PDA

View Full Version : Prepared to lose your bet? Put it on Tapit...

JPinMaryland
05-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Analysis. I think Smarty (coming from the outside in post 15) will try to rate just off the pace; with Lionhart in front. Smarty has enuf to take the lead on the back stretch. If he can run fractions like 47; 1:11+ the pace should be enuf for him to hold on. In the mud these fractions might need to be a little slower. If he runs faster than that Borrego can catch him, so can Cliff's Edge. Imperialism should be right within the leaders and on the rail, the rail might not be good in the slop, the water tends to drain inward. But who knows, w/ 18 horses anything is possible. Smarty Jones by one over Borrego/Imperialism.

WJ47
05-02-2004, 12:48 AM
Wow, that is a pretty accurate assessment of what actually happened in the race! I think that Imperialism did very well, as did Lionheart. Hope Smarty wins the Preakness as well!

sq764
05-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, especially considering it was written at 10:40 PM, about 4 hours after the race was over :-)

cj
05-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I see it as written at 11:20 pm local time, the race didn't go off until after midnight here. Am I missing something?

BillW
05-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Looks like about 4:20 PM CDST yesterday here.

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2004, 12:34 PM
5:20pm eastern here.

People, if the time looks odd on your end, make sure you have set the correct TIME ZONE in your PROFILE setting.

Click the PROFILE button above, then click the EDIT OPTIONS link. SCroll down until you see the TIME OFFSET box, and pick your time zone. Then all the time stamps on the posts will reflect the correct time according to your TIME ZONE.

==PA

JustMissed
05-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for heads up PA.

Damn fine call JP.

sq764, man you really put your foot in your mouth didn't you?

JustMissed

JPinMaryland
05-04-2004, 04:36 PM
THanks for your comments! This is like the only time in history I've got a race that right. Probably my Preakness call will be bad, bad, bad.

As for the timing of the post, it was a little before the race went off. My time thingie is all messed up. The site looks to be on Greenwich Meridian Time for all I know! Glad someone explained that, I couldnt.

So there's a way to put the correct time in here? ANy further help on that would be nice.

I was so into this race, I had studied film on all the prep races they showed on ESPN. I knew the PPs, I had read all the comments here and on the TBtime site. When Smarty came to the top of the stretch it was like an epiphany. The whole thing was so wired into my brain that the rest of the day was like a religious experience.

I dont know what that says about my religious experience, but it sure was fun to study this race.

JPinMaryland
05-04-2004, 04:38 PM
Umm okay, I see the admin, has given instructions on how to change the time thing. Great, thanks.