PDA

View Full Version : Tapout

rokitman
05-02-2004, 12:12 AM
I wonder what kind of illness Baron Munchausen By Proxy will have for us this time. My guess is a case of Sudden Onset Cancer, caused by all the rain. But don't worry, the Baron will fix it. Maybe even by the Preakness. 2005's.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2004, 12:35 AM
I said it all last night during the PA / 30mtp Chat in the War Room...I didn't and still don't understand where all the support for that horse came from. It is mind blowing that such a slow horse went off at such low odds.

JustRalph
05-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I said it all last night during the PA / 30mtp Chat in the War Room...I didn't and still don't understand where all the support for that horse came from. It is mind blowing that such a slow horse went off at such low odds.

It is that old "not knowing how to handicap curse" where you think a closer will make up more ground and win if he just has a little more distance......... all the dumb money in the pool thinks that if there is more ground to cover, he can catch up easier......he wasn't on any of my tickets and neither was "the cliffs edge" not with that track and the cavalry unit they would have to get through. Imperialism was a little surprise but he had more room than anybody else, based on position. I actually made money (not alot) by playing Lion Heart across the board. I was impressed with Smarty, and he got a damn nice ride. That jock should get mucho respect for recognizing where he needed to be and following through in spite of all the high brow types around him. He proved himself and earned his team 5 million today. The Exacta was pretty easy.................

JPinMaryland
05-02-2004, 03:13 AM
IMperialism seems to really want to be there. Did you notice he was the only one gaining ground in the final furlough? I suppose that most horses had stopped trying at that pt. anyhow, but he was eating up alot of ground at the end.

rokitman
05-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Dickinson and Zito got out-closed by the schoolgirl. An elegant result. It put's the kabosh on any "impossible to close because of the track condition" excuses. That horse was flying.

Tom
05-02-2004, 10:18 AM
I thought there were only 4 horse that could win it. It was such a baaaaaaad filed this year it was easy to get down to the real contenders. HTR's contender selction marke had only 2 contenders-the winner and Cliff.
I loved Lion Heart off his numbers and improving pattern.
Tapit a "first-pass" throw out. His big race was just slow.
So I get place money, but betting three units place for every 1 unit win, the $8.20 return was worth it.
Very interseting Derby this year.