PDA

View Full Version : Daily Racing Form Customer No Service

bello
09-14-2014, 12:24 PM
You would think they are a monopoly or something.

I put in my order for the monthly plan and coupon code I use every month. Coupon Code did not work and discount was not applied so I call up. I get this obviously stoned person on the other end who answers the phone with a whazzup while laughing and carrying on with someone else likely sitting next to them. He kept asking me to repeat the same answers regarding my account and what the problem was over and over again. I finally asked for a supervisor and one never came to the phone.. I just called back and at least got somebody sober on the line who told me the wait time for handling issues like this was 48 hours.

BTW, no response to my emails to customer service.

I'm thinking it is time to move on. I tried Brisnet and was not satisfied.

Give me some alternatives please.

ReplayRandall
09-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Without hesitation, Timeformus.......

bello
09-14-2014, 12:46 PM
I just downloaded the free Timeform Belmont PP for today and I am plodding through how to use it.

I travel a lot and I am used to reading through the printed PPs while on the plane....I am trying to figure out if there is a PDF version of the Timeform ppsfor each race that I can print that will also be usable without being on line.

TheEdge07
09-14-2014, 12:55 PM
I just downloaded the free Timeform Belmont PP for today and I am plodding through how to use it.

I travel a lot and I am used to reading through the printed PPs while on the plane....I am trying to figure out if there is a PDF version of the Timeform ppsfor each race that I can print that will also be usable without being on line.

Upper right hand corner download pd file..

bello
09-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks....going to the sports bar to watch some football. I may need a few drinks to figure out something new.

bello
09-16-2014, 04:37 PM
I want to acknowledge a far different and excellent response from a couple of folks at DRF over the last couple of days. They show the exact opposite of my original post and a willingness to give superb customer service.

Thanks for getting back to me guys and I appreciate your responses.

GaryG
09-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I want to acknowledge a far different and excellent response from a couple of folks at DRF over the last couple of days. They show the exact opposite of my original post and a willingness to give superb customer service.

Thanks for getting back to me guys and I appreciate your responses.I have had good luck dealing with Lonnie Goldfeder. Every question answered completely and promptly.

thaskalos
09-16-2014, 04:44 PM

Thanks for getting back to me guys and I appreciate your responses.

If only these wonderful people would also concern themselves with the timely distribution of their printed product. On some days, the DRF isn't available the night before; you can only get it on the day of. They've raised the price while cheapening the product...and now the distribution of it is hit or miss. A fine example of what NOT to do...if you want to run a successful business.

DeltaLover
09-16-2014, 04:51 PM
You would think they are a monopoly or something.

I put in my order for the monthly plan and coupon code I use every month. Coupon Code did not work and discount was not applied so I call up. I get this obviously stoned person on the other end who answers the phone with a whazzup while laughing and carrying on with someone else likely sitting next to them. He kept asking me to repeat the same answers regarding my account and what the problem was over and over again. I finally asked for a supervisor and one never came to the phone.. I just called back and at least got somebody sober on the line who told me the wait time for handling issues like this was 48 hours.

BTW, no response to my emails to customer service.

I'm thinking it is time to move on. I tried Brisnet and was not satisfied.

Give me some alternatives please.

May I ask why you were not satisfied with Bris Net? If you are planning to build your own data bases I think BN is probably your best bet, in the opposite situation, I think that TIMEFORMUS is an easy winner.

Exotic1
09-16-2014, 04:52 PM
I have had good luck dealing with Lonnie Goldfeder. Every question answered completely and promptly.

I recently had a customer service issue that was resolved after L. Goldfeder became involved. Responsive and professional.

bello
09-16-2014, 05:17 PM
I posted a pretty negative comment about DRF. Lon G et al got back to me with with legitimate concern over my post and I wanted to make sure that was recognized and did I did not accusation of poor service from DRF to stand when when they indeed got back to me in a professional manner.

There is competition out there for DRF and some of you pmed me with alternatives which I downloaded.

Competition is a good thing, and DRF, Bris and timeformus will sort out where they stand ind who comes out on top based on their product, service, price, user friendliness, distribution, etc.

I am not going to comment on any of those potential attributes because
a. I am not qualified to right now, I just became more acquainted withother options and after a couple of days I have no opinion
b. even if I had an opinion, my post took at shot specifically at DRF customer service. And IMO their response to me was redeeming.

The other comparisons between products can be discussed in another thread and I will be glad to join in when I become familiar with all products.

ronsmac
09-16-2014, 06:09 PM
I recently had a customer service issue that was resolved after L. Goldfeder became involved. Responsive and professional.I downloaded the wrong track a few times and Lonnie always came through and gave me a credit. He's top notch.

Mineshaft
09-16-2014, 10:00 PM
I posted a pretty negative comment about DRF. Lon G et al got back to me with with legitimate concern over my post and I wanted to make sure that was recognized and did I did not accusation of poor service from DRF to stand when when they indeed got back to me in a professional manner.

