PDA

View Full Version : A perfect five for five saturday

zico20
09-14-2014, 11:13 AM
I bet a total of 5 races between Mohawk and Yonkers on their big night. I played either the exacta, trifecta, or superfecta or a combo of the three on all five races that I really liked. I went a perfect 5 for 5 on the night. The perfection is that all five races I bet the horse or two I keyed to be there all broke. Incredible!

The sad thing is that I most likely would have hit all five races for a nice payout if the horses hadn't broke. This now makes 11 of 13 races my key horse has broke in the last couple weeks. Time to go back to the thoroughbreds. It doesn't matter how great of a handicapper anyone is, if they break, your done. And I can't get a horse to finish the race. Has anyone else gone through such a bad streak with horses breaking?

Two examples from last night. If Trixton runs 1st or 2nd I have the super 20 times. At Yonkers in the 9th the :2: breaks in the stretch. Without the break he easily runs 2nd and I would have had the tri 40 times.

Time to take a long break from harness racing.

cmp92
09-14-2014, 11:40 AM
I bet a total of 5 races between Mohawk and Yonkers on their big night. I played either the exacta, trifecta, or superfecta or a combo of the three on all five races that I really liked. I went a perfect 5 for 5 on the night. The perfection is that all five races I bet the horse or two I keyed to be there all broke. Incredible!

The sad thing is that I most likely would have hit all five races for a nice payout if the horses hadn't broke. This now makes 11 of 13 races my key horse has broke in the last couple weeks. Time to go back to the thoroughbreds. It doesn't matter how great of a handicapper anyone is, if they break, your done. And I can't get a horse to finish the race. Has anyone else gone through such a bad streak with horses breaking?

Two examples from last night. If Trixton runs 1st or 2nd I have the super 20 times. At Yonkers in the 9th the :2: breaks in the stretch. Without the break he easily runs 2nd and I would have had the tri 40 times.

Time to take a long break from harness racing.
That's some tough luck. I think every harness player gets hit with a streak of breaking horses or horses that quit just before the wire. They had some huge prices finishing second, third, and fourth at Mohawk. Especially the third.

zico20
09-14-2014, 01:23 PM
That's some tough luck. I think every harness player gets hit with a streak of breaking horses or horses that quit just before the wire. They had some huge prices finishing second, third, and fourth at Mohawk. Especially the third.

That 3rd race killed me. I had a 80 exacta :5: :1: and 20 tris :5: with :1: with :2: :3: :9: Didn't like the :9: that much but he always runs decent so I dropped the exacta down 20 bucks and threw the :9: in there hoping for a big score since he was 60-1. That break cost me making around 800 bucks profit.

cmp92
09-14-2014, 04:11 PM
That 3rd race killed me. I had a 80 exacta :5: :1: and 20 tris :5: with :1: with :2: :3: :9: Didn't like the :9: that much but he always runs decent so I dropped the exacta down 20 bucks and threw the :9: in there hoping for a big score since he was 60-1. That break cost me making around 800 bucks profit.
Those two year old trotters can be so unpredictable that I'm very hesitant to play those races.