PDA

View Full Version : Will Take Charge Retired

Shelby
09-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Injured this morning during training. I'm gonna miss seeing him. :(

Justin Lewis ‏@JustinLewisLR 12m
Got a call with some bad news that Will Take Charge was injured in training this morning. He will be forced into early retirement.

the little guy
09-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Given that the assistant trainer said he is fine, and working tomorrow, you might not want to take Tweets from that person with a grain of salt going forward.

Shelby
09-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh good! I'm happy to be wrong. Thanks TLG.

Sorry, guys, this was re-tweeted by someone that usually gives good info. Delete this thread, please.

Shelby
09-20-2014, 02:37 PM
From DRF:

Marty McGee , Churchill Downs - General 4 mins ago
Will Take Charge
Just had a brief discussion in the CD paddock with Bas Nicholl, the longtime DWL asst., and he assured me Will Take Charge will work Sun. or Mon. in preparation for the G1 Jockey Club Gold Cup at Belmont next Sat., Sept. 27.

When told there was a social media rumor that WTC was injured and retired, Bas chuckled. I’m guessing the rumor started because WTC didn’t work this a.m., and the Saturday beforehand is the logical time for such a work.

I’ve never known Bas not to shoot straight.

cj
09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
We'll see...

garyscpa
09-20-2014, 04:05 PM
From DRF:

Marty McGee , Churchill Downs - General 4 mins ago
Will Take Charge
Just had a brief discussion in the CD paddock with Bas Nicholl, the longtime DWL asst., and he assured me Will Take Charge will work Sun. or Mon. in preparation for the G1 Jockey Club Gold Cup at Belmont next Sat., Sept. 27.

When told there was a social media rumor that WTC was injured and retired, Bas chuckled. I’m guessing the rumor started because WTC didn’t work this a.m., and the Saturday beforehand is the logical time for such a work.

I’ve never known Bas not to shoot straight.

People have opinions-horses have the facts. :D

letswastemoney
09-20-2014, 04:06 PM
He hasn't looked the same since the SA Handicap, even when winning at Oaklawn. Last year, he would have been a few lengths better than Revolutionary.

PhantomOnTour
09-20-2014, 04:06 PM
People have opinions-horses have the facts. :D
:lol: :lol:
buh - zing !

Shelby
09-20-2014, 04:40 PM
:D :ThmbUp: Good one!

(I'm still reading rumblings of retirement....hopefully they are just wrong rumblings....)

stormreveler
09-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Even if he isn't retired today, he has two more races in his career, max. And he isn't going to win either of them. May as well be retired.

taxicab
09-21-2014, 12:30 PM
He's retired.

Shelby
09-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Sheesh. After all that.....

I wish I had been wrong.

Ray Paulick ‏@raypaulick 6m
Champion Will Take Charge retired to @Three_Chimneys due to mild strain to a branch of his suspensory. Details: http://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloodstock/champion-will-take-charge-retired-to-three-chimneys/ …

letswastemoney
09-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Was Bas not telling the truth?

Mineshaft
09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Given that the assistant trainer said he is fine, and working tomorrow, you might not want to take Tweets from that person with a grain of salt going forward.

Tell the assistant trainer hes a liar

Shelby
09-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Justin Lewis ‏@JustinLewisLR 17m
Looks like I made people who cover horse racing for a living eat their words. I urge you to get better "sources," you owe to your followers.

Alwaysonpoint36
09-21-2014, 12:55 PM
Looks like I made people who cover horse racing for a living eat their words. I urge you to get better "sources," you owe to your followers.

:lol: :lol: real graceful.

Shelby
09-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Lol, well I felt I owed it to him to post it here since I'm sure he was harassed all day yesterday.

ronsmac
09-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Grain of salt noted.

cj
09-21-2014, 01:01 PM
We'll see...

Just saying...

TheEdge07
09-21-2014, 01:08 PM

My coach at University of Arizona would tell us

"you think you know...but we really dont know."

Except in this case he knew..

Mystic
09-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Not sure why they denied it yesterday.. Maybe they were waiting for a second opinion. What a shame.

Tom
09-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Integrity, running wild.

Stillriledup
09-21-2014, 03:03 PM

This is amazing news, i'm glad he's not retired and you're right, its good to have those grains of salt handy when you most need them. :ThmbUp:

Shelby
09-21-2014, 03:13 PM
This is amazing news, i'm glad he's not retired and you're right, its good to have those grains of salt handy when you most need them. :ThmbUp:

Are you being facetious? :confused:

cj
09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Are you being facetious? :confused:

No, he's being a dick.

affirmedny
09-21-2014, 06:22 PM
No, he's being a dick.

Like when he pretended he didn't know NYRA wasn't offering the inexacta?

PaceAdvantage
09-23-2014, 09:07 AM
This is amazing news, i'm glad he's not retired and you're right, its good to have those grains of salt handy when you most need them. :ThmbUp:I guess this makes the official score:

the little guy 97
Internet/SRU 1

Still kind of a blowout...but congrats for finally putting one up on the scoreboard.