There is competition out there for DRF and some of you pmed me with alternatives which I downloaded.

Competition is a good thing, and DRF, Bris and timeformus will sort out where they stand ind who comes out on top based on their product, service, price, user friendliness, distribution, etc.

I am not going to comment on any of those potential attributes because
a. I am not qualified to right now, I just became more acquainted withother options and after a couple of days I have no opinion
b. even if I had an opinion, my post took at shot specifically at DRF customer service. And IMO their response to me was redeeming.

The other comparisons between products can be discussed in another thread and I will be glad to join in when I become familiar with all products.

Lonnie is a damn good guy at drf.com Dealt with him several times.

Tom
09-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Lonnie is the definition of what customer service is all about. :ThmbUp:

Canarsie
09-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Lonnie is the definition of what customer service is all about. :ThmbUp:

As far as I'm concerned Lonnie is DRF. Without him they would have lost so many customers and revenue it could have put them in chapter eleven. If a management guy from DRF is reading this give that man a RAISE

Not once have I ever seen a negative post about Lonnie. People go out of their way (including me) to praise him for resolving their complaints. In this day and age to find a person like that is equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack.

castaway01
09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
I'll echo the sentiments on Lonnie. I had an issue that was mostly my fault and he quickly straightened it out for me, no problems. He does a great job and whatever he's getting paid, it's not enough.

Tall One
09-17-2014, 10:42 AM
I absolultely hate the smaller DRF edition they've rolled out, but I still buy my PPs on-line for the card I'm playing..which sometimes works and sometimes it don't. I work for a imaging company, so I print them out 8.5x11, then scan and reprint them at 12x18, bind and staple, and I feel back at home again. I did have access to the Equibase PP's they use for the simulcast program out at Keenaland, but they've switched the username/password on me!

I'm really interested in Timeform PP's but I've never used them and I'm way behind on learning about them..I hate change, if you hadnt noticed..:D But, I sorta trust cj, so I'm going to dive into learning their product. :cool:

But, in the meantime, if I run into issue with my purchase/downloads from DRF, this Lonnie guy at DRF, do you ask for him or is it luck of the draw?

Racey
09-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Daily Racing PROGRAM is issued at tracks in the east ...seems the locals at Parx are bitching that they are not printing Purses of prior races and no equibase speed figure. Another example of DRF cutting corners

ultracapper
09-18-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm not seeing PPs for Friday 9/19/14 Los Al card on the DRF product menu. Anybody else not able to get them?

cj
09-18-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm not seeing PPs for Friday 9/19/14 Los Al card on the DRF product menu. Anybody else not able to get them?

Don't think they are running at night, day shows up as LRC or something like that.

ultracapper
09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
It usually says Los Alamitos TB. Not there. Looked at every one, from A-Z, No PPs. Damn. Going to have to make a call.

OTM Al
09-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Los Alamitos Race Course is the TBs and it is there at least under classic PPs and race program

ultracapper
09-18-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm looking at my menu right now. Los Al isn't on there. I buy SoCal forms everyday they race. My menu doesn't have Los Al. I have Laurel, Lone Star and Louisiana Downs. What the hell is going on with mine. I'm looking at 9/19/14. It's not there. When I look under "Tomorrow's Tracks", it's not listed.

Seriously, I don't have it. I just got back from a working appointment, so I will call them and see what's going on.

ultracapper
09-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Is Lone Star running? Maybe it's miss labeled. Are you looking under the "PP Store"?

Tom
09-18-2014, 11:25 PM
There, there.
They're there. :D

ultracapper
09-19-2014, 01:57 AM
Hahahaha. I still can't get tomorrow's form. I have no frikkin' idea why it's not in my menu. I sent them an e-mail. No response. It's late. I'll deal with it tomorrow, but as of now, I can't get the damn thing. It's like I'm targeted or something. I buy the damn thing every day. I know how to get it and it's not there on my menu.

ultracapper
09-19-2014, 02:17 AM
It's not on DRFBets.com. That's where I buy them. That way they take the money right off your balance and you don't have to give them any bank information. It's not on the DRFBets.com menu. It is on DRF.com's menu.

Anyhow, I'm sure we're all bored with this. I'll call them in the morning if it's not there at that time.

OTM Al
09-19-2014, 06:45 AM
It's not on DRFBets.com. That's where I buy them. That way they take the money right off your balance and you don't have to give them any bank information. It's not on the DRFBets.com menu. It is on DRF.com's menu.

Anyhow, I'm sure we're all bored with this. I'll call them in the morning if it's not there at that time.

There's the point of confusion then. It is not on DRFBets. It is separate from the regular site as you know.

ultracapper
09-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Update....

DRFBets got back to me first thing this morning, thanked me for alerting them to the oversight on their part, and added Los Al TB to the DRFBets menu shortly after.

All good.

Tom
09-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Award winning Quality Control.
How do you "forget" a track?

ultracapper
09-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Haha. Southern Cal no less. I was going to just let that part go, but since you brought it up..................