PDA

View Full Version : May 1 CRC 8th DQ

headhawg
05-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Just wanting to know if anyone who saw the 8th at CRC thought the DQ was justified. I tried to be objective but I had the winner (at a little shorter price than I wanted) and really couldn't see the foul. To me it looked like Rolled Stocking clearly passed Balance the Books, stayed steady in the 3 path and the inside horse moved out and clipped the ass end of the eventual winner.

They replayed the head-on about twenty times and it still looked to me like Klinger held the horse straight in the lane.

Can the owners file a complaint? There's a $12K difference in purse money.

Valuist
05-02-2004, 11:53 AM
I believe Florida has the worst stewards in the country.

Valuist
05-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Bizarre race at Hollywood yesterday. Baffert had an uncoupled entry; one at 70-1 and the other 25-1. The 70-1 finishes first but bothers the 2nd horse, who just happens to be Bobblehead Bobs 25-1 shot. They ended up reversing the top 2. Never saw the payoffs but its mind boggling that an all Baffert exacta could have two bombs that big. Then again, 2 years ago a Baffert-Lukas Derby exacta paid huge.

stgeorge
05-02-2004, 05:40 PM
I agree completely with your assessment of the DQ. I was watching with some other folks (none of us played the race, so our opinions were objective) and we were amazed that the stewards looked at the replay so many times. We just couldn't believe they would DQ the winner.

As you suggest, it seemed apparent that the inside runner moved out and the winner was keeping a relatively straight path.

We were shocked when the winner's number came down.