PDA

View Full Version : Puca. Big Brown filly.

Stillriledup
10-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Sky's the limit?

Not4Love
10-01-2014, 07:45 PM
No. I don't think so. I didn't see the time but visually it just looked like the rest of that field was very week. Considering its now Fall racing there is a better chance that it was. Just my opinion. N4L

Thebigguy
10-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Sky's the limit?

Wait a minute... You told me you never posted on HH. You have to be the guy who said this was the best 2yr old of either sex that he has seen this year....
What a joke. She beat nothing with an 80 beyer. Shes not very good IMO and will be over bet in any spot next time out because of the blowout win.

HUSKER55
10-02-2014, 07:48 AM
obviously you seen something I didn't. good for you!

pandy
10-02-2014, 08:01 AM
If they put her in an NW1 next start I think she'll win easily.

Stillriledup
10-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Wait a minute... You told me you never posted on HH. You have to be the guy who said this was the best 2yr old of either sex that he has seen this year....
What a joke. She beat nothing with an 80 beyer. Shes not very good IMO and will be over bet in any spot next time out because of the blowout win.

:D

I know you are desperately hoping i post on another board so you can read my musings at TWO places, but i hate to burst your bubble. I am a hall of fame poster, so its quite possible people are piggybacking my comments at other places....you know, to make themselves look smart. :D

OntheRail
10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
No. I don't think so. I didn't see the time but visually it just looked like the rest of that field was very week. Considering its now Fall racing there is a better chance that it was. Just my opinion. N4L

8.5F in 23 1st... 47 2nd finished in 1.46 running away. Seems like a nice effort from her.

Just to compare

Race earlier 3yr and up 8.5F 1.49

Stillriledup
10-02-2014, 07:06 PM
8.5F in 23 1st... 47 2nd finished in 1.46 running away. Seems like a nice effort from her.

Just to compare

Race earlier 3yr and up 8.5F 1.49

Going on visuals here, she has a "look" big gait, long reach, looks like she can be a nice filly. Lots has to happen for her to become a stakes winner or an elite horse, but you gotta start somewhere.

Shemp Howard
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
The connections seriously considered scratching her from yesterday's spot to run in the Grade III Jessamine Stakes on the grass next week at Keeneland as a maiden.

Being a half-sister to Grade I placed turfer Finnegan's Wake and just 1 1/2 lenghts behind Miss Grillo winner Lady Eli I wouldn't be so quick to down play her win yesterday as beating little or nothing.

She's a filly to hitch your wagon to.

Stillriledup
10-02-2014, 09:09 PM
The connections seriously considered scratching her from yesterday's spot to run in the Grade III Jessamine Stakes on the grass next week at Keeneland as a maiden.

Being a half-sister to Grade I placed turfer Finnegan's Wake and just 1 1/2 lenghts behind Miss Grillo winner Lady Eli I wouldn't be so quick to down play her win yesterday as beating little or nothing.

She's a filly to hitch your wagon to.

I agree. Every quality horse "beat nothing" on their way up the ladder. Horses don't start out in Grade 1 races as firsters too often, if ever, so you have to beat "lesser" in order to get up the ladder.

Shemp Howard
10-02-2014, 09:28 PM
The Jessamine Stakes is a "win and you're in " race for 2yo fillies on the grass so you can like for this miss on the weeds next out, for sure.

Stillriledup
10-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Breeders Cup entered.

taxicab
10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Breeders Cup entered.

I like Puca to win the Juvenile Fillies.

Stokes State
10-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Gonna have to check out the replay, by 16, nice! She didn't look bad at 'Toga with her last wide trip third, but I guess she has got it figured out now.

Speaking of "Puca's", here's a "Pookah" from the past to check out:

Thoroughbreds Don't Cry (http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article.html?isPreview=&id=382525|99303&name=Thoroughbreds-Don-t-cry)