PDA

View Full Version : Which Market stayed up...

TheEdge07
09-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Thought he did enough to come down.

titans1127
09-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Thought he did enough to come down.It was blatant enough that I would have bet on them taking him down. It seemed like a sure thing. Boy was I wrong :lol:

My dad had the 4/9 boxed so I heard it after the race

Stillriledup
09-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Go back and watch this race and see if this horse deserved to come down, Tycoon Cat in the 8th race on May 5th 2013.

Read the thread and watch carefully. THIS came down. But this Market horse stayed up and there was another one the other day in the 5th leg of the pick 5 that stayed up after a long inquiry.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103111&highlight=tycoon

Stillriledup
09-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Here's the interesting thing about this leave up and inquiries in general. There are mostly 2 different sets of circumstances when horse A bothers horse B.

Circumstance #1 is a jock just straining to get his horse to the wire and the horse moves off his "Straight line" due to the idea that horse's aren't always going to maintain straight lines, the jock wasn't maneuvering on purpose, it was just "Accidental" for the most part.

Circumstance #2 is what happened in this race and that is different in that the jock "took a shot" because he knew he had to force horses out to get room. He made a decision to move out into another horse, this is different from a jock just straining to get to the wire and his horse accidentally shifts ground in the normal course of urging.

This situation in the 5th today was the jock angling out on purpose without clearance, he steered the horse into another horse, it wasn't accdiental, he knew he had to take a shot or else he wasn't getting out.

KirisClown
09-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Stewards are routinely terrible... You could consult a Ouija Board or throw Dice and get the same outcome..

Maybe I'm biased though... still sore from a 55-1 being disqualified at Saratoga..

Quesmark
09-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Both horses/riders were fighting for position,a good non-call,because the winner would've been placed 5th...

Stillriledup
09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Both horses/riders were fighting for position,a good non-call,because the winner would've been placed 5th...

For the most part, non calls are good calls, its better to leave the winner alone. I would love this stewarding if they would just put up the official sign and pay the winners.