PDA

View Full Version : Trakus incorrect at Belmont's 7th on 9/28/14

Longshot6977
09-29-2014, 05:26 PM
I watched the race live and saw the 50-1 :7: Margaret Reay come in 2nd. But Trakus showed the :1: coming in 2nd at the wire. I watched the replay today to be sure of what I saw and the :7: on Trakus was shown coming in 6th. He even had the lead in the stretch for a bit and Trakus was showing the :1a: for his chicklet. I thought they had saddlecloth transponders assigned. How could this happen? Watch the replay and let me know your opinion.

thespaah
09-29-2014, 05:54 PM
I watched the race live and saw the 50-1 :7: Margaret Reay come in 2nd. But Trakus showed the :1: coming in 2nd at the wire. I watched the replay today to be sure of what I saw and the :7: on Trakus was shown coming in 6th. He even had the lead in the stretch for a bit and Trakus was showing the :1a: for his chicklet. I thought they had saddlecloth transponders assigned. How could this happen? Watch the replay and let me know your opinion.
An obvious glitch in the system.
I watched the replay. Trakus had incorrect data on :7: throughout the race.
If you view the Trakus chart the :7: is excluded from the chart with a note at the bottom of the page indicating "data unavilable for the :7: "

OTM Al
09-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Noticed this while it was happening as I was cursing that.a 50-1 shot was out on the lead with a slow pace. Alas the P3 died in the 9th....

cj
09-29-2014, 07:24 PM
Probably just had the transponders switched for the two horses, it is rare, but I've seen it happen.

Longshot6977
09-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Probably just had the transponders switched for the two horses, it is rare, but I've seen it happen.

Agreed , but isn't it also strange that the 1 (not the 1A) crossed the wire 2nd on the graphic. The graphics movement near the wire as it got closer was strange as the 1, 1A and 7 seemed to have issues. Maybe it was more than just switched transponders, something glitchy on all three horses' transponders I guess.

Cratos
09-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Agreed , but isn't it also strange that the 1 (not the 1A) crossed the wire 2nd on the graphic. The graphics movement near the wire as it got closer was strange as the 1, 1A and 7 seemed to have issues. Maybe it was more than just switched transponders, something glitchy on all three horses' transponders I guess.

Trakus operates on a RFID technology or similar technology and although failure is rare with this technology it does happen due to susceptibility which probably occurred at the component level due to RFI/EMI.

the little guy
09-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Trakus operates on a RFID technology or similar technology and although failure is rare with this technology it does happen due to susceptibility which probably occurred at the component level due to RFI/EMI.

Well that certainly clears it up.

Cratos
09-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Well that certainly clears it up.

I like many found the explanation to be simple and straightforward particularly in a cellphone culture where similar incidents occur

JustRalph
09-29-2014, 10:33 PM
I had 10 w/p on that :7: I got really excited for the first few seconds because I thought he would be coming from further off the pace. I was pissed when I thought he was on the lead via trakus chiclets. Wasn't happy he was so close either way. But lucked out on the place money.

The Lone star Park crowd was going nuts about it.