PDA

View Full Version : HPWS 2015

jross0108
09-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't post much on here but I read a lot of the posts. Had some good luck and got lucky enough to win a seat to the HPWS in march tonight and I was curious if anybody has ever played in it or any other live tournaments and what I should expect going out there. Only participated in online tourneys and I'm anxious to see what live tourneys are like. 25 years old so this whole live tournament scene is new to me. Any advice would be great!

Si2see
09-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Picksix and I will be there.

Last December I decided I needed to get in to something new. When doing my taxes I came to the realization that i had 13 signers in 2013 and still had a losing year.

This is why I decided to start playing contests more than actual wagering. I needed a break from wagering and needed something to bring the excitement back to me with horse racing ( especially with my home meet colonial downs not running this year )

In January I played my first online tourneys and in February I was one of the last to qualify for the HPWS through horse tourneys. It was my first live tournament We ended up playing 3 entries total, and after a long 3 days our best entry finished 106th out of 748 I believe was the total number of entries. We had made a costly mistake or two each day, and this is what we are concentrating on doing better in the future.

For the 2015 HPWS I want to qualify early and often. I ended up qualifying in the first entry only contest of the year on Horse tourneys a few weeks ago.

It's a long time from now but if you would like to sit at a table with us just keep in touch. I am going to arrive on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Coming from the east coast it will give me an extra day to get acclimated and also I want to register early and get a good table.

Jason