PDA

View Full Version : EPA causing the price of beer to increase?

DJofSD
09-20-2014, 01:25 PM
http://thehill.com/regulation/energy-environment/218249-beer-fight-brewing-over-epa-rule

A battle is brewing in the beer industry over a new regulation from the Environmental Protection Agency that spells out the agency’s authority to regulate bodies of water.

Dozens of small craft brewers, such as Sierra Nevada and New Belgium, are rallying behind the EPA’s proposed Waters of the U.S. rule, arguing it will help ensure that they have clean water for their products.

But farmers who supply beer ingredients like barley, wheat and hops, say the rule has the potential to massively cut production on their lands, raising beer prices in the process.

I guess we can't be too safe or have too much government, can we.

Clocker
09-20-2014, 01:32 PM
I guess we can't be too safe or have too much government, can we.

Yes we can. It's enough to drive you to drink.

And as a home brewer, I worry the EPA might some day figure out that the beer fermentation process releases carbon dioxide into the air. I'd hate to see their "fix" for that. :eek:

DJofSD
09-20-2014, 01:36 PM

And as a home brewer, I worry the EPA might some day figure out that the beer fermentation process releases carbon dioxide into the air. I'd hate to see their "fix" for that. :eek:
:D

davew
09-20-2014, 01:56 PM

Maybe they will hold their breath in exchange for your bubbling brewing?

Clocker
09-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Maybe they will hold their breath in exchange for your bubbling brewing?

THIS (http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/20/celebrate-oktoberfest-with-hot-women-and-beer-slideshow/tumblrmn2qzyb4og1src7sio1500/) is all I need to get my brew bubbling. Let's see the EPA find something wrong with that mug.

Tom
09-20-2014, 03:35 PM
And as a home brewer, I worry the EPA might some day figure out that the beer fermentation process releases carbon dioxide into the air. I'd hate to see their "fix" for that.

Not to mention what they might do if they ever figure out what "releases" into the air occur after DRINKING the beer! :eek:

Clocker
09-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Not to mention what they might do if they ever figure out what "releases" into the air occur after DRINKING the beer! :eek:

The people at EPA have their heads so far up where the sun don't shine, that is a normal atmosphere for them.

Robert Goren
09-20-2014, 03:53 PM
You can't have good beer without good tasting water and good water is getting harder to find. . The farmer don't give a shit because he is upstream. Heaven help those who are down stream from the farmer. They are the ones who have to live with his runoff.