PDA

View Full Version : Derby Trainers are Morons???

Tuffmug
05-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Letter to DRF Editor

Curious to see which trainers shod their horses with caulks at Churchill today. According to the DRF charts there was not a single runner with caulks in the Derby. Also, there was no mention of caulks in any other race at Churchill today. So the question is: Is the DRF chart maker too lazy to put in shoe changes or are all the trainers at Churchill morons who don't know what mud caulks are?

Awaiting your reply.

Tuffmug

Tuffmug
05-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Update: Eqibase chart lists ONLY Birdstone and The Cliff's Edge as wearing caulks. I guess that means: 1/ DRF chart maker IS LAZY and 2/ most Derby trainers ARE MORONS! Boy! Never expected BOTH to be true!

kgonzales
05-02-2004, 02:20 AM
Tuffmug,
I can't remember specifically which horses, but at least half the field had some kind of altered shoes. The shoe info was listed at the bottom of the TV screen on Churchil Downs signal prior to the Derby. A lot of horses were fitted with bends and most of those wore plain shoes front, bends in the back, some wore all bends I think. Even so, I do think that those two horses you mentioned (Cliff's and Birdstone; Zito's horses) were the only ones listed as wearing mud caulks. Go figure.
Sorry I can't be more definite in my recollection.
kg

Valuist
05-02-2004, 11:35 AM
That's interesting re: Zito's horses because The Cliffs Edge lost 2 shoes during the race and Birdstone one.

Tom
05-02-2004, 12:15 PM
How sloppy was it?
So sloppy them nails was rustin' right through!