PDA

View Full Version : What's up at Sirius/XM?

Tom
09-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Byk is back 9-12, with replays 6-9am.
XM206 - From noon-6pm. Nothing. Just that annoying filler loop that plays on more channels than content does.

What a bunch of crap - these guts are so incompetent at XM it isn't funny.
They have no clue what they are doing.

6 hours of dead air is supposed to be an an improvement?:bang:
Where is HRTV, HRRN?

So on XM the cut out half the racing content and Sirius, they move it more expensive channels.

Maybe someday some with brains will start a satellite radio. We donj't have one today.

Did DRF buy Sirius/XM? :rolleyes:

Mailman
09-17-2014, 01:51 PM
Tom
Ive been wondering where it went also, I only listen in the car, when I bought the car they gave a trial period, I thought I don't need it, but im hooked. I do like the various music stations
Your right though, That loop is annoying!

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2014, 04:14 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/87436/hrrn-programming-on-new-siriusxm-channels?source=rss

Tom
09-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I saw that on your homepage.
XM gutted racing coverage.
When Byk goes off at noon, the endless loop comes on. Then after 3pm today, some mindless sports talk show was on. Not sure if HRRN came on at 6.

I used to get HTR and HRRN in the afternoons. Now, nothing.
Time to pull the XM plug once again.I only came back because they gave me 3 months free. It appears the cost of that was too high.

When someone competent offers a satellite package, I'll get, but XM is amateur hour. IT is not rocket science unless you are pea brain.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2014, 12:00 AM
The one reason I won't ever sign up for XM again is because of their horrific cancellation process. You have to call them up...and of course, you have to beat back a barrage of "ever better" offers from a salesperson before you can finally get to having them cancel your subscription.

No matter how many times I tell them I'm just not interested in continuing the subscription at this time, they find "a better offer" for me...lol...that turned me off...honestly, if they didn't have such a policy in place, I would be very likely to subscribe again, at least for a couple of months...I wonder how many others there are like me out there, who yearn for a much simpler cancellation process (like online, or via email...but then again, hardly anybody is online these days... :bang: :bang: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

The only reason they make you call up to cancel is so that they have one last chance to hustle you into keeping the service...no thanks...

Tom
09-18-2014, 07:31 AM
People escape from PRISONS easier than they get out of Sirius/XM! :D

forced89
09-18-2014, 09:04 AM
I just saw somewhere that Sirius' horseracing programming will be on Sirius 220 and 92. Depends on the day of the week or time of the day. I didn't study the press release in detail. I think I saw the press release on the Bloodhorse website.

Tom
09-18-2014, 10:45 AM
I think the on-line channel changed to maybe 94?
Steve talked about it yesterday.

XM is on 206....part-time.

ubercapper
09-19-2014, 12:05 PM
HRRN will be on 6-7pm ET on Sirius 220/XM 206

Byk should be on 9 - noon on same channels (replay 6 am - 9 am)

HRRN Equine Forum Saturday 8-10 am and all live racing broadcasts (for example Charles Town Oaks and two other stakes races Saturday night) will be on Sirius 92/XM 92

I think I heard Dave Johnson/Bill Finley on Sirius 92 last weekend so it appears they will follow Equine Forum on Saturdays.

Hope that helps.

Tom
09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I used to listen to you, uber, on my drive home.
All I have left now is Cavuto. :(

dilanesp
09-19-2014, 10:59 PM
This is a problem SiriusXM has that goes far beyond horse racing. They have a hard time sticking with programming. That makes it really hard to get people to subscribe, because you start liking something they have on and they take it away.

Tom
09-19-2014, 11:42 PM
And their website is next to worthless for any information.

The people who run it are incompetent, end of story.
They are too cheap or too stupid to hire someone who knows what he is doing.

ubercapper
09-22-2014, 09:39 AM
I used to listen to you, uber, on my drive home.
All I have left now is Cavuto. :(

You were the one! :)

It's really unfortunate because they (Sirius XM) had (maybe still have) the opportunity to have ONE consistent dedicated channel for racing. If fans knew that Sirius/XM 92 was a racing channel and that programming wasn't pre-empted by other sports the audience would grow. I know radio isn't a huge market but its still a market and racing fans might tune.

On the occasions when I've participated in the call-in show I recall hearing from people who drive big rigs over the road who listen and people like you who listen on their drive home.

Between the HRTV simulcast, Byk, HRRN shows and Dave Johnson/Bill Finley there could be solid racing coverage in one form or another from 6 am to 9 pm. I'm still hoping it may happen at some point if Sirius can decide to dedicate the new channel (92) but since they are splitting the programming between 92 and Sirius 220 XM 206 its not looking that good.