PDA

View Full Version : Dumb outsider question

fast4522
09-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Stupid Saratoga question:

When the barns are empty and the last race has run at Saratoga is there simulcasting inside Saratoga or is simulcasting handled by other OTB facility's?

RaceBookJoe
09-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Stupid Saratoga question:

When the barns are empty and the last race has run at Saratoga is there simulcasting inside Saratoga or is simulcasting handled by other OTB facility's?

I may be wrong, but I think its just closed up. Closest simulcast might be the harness track across the street, but honestly not sure. I never remember anyone ever saying they were going to the track for simulcast?

burnsy
09-15-2014, 11:38 AM
The barns are not empty until mid November. Training continues until it gets too cold. Then the facility shuts down for the winter. Simulcasts is always upstairs at the Racino/Harness track. Year around.

lamboguy
09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
they simulcast at Saratoga Raceway

Ocala Mike
09-15-2014, 12:46 PM
There are no "OTB's" in Saratoga County, only authorized simulcast facilities like Saratoga Harness and the flat track, when running. The nearest OTB's, as I recall, are in Lake George and Queensbury (Capital OTB District). When the OTB law was written, it excluded Saratoga County for obvious reasons.

burnsy
09-15-2014, 02:30 PM
they simulcast at Saratoga Raceway

Yes. If you have a Saratoga bets account, you can make your deposits and withdrawals there too.