PDA

View Full Version : Kindle for PC

Tom
09-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Couldn't get mine to open last night, so I downloaded the latest version.
I keep getting warnings from AVG that is might be a Trojan horse and I tell it protect me, so I can't get a copy to install.

Anyone else use the PC reader? Have this kind of problem?

Amazon has a new e book out about using race times to pick winners I want to get, but Kindle is my only way to get it, it appears.

Dave Schwartz
09-18-2014, 04:20 PM
I use Kindle PC. Never had such an issue, though quite a few other issues with the older versions.

I'd call support. They are quite good.

What is the book title?

GameTheory
09-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Couldn't get mine to open last night, so I downloaded the latest version.
I keep getting warnings from AVG that is might be a Trojan horse and I tell it protect me, so I can't get a copy to install.

Anyone else use the PC reader? Have this kind of problem?

Amazon has a new e book out about using race times to pick winners I want to get, but Kindle is my only way to get it, it appears.
I just downloaded "KindleForPC-installer.exe" and scanned it with a couple of anti-virus and spyware programs -- it is clean. I would highly doubt you'd get a Trojan from amazon...

Tom
09-18-2014, 10:46 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GJ5H1S/ref=s9_simh_bw_p351_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=0MVFKEE2XJ5M6TA6QEV2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1721361442&pf_rd_i=154606011

Tom
09-18-2014, 10:58 PM
I tried to download again tonight - this time I was taken to a totally different page and I had to enter my email, then I would be sent a link got my free download. When i click on the link, I go back to the exact same page I was just on.

Amazon is BS.
I don't appreciate being jerked around some internet morons.
They got a couple of emails from me tonight they will not like tomorrow.
I will never go to Amazon again.

They can shove that book and their kindle up their cache.

Dave Schwartz
09-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Read that book. Save your money.

Dave

thaskalos
09-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Read that book. Save your money.

Dave

You mean the author is lying? He is an ex-teacher, for heaven's sake...who is now a "professional horseplayer".

Tom
09-19-2014, 07:32 AM
Never underestimate the power of a "GFY" email.
I got a response first thing this morning. The gave me a link ( yet another site!) that worked - program downed, installed, no AVG warnings.

Only problem is, all my books are gone now. There are 5 or 6 in there that I never bought.....from now on, if it ain't ink and paper, it ain't a book.
This e-crap is for the birds.

Dave Schwartz
09-19-2014, 11:27 AM
The books will come back easily.

You have installed a new device. You just need to send your books to the new device.

Think of it this way... All those books you have downloaded/read that you wish were not on the device have been removed.

GameTheory
09-19-2014, 01:11 PM
I tried to download again tonight - this time I was taken to a totally different page and I had to enter my email, then I would be sent a link got my free download. When i click on the link, I go back to the exact same page I was just on.Yeah I got that link too. Apparently you didn't need to enter your email at all (if you are on a PC) and are supposed to hit the other link next to the email box...it is very unclear...

Tom
09-19-2014, 08:09 PM
The books will come back easily.

You have installed a new device. You just need to send your books to the new device.

Think of it this way... All those books you have downloaded/read that you wish were not on the device have been removed.

Send them from where?