PDA

View Full Version : By the Moon and The G1 Frizette Stakes: Pedigree Profile

Bob S.
10-01-2014, 08:26 PM
By the Moon, 2nd in the G1 Spinaway Stakes her last out, is an 8-1 ML for Saturday's Grade One Frizette Stakes at Belmont Park and I like her chances. Read why here:

http://bobschless.wordpress.com/2014/07/20/2-year-old-pedigree-spotlight-by-the-moon/

letswastemoney
10-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Feathered set the pace last time, but the fractions went in 24 and 48. I'm not too sure how speedy she is. Cavorting can rate too.

The race has too many questions for me. The only one I can't make a case for is Cayman Croc.

Bob S.
10-01-2014, 11:05 PM
By the Moon is the sleeper in the field. No one was catching Condo Commando in the Spinaway. By the Moon ran a deceptively good 2nd in the race as a closer on a very sloppy track. She was well clear of 3rd place horse Angela Renee who came back last weekend to win a graded stakes race. She has a very strong finishing kick and should relish two turns.

Thebigguy
10-02-2014, 03:25 AM
I think its all 1,2.
Why would anyone want to take the Rodriguez here? Let her prove shes not a slop freak. Why would anyone want the Pletcher here after that insanely slow early pace they let her set last time. Im not sure how good Cavorting is, but she should handle this field. And if its not Cavorting I think Wonder Gal is the only other possibility. She is very talented and clearly did not want to run inside of horses last time. I will be knocked out of all my multi race wagers if anyone but the 1 or 2 wins this race.

Bob S.
10-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Why not By the Moon? Ran a nice maiden at the SPA and a deceptively good 2nd in the Spinaway Stakes in a race she had no right to do well in given her closing style and the sloppy surface. She was far ahead of third place finisher Angela Renee who recently came back to win the "win and you're in" G1 Chandelier Stakes. She is regally bred top to bottom and I think she's a sleeper in this field which has a good amount of speed in it.

Bob S.
10-04-2014, 10:07 AM
By the Moon's dam sire, Malibu Moon, is known as a very good wet track sire. Orb, his son, won The Kentucky Derby on a sloppy track.

Grits
10-04-2014, 03:51 PM
By the Moon, 2nd in the G1 Spinaway Stakes her last out, is an 8-1 ML for Saturday's Grade One Frizette Stakes at Belmont Park and I like her chances. Read why here:

http://bobschless.wordpress.com/2014/07/20/2-year-old-pedigree-spotlight-by-the-moon/

I was outside and missed the race and the pre-race discussion, so I know nothing about the pace or the trip, still Belmont's Frizette results just came up on the TVG crawl.

Your pedigree pick, your handicapping pick, By The Moon, won paying a whopping $50.50

Congratulations..pleased for you. Hope you bet a good amount. :ThmbUp:

Valuist
10-04-2014, 03:55 PM

Very nice call. :ThmbUp:

joeslovo
10-04-2014, 04:47 PM
Nice One Bob!!

ArlJim78
10-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Now that was impressive. Well done.

Bob S.
10-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Thank you for the kudos. My buddy and I saw this filly break her maiden impressively on the opening day of the Saratoga meet and after looking at her pedigree I wrote my first pedigree analysis piece. Letting her get away at 24-1 was criminal today. She is regally bred and very talented. She will be undervalued at Santa Anita as well because she won as a longshot in the mud and I look forward to it. But today was the day to be on her-that's for sure. Go to my blog at bobschless.wordpress.com and follow it to be alerted when I put an article out.

menifee
10-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Bob,

That was impressive. Good work. Hope you scored on that big time.

Exotic1
10-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Exceptional. A whole write up on a horse that went on to pay $50. I hope you inflicted some serious damage on the pools.

Bob S.
10-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Studying 2-year-old horse's pedigrees is an important and useful handicapping angle IMO. If you've got the time and the mind to do some it is worth it.

castaway01
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Nice call Bob.