PDA

View Full Version : Josiah Hampshire Jr, Parx Jock

Stillriledup
09-16-2014, 03:09 PM
What kind of beat would you have taken if you needed this guy to finish 1st or 2nd in Race 6 at Parx?

He gets carried out 9 paths in the lane by the stupid lame favorite, straightens out, is coming on again and then inexplicably the horse veers inward 3 lanes and "bothers" the stopping favorite...the jock spent time looking over his left shoulder for some reason which might have cost him 2nd as he was onrushing and in a close photo.

If the 8 (favorite) just stops and doesn't veer 9 paths outward, the 9 might have won the race, or at the very worst is 2nd. OR, if the jock on the 9 doesn't veer in 3 lanes...OR, if the 9 doesn't stumble when he does this OR if the jock just worries about riding to the wire and not taking his horse up to 'look around'.

Its hard to imagine a worse beat if you needed this horse to finish 1st or 2nd.

A lot had to happen for him not to finish 1st or 2nd, and it all happened.

NJ Stinks
09-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Watching the replay, it looked like the #8 drifted out slighted the second time to avoid a horse on his inside - just as the #9 was veering in.

I'd be sick if I bet the #9.

Stillriledup
09-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Watching the replay, it looked like the #8 drifted out slighted the second time to avoid a horse on his inside - just as the #9 was veering in.

I'd be sick if I bet the #9.

Its a crushing beat, all 4 things needed to happen for that horse to not hit the exacta, the odds on all 4 happening in a 10 second span is in the millions to one. Maybe one of the worst beats anyone has ever had from a 'what needed to happen' standpoint.