PDA

View Full Version : Belmont 9/27 11th Race Photo

BIG49010
09-27-2014, 09:41 PM
I've watched 1000's of races from Belmont, and I never would have guessed in a million years that the :4: won the race over the :12:.

The line in the photo on TV was quite interesting also!

thespaah
09-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I've watched 1000's of races from Belmont, and I never would have guessed in a million years that the :4: won the race over the :12:.

The line in the photo on TV was quite interesting also!Went over to nyra.com. The photos for races 1-9 are up.
I'll look tomorrow. I saw the same thing and thought "how in the hell...?"
If I had a winning ticket on the :12: , I would have looked at the replay on the monitor, then started heading to the machines to exchange my voucher..

wisconsin
09-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Have not seen the photo, but watched the replay haf dozen times and the :4: got the nose down the way I saw it.

titans1127
09-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Have not seen the photo, but watched the replay haf dozen times and the :4: got the nose down the way I saw it.100% agreed though the 2nd time they showed the slo-mo I wasn't as sure. The photo showed the 4 winning by what was probably 2-3 inches at most.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 11:02 PM

The line in the photo on TV was quite interesting also!

Didnt see the race live, just watched the stretch run, looked like the 4 got an amazing bob, i would have thought too close to call if i had either horse.

Im sure the photo will tell the tale, its not like they ever make a mistake and post the wrong horses. ;)

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2014, 02:40 AM
Photos are the simplest thing in the world to get right, especially nowadays. People who think otherwise are deluding themselves.

The precision that exists today, with the possible exception of bullrings and fair circuits, is unprecedented.

People who reference "the finish line" in a photo, as if that means anything other than an aid to more clearly identify the winner, know little of what they speak.

BIG49010
09-28-2014, 12:10 PM
I had no wager on the race, and am sure there was no doubt they got it correct. Just watching the race, which I just did on the replay show on NYRA, it still looks like the :4: never got to the winner.

I guess I need to make a trip to eye doctor!

thespaah
09-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Yep.... :4: got 'em....Pretty clear in this photo
http://www.nyra.com/belmont/photo-finish/20140927/race11/win/
Mirror image is funky....That makes it look like the winner is :12:
I must be seeing something that isn't apparent.

wisconsin
09-28-2014, 12:33 PM
You have to look real close at the mirror image and realize the nostril on top that you "think" belongs to the :4: is really that of the :12: and the one on the wire is, indeed, the :4: . Tough a photo snap as there ever was...

johnhannibalsmith
09-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Yeah it is one of those funny looking ones especially at that zoom where you can't tell the two heads apart until you look at which is up on the bob and which is down.

In fact, I'll call it a pretty shitty win picture not to include more of the teasing mirror image and less of the melting front wraps.