PDA

View Full Version : Race 8 Northfield, Vacating the 3 hole.

Stillriledup
09-29-2014, 08:55 PM
So, the 2 horse, Just Crowned is pacing powerfully on the front end, he's never going to get beat in a million years, the 3 is in the pocket chasing along fine, he's keeping up for the most part.....BUT, the guy who's sitting 3rd pulls off the Raill??? WHY? He lets the 7 slip inside of him and that horse gets up for 2nd.

This is like having a bad blackjack player hitting on 20 in the seat next to you. WHAT WAS THIS GUY DOING?

baconswitchfarm
09-29-2014, 09:10 PM
So, the 2 horse, Just Crowned is pacing powerfully on the front end, he's never going to get beat in a million years, the 3 is in the pocket chasing along fine, he's keeping up for the most part.....BUT, the guy who's sitting 3rd pulls off the Raill??? WHY? He lets the 7 slip inside of him and that horse gets up for 2nd.

This is like having a bad blackjack player hitting on 20 in the seat next to you. WHAT WAS THIS GUY DOING?
:lol:

Welcome to everyday of my life

Stillriledup
09-29-2014, 09:53 PM
:lol:

Welcome to everyday of my life

Sorry man. If you had the sure winner over the 3 or even the the 9, you deserved a better fate.

EMD4ME
09-29-2014, 10:19 PM

You remind me of the buddy I have who has no clue that WWE is fake. I can see the ending and the "surprises" from a mile away but lo and behold as the supposed "surprise" happens my friend screams out of an injustice and how could that happen!

I never touch harness racing. Don't like scripted parimutual wagering lol :lol:

cmp92
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM

Unfortunately that happens often in harness racing. I could say that I don't really bother playing Northfield, but that sort of stuff happens in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, etc.

RaceTrackDaddy
09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately that happens often in harness racing. I could say that I don't really bother playing Northfield, but that sort of stuff happens in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, etc.

I am going back a ways but Dave Hawk once told us when we went out to ScD for a stake race that drivers in Ohio believe that you get nothing in the three hole and will see them go first over way before the half sometimes. The way they race, being in the three hole is being in jail as many horses out there tend to pull early instead of racing in straight alignment like the Meadows. This was before the days of the passing lanes. I do believe that mentality is still in place as many still drive as if the three hole is being in jail.

In fact, at the Meadows once they opened up the lane for the passing lane, one would win from the three hole just hugging the pylons as the second place horse would pass up the lane for an early move to the outside of the leader hence giving the third place horse room to gear up his horse and be at top speed when hitting the passing lane. More times than not, that move by the second place horse gave it to the third place one.