PDA

View Full Version : Some post race quotes

cj
05-02-2004, 09:39 AM
"When he did get out, moved outside of Lion Heart, he was, he kind of got on the bit and I knew we were going to be very dangerous from there."

Stewart Elliott

"I went under the wire with a horse with a ton of run left in him. The reason that happened was that all around the turn -- for about 200 yards I'd say -- I was about frozen in my position. The horses all around me weren't going anywhere."

—Kent Desormeaux

"He just didn't handle the track at all, not one bit, and he had to overcome a horrible trip. There were 16 horses in front of me bumping around. It's the greatest race in America, and the toughest race to win."

—Shane Sellers

"He was a little stronger than I would have wanted early on. When I asked him to pick it up on the backside I knew we were in trouble because he was struggling to pass horses."

—Ramon Dominguez

"I was in good position all the way. But he started slipping and sliding. He wasn't handling it. At the half-mile pole he really got discouraged and it was all over for me from there."

—Alex Solis

"I have great respect for the winner...he's a champion. I hope, if everything goes well, in two weeks we can get revenge. Perhaps we can have an Affirmed/Alydar rivalry."

Patrick Biancone

I particularly like the last one, good to see some competitive spirit in a horseman!

kenwoodallpromos
05-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Good tjhing the excuse- riddled jockeys do not write PP comments! Then againg, it would make capping even more fun!!LOL!! I see Sellers did not say he lost because he is too fat!!