4

THIRD RACE:
03..VODKA IS TERROR 9/5 - NO CONTEST (BEST)
HDCP: 3-5-1-4

SEVENTH RACE:
03..BLADE SEELSTER 4/1 - WINS WERE AT LESSER CLASS
HDCP: 3-1-4-2

Not at all. The more the merrier.

mrroyboy
10-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Good Tray love to hear more on your pace system. Need new ways to handicap. Old ways not working so well. Just please keep it simple for us old brains. Thank you Tray :D

traynor
10-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Good Tray love to hear more on your pace system. Need new ways to handicap. Old ways not working so well. Just please keep it simple for us old brains. Thank you Tray :D

This is like having a new Christmas toy (I'm still coding it, while using it in real time). I have been running live races as they come up, and one of the most interesting things is that it tossed the #1 Elite in the 4th at Batavia--that went off as the odds-on favorite and finished up the track. I dunno how it does in the "do good" department, but it seems dead on in the "not do good" department. That is, false favorites (like the #1 in the 4th at Batavia) really stick out.

It doesn't take many false favorites not bet to bump up the bottom line.

traynor
10-03-2014, 09:14 PM
SecondHandNews looked back. Foolish horse. Either that or I have more work to do fine tuning the code. However, it looks like it is doing what I want it to do--most of the time.

I need to try it on Yonkers.

traynor
10-04-2014, 12:14 AM

Watch the 8th at Fraser Downs. #6 looks (good? some term like that). The question is what will be second and third. 6 is even money and holding at that position--meaning money is being apportioned in the pool, rather than dumped. Should be an interesting race.

traynor
10-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Lots late on #5 ShalesGriz.

traynor
10-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I think those who pooh pooh "short prices" and "small exactas" only do so because they are unable to pick enough winners to do well. The primary reason there are so many losers (and so few consistent winners) is that the losers are chasing rainbows and leaving the easy money for others to scoop up.

Making a profit is not all that tough if you can suppress the desire to chase rainbows and tilt at windmills. That does not necessarily mean always betting 3/5 shots to win. Look at the 8th at Fraser Downs. Look at the trifecta and superfecta payoffs. Anyone who can not figure out how to make a healthy profit on such races needs to spend more time at greyhound tracks.

mrroyboy
10-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Very true Tray. Those so called short prices add up.
I have been working on new class rating methods for Meadowlands when they open. Those c-1 c-2 ratings just don't cut it. I have seen a full second difference with horses in the same class. That is not supposed to happen.

traynor
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Very true Tray. Those so called short prices add up.
I have been working on new class rating methods for Meadowlands when they open. Those c-1 c-2 ratings just don't cut it. I have seen a full second difference with horses in the same class. That is not supposed to happen.

Especially on a long track.