PDA

View Full Version : Balmoral late pick 4 for Saturday 9/27/14

Poindexter
09-26-2014, 11:20 PM
As usual free past performances available at ustrotting.com.
Posting Record to date. Did some backtracking and it looks like I am -$530 on 7 pick 4’s as I have not hit one yet.

I haven’t been posting lately as I just haven’t really been prepared enough to put anything up, but I have been playing.
Going to play this pick 4 using 4 tickets.
1) 2-4 with 6 with 2-6-8-10 with 1-3-4-5-6-10 for $48.
2) 2-4 with 6 with 10 with 2-7-8-9 for $8
3) 2-4 with 6 with 1-3-4-5-7-9 with 1 for $12
4) 1-3-5-6-10 with 6 with 10 with 1 for $5
I am getting a little creative today as I have been missing out on some huge pick 4’s that were hittable, just because I haven’t been creative in the past few weeks. Obviously ticket 1 is the main ticket and tickets 2,3 and 4 are the savers.

Total play $73.

Note if I was on tight budget I would just play one ticket
2-4 w 6 w 2-6-8-10 w 1-3-4 for $24. For the record I am using the above play.

10th) Going to start off with a double in the 10th. 2-4
2) Furious Frank-Was parked ¼ to the top and basically used all the way to the ½ in the 54.2 1st half, before relinquishing control and sitting the 2 hole. Closed nicely in the lane beating everybody but In over my Head who would be like 1/5 in here. Big effort earning a nice figure and now gets a class drop.
4) Tink and Tiger-Comes out of the same race where he was needlessly used early to sit the 3 hole and came out 1st over. I think the early sting left him a bit limited in the lane, but he kept to task.
Think these 2 sort of lay over the rest of this field.

11th) Going to Single #6 Ice Scraper in here. This guy ran out of his mind in the last. Setting fractions of 26, 52.3 and 120, and amazingly held on quite well finishing out in 1:49 against some of the better horses on the grounds. Now takes a big drop in class and should completely dominate these.

12th) 2-6-8-10
2) Always the Sun-This is definitely his class level, most of his prior races have been against tougher. Last race he was stuck in he 10 hole and was like 5th over. I think he probably should have closed a little better, but with the 2 post he obviously is eligible for a much better trip today.
6) Jerrico-Certainly racing better in recent races. Was 3rd over in the same race and closed well enough for 2nd. Has to be used.
8) Holy Chip-This guy has tailed off in his last two starts-not sure if it was due to the driver change or coincidence, but Casey Leonard is back up, obviously knows this horse well and seem to get the most from him. A few weeks ago, I would not be mentioning Holy Chip in the same sentences as Jerico(see the 8/2 race they were both in). We will find out tonight if this guy has truly tailed off or is a better horse under Leonard. But even if he reverts to prior form, he must deal with the 8 hole. Obviously have to use him.
10) KingoftheJungle-Obviously he has been facing against much better competition on other circuits. Trackmaster figures clearly make him the horse to beat, but he does have the 10 hole. This race does not have a lot of speed so I assume he will leave, make the top and keep going, but if he doesn’t leave he has his work cut out.

13th ) 1-3-4-5-6-10(originally I was going to use the 1-3-4 and then expanded it to include 6 horses).

1) Madoff-Did not show much in recent races, but put in a huge effort last out, closing well from last on the far outside and just missed nailing Always the Sun who is in the last race and would definitely be the horse to beat if he was in here. If he repeats last he is the horse to beat in here on the class drop.
3)Fox Valley Cupid-A pretty funny story. On the Chicago harness racing form, someone criticized Bobby Smolin for taking this horse to the half in 54.1 on 8/30. He came on the forum to defend himself saying that this horse has a lot of talent but just will not pass anybody, so he wanted the lead with him and went on to criticize Casey Leonard for trying to ¼ move with Svaya Knows. So fast forward to 9/20 and what does this horse do, he sits a 2 hole trip behind the favorite, blows by him and holds off a couple of closers to win. Guess maybe he will pass a horse. On to today. This horse was obviously used a bit, leaving in a 26.3 first quarter before getting a very convenient tuck in the 2 hole around the 1st turn(never ceases to amaze me how many tucks are given at this track). Sat a 2 hole trip, blew by the favorite and held on to win. Earned a solid figure for the effort and switches to Dave Magee.

4) Svaya Knows-This guy has not been the luckiest horse in the world. 8/30 he was hung out in that speed duel I talked about above, 9/6 he was in the 7 hole and closed pretty well earning a nice figure. 9/13 he was stuck in the 10 hole in the finals for that stake series and beaten maybe 2 lengths for 2nd-his prior effort was better, and then in his last start he breaks before the start. All this may lead to a little bit of value with this guy. He certainly is a solid fit at this level, he just isn’t very talented so he needs a trip to get there.

5) Summer Shandy-Was beginning to look promising back in July, before disappointing at 3/5 on 7/19 vs cheaper. Switched circuits to Maywood where he once again faced cheaper but at least improved form after adding lasix. Last out he was buried with the 8 hole. Probably the least likely to win of the horses I am using, but this is not the most talented field I have ever seen and you do have the 5 post and leading driver up.

6) Bell Valley Bill-Perhaps a tiny class hike, but not a big jump. Rail road in shuffled in last, inherited the 4 hole ft and closed quite well(did not have full clearance until the 1/8th poll). His figure not as good as the 1,3 or 4, but looks like he is on the improve. Have to use him.

10) Sleazeburgernfries-Hard to figure this guy. Puts in some big efforts on occasion. Think he had broken equipment in last start and was declared a non starter. Prior to that I thought he completely stunk in the stake series, especially the finals. With the trip he had he should have had some pace left and not been completely empty in the lane. Obviously the 8/30 race makes him look good when he had a great trip into a ridiculously overpaced race. 8/23 race looks solid. I think he has gone off form, but I am not willing to toss him, so I am using him in the pick 4.

The Inside Scoop
09-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Nice analysis of your selections. You are one who has done their homework and I hope you are rewarded.

Poindexter
09-28-2014, 01:18 AM
Thanks Scoop. Bet $72 got back $75. Beats losing and I break my pace advantage maiden.

The Inside Scoop
09-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Take the 3 bux and grab an ice cream. The information you gained watching last night was well worth the small profit.