PDA

View Full Version : the great Mountain

lamboguy
09-24-2014, 07:54 PM
what's always been good about the Mountain for me is that its very easy to spot an awful race. this just happened in the 3rd race tonight.

what i do is put all the horses in my stable mail, wait for them to run again and make sure i don't stick any good money on them.

everyone usually looks for the good key race, i look for the exact opposite. i hope the Mountain lives on for many years. i have to admit, its very easy to play that place, all you need is a little patience.

for the record, i didn't play that 3rd race tonight.

Stillriledup
09-24-2014, 08:54 PM
That race was bad news. The winner looked disastrous on paper and won by a city block.

lamboguy
09-24-2014, 09:07 PM
That race was bad news. The winner looked disastrous on paper and won by a city block.i love those races, its just a great tool to come up with odd ball winners sometimes. even if i could go to the Mountain every morning to watch horses train, it would do me no good, most the horses are on farms or other tracks. i have been handicapping this way at the mountain for 8 years now, and this is the best year yet. i only wish there was more money in those pools.

Stillriledup
09-24-2014, 09:10 PM
i love those races, its just a great tool to come up with odd ball winners sometimes. even if i could go to the Mountain every morning to watch horses train, it would do me no good, most the horses are on farms or other tracks. i have been handicapping this way at the mountain for 8 years now, and this is the best year yet. i only wish there was more money in those pools.

There's a TON of value at this place if you just follow along.

appistappis
09-24-2014, 10:22 PM
for the few of us who play the mountain and make money....ssshhhhh.

Peter Berry
09-25-2014, 12:13 AM
for the few of us who play the mountain and make money....ssshhhhh.
Still the best-kept secret in racing after all these years but the snobs and bad handicappers will always disparage the joint.

thaskalos
09-25-2014, 12:33 AM
Worst track in the nation...no offence intended, of course. :)

Stillriledup
09-25-2014, 12:49 AM

The thing i like about the Mountain the best is how the track plays on most nights. I don't appreciate the dumb stewarding that happens there on occasion and i wish the pools were bigger, but its not the worst track from a betting standpoint.

judd
09-25-2014, 05:24 AM
its a track that brings back memories, when it was Waterford, can remember :lol: driving down on weeknights, about an hr and 15 min--now im in bed at 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bello
09-25-2014, 08:45 AM
It is easier to pick the least worst horse in a bad field than the best horse in a good field.

Live on tracks like Mountaineer and Charlestown!

Easy pickings.

appistappis
09-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Still the best-kept secret in racing after all these years but the snobs and bad handicappers will always disparage the joint.

couldn't agree more.....the mountain and Indiana downs are my top earners but when I walk in the o.t.b. the boys are always on Belmont, woodbine and California. I take so much flak (good humored) but I keep finding them bombs. I'll leave 'the good horses' to those guys.

cutchemist42
09-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Love the mountain, nailed that huge turf bomb on Tuesday night.

That winner from the third though might have been my 4th or 5th pick if I went that deep. The most I can see is his top Bris is maybe 7-8 points off the others, attended a decent 4f route pace last race, and got a rest.

Stillriledup
09-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Love the mountain, nailed that huge turf bomb o Tuesday night.

Ugh dont remind me, if the 1 gets up to win, i hit the tri. :bang:

teddy
09-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Anytime you can get free expert analysis it makes your job easier. I find it to.be really profitable on multi race bets. Parx and laural are unhandicappable for me.