PDA

View Full Version : I got the Money Honey. (6th PID Sep 22)

Stillriledup
09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
Well, some would have the money (honey) if the guy actually urged the horse to the line, he would have been 4th most likely.

Bettors deserve better.

TheEdge07
09-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Well, some would have the money (honey) if the guy actually urged the horse to the line, he would have been 4th most likely.

Bettors deserve better.

Absolute disgrace..

Stillriledup
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Absolute disgrace..

My post or the ride. :D

thespaah
09-22-2014, 09:35 PM
The only way I could render an opinion is if I saw the horse come back to be unsaddled.
Had the horse been 'blowing' ( heaving chest, flaring nostrils) profusely, I'd have to say nothing to see here.
Had the horse not appeared to exhausted, you'd have a good point.

Stillriledup
09-22-2014, 09:40 PM
The only way I could render an opinion is if I saw the horse come back to be unsaddled.
Had the horse been 'blowing' ( heaving chest, flaring nostrils) profusely, I'd have to say nothing to see here.
Had the horse not appeared to exhausted, you'd have a good point.

If every jock stopped riding every cheap horse at B, C and D tracks who was "tiring" or "Felt funny" in the last 70 yards, we would have a lot more ease ups. This means, you can't use that as an excuse, the horse was moving fine enough, its a cheap claimer at a cheap track, these horses are not going to feel as smooth as silk coming down to the wire, but as a jock, you're paid to ride.

thespaah
09-22-2014, 09:48 PM
If every jock stopped riding every cheap horse at B, C and D tracks who was "tiring" or "Felt funny" in the last 70 yards, we would have a lot more ease ups. This means, you can't use that as an excuse, the horse was moving fine enough, its a cheap claimer at a cheap track, these horses are not going to feel as smooth as silk coming down to the wire, but as a jock, you're paid to ride.
How do you know the horse had anything left for the rider to get him to finish 4th?
There's something you don't understand. Jocks are under a lot of pressure. Trainers have short tempers and long memories.
If a trainer decides to blame a jock for "ruining my horse", he or she has lost a client. The jock's agent would be greeted with "get the f**k out of my barn.
Even if the trainer is dead wrong and his horse was just lame, blaming the jockey is the common method of scapegoating.
I've seen it happen with my own eyes. Been told the same stories by a friend of mine who was a groom at Monmouth and Meadowlands.
I'm saying your suspicions are unfounded.
I refuse to render an opinion. see my previous post.

Stillriledup
09-22-2014, 09:52 PM
How do you know the horse had anything left for the rider to get him to finish 4th?
There's something you don't understand. Jocks are under a lot of pressure. Trainers have short tempers and long memories.
If a trainer decides to blame a jock for "ruining my horse", he or she has lost a client. The jock's agent would be greeted with "get the f**k out of my barn.
Even if the trainer is dead wrong and his horse was just lame, blaming the jockey is the common method of scapegoating.
I've seen it happen with my own eyes. Been told the same stories by a friend of mine who was a groom at Monmouth and Meadowlands.
I'm saying your suspicions are unfounded.
I refuse to render an opinion. see my previous post.

I dont care if he had anything left, i want to see an aggressive steer to the line. The horse was right alongside the 1 horse who was under urging, the 3 was not being urged at all and was keeping up to the 1 just fine. There's no proof at all the guy would have been 4th, but i would have liked to have found out.,

I'm not talking about suspicions, its there on video in black and white, the guy stopped riding the horse, its not my "suspicion" it actually happened.

thespaah
09-22-2014, 09:58 PM
I dont care if he had anything left, i want to see an aggressive steer to the line. The horse was right alongside the 1 horse who was under urging, the 3 was not being urged at all and was keeping up to the 1 just fine. There's no proof at all the guy would have been 4th, but i would have liked to have found out.,

I'm not talking about suspicions, its there on video in black and white, the guy stopped riding the horse, its not my "suspicion" it actually happened.
Again, you made this conclusion based on a video image.
If the horse is done, it's done. No matter how hard the rider tries, done is done.
We agree to disagree?

Stillriledup
09-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Again, you made this conclusion based on a video image.
If the horse is done, it's done. No matter how hard the rider tries, done is done.
We agree to disagree?

Whether he's "done" or not has nothing to do with what i'm talking about.

Its ok to be done, just ride the horse to the wire, am i asking for too much?

thespaah
09-22-2014, 10:25 PM

Yeah...A good and responsible jockey does not continue to urge a horse that is spent.
Again, we do not know the circumstances because neither of us was there.

andtheyreoff
09-22-2014, 11:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that you single-handedly lower the national IQ by about five points.

Stillriledup
09-23-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that you single-handedly lower the national IQ by about five points.

That's ok, i'm sure you have plenty of extra IQ points to spare.