PDA

View Full Version : Alex Canchari

Track Phantom
09-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Young guy making the move from the Midwest to Southern California (first ride in the 4th at Santa Anita on Friday).

I seriously think this kid has a chance to be very good. Reminds me of Mike Smith going to So. Cal. after starting at Canterbury.

Keep an eye on this guy. He will need to get some horses that have a realistic chance (apparently he is coming to ride fro Robertino Diodoro per an interview he had with HRTV). Seems like a nice, humble kid, too.

johnhannibalsmith
09-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Young guy making the move from the Midwest to Southern California (first ride in the 4th at Santa Anita on Friday).

I seriously think this kid has a chance to be very good. Reminds me of Mike Smith going to So. Cal. after starting at Canterbury.

Keep an eye on this guy. He will need to get some horses that have a realistic chance (apparently he is coming to ride fro Robertino Diodoro per an interview he had with HRTV). Seems like a nice, humble kid, too.

I like his chances as well. Brother Patrick made a go of it in Phoenix last year and the kid got better and better as the meet went along. Seems like an agent's dream this year if he comes back for the year, should be ready to land himself in the top 5 early in the meet and wind up top 3 if he stays healthy and sound. Rooting for them both.

Stillriledup
09-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info, as Trevor would say "good luck to Alex Canchari"!

stormreveler
09-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Doesn't matter now that doubles are back to 20% takeout.

Hi jballscalls!

Stillriledup
09-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Doesn't matter now that doubles are back to 20% takeout.

Hi jballscalls!

Takeout doesn't matter.

Just ask the tracks.

chadk66
09-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Alex seems to struggle getting horses to relax on the front end in races, especially sprints. he's gonna have to learn how to do that pretty quick or he'll be begging for mounts there.

JohnGalt1
09-25-2014, 01:57 PM
I wish him luck. He's a good rider.

I hope he stays out of the penalty box. He served a few suspensions for aggressive riding at Canterbury. It may have cost him the 2013 riding title.

Track Phantom
09-25-2014, 05:07 PM
You're right but that is what gives me confidence that he'll be good. He's a bit fearless and aggressive. Not bad qualities to have in a rider.