PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Miller

mountainman
09-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Miller seems increasingly deferential to fellow commentators Gary Koch and Roger Maltbie, even to the point of lobbing them questions as if he were merely a "play by play" man. They, however, never seek to make Miller look good, and come across as smug and condescending when he lays out for them.

Jim Nance has even cut Miller off once or twice this week when Johnny was starting to really stir the pot. Love him or hate him, Miller is a highly entertaining and compelling personality, and I think it's a mistake to not draw him out and let him more dominate the telecast.

DJofSD
09-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Miller is a part of the entertainment value for me. He puts it out there and doesn't care how others react. That's not his problem.

I hope Golf Channel and/or NBC engages him in the future.

mountainman
09-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Miller is a part of the entertainment value for me. He puts it out there and doesn't care how others react. That's not his problem.

I hope Golf Channel and/or NBC engages him in the future.

Love the guy. What a prescient call to second guess Tom Watson's decision to send Phil and Keegan out there for a second session the other afternoon.

Nick Faldo, of course, would later redboard Watson's bad call , but Miller went on record in advance.

Greyfox
09-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Miller is the best announcer that American golf has.

I like Faldo as well, but the best announcer, and even better than Miller, is Peter Alliss.

Colin Montgomery has been a very welcome addition to the Ryder Cup telecasts in his cameo appearances.

mountainman
09-28-2014, 11:14 AM
Miller is the best announcer that American golf has.

I like Faldo as well, but the best announcer, and even better than Miller, is Peter Alliss.

Colin Montgomery has been a very welcome addition to the Ryder Cup telecasts in his cameo appearances.

Judging from the backlash Miller's comments spark, and the way prominent golfers talk and behave, I think they see themselves as above being criticized. I really do. Maybe they should consider the source before crying foul. Miller in his prime would have schooled most of them on the golf course.

wiffleball whizz
09-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Sucks you we won't be seeing miller during the us open anymore as the us open goes to fox......Johnny miller makes the us open on tv

judd
09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Miller is the best ;)