PDA

View Full Version : Was this a key or good or productive race?

Thebigguy
09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
I know its early, but so far IMO its been a pretty shitty race. Someone else said its a strong MSW event. Thoughts??

August, 2nd. Race 5. I want peoples opinions. Would anyone call this a good, or strong baby race? Thanks guys.

Pride of Stride won the race with a 75 beyer. He came back at 2.80-1 in a minor stakes @Monmouth. He did not run a step his beyer regressed to a 72.
Royal Son ran what looked to be a really good 2nd. He came back at the same level @Saratoga. He was 8-5 and finished 2nd beaten almost 11 lengths. His beyer was a 72 and regressed to a 69 2nd time out.
Evolution finished 3rd. He came back at the same level @Saratoga and ran a non threatening 5th, beaten almost 6 lengths. His beyer was a 69 1st time out and he regressed to a 65 2nd time out.
Waging War finished 4th, at that time it looked like a good 4th. A visually impressive 4th. He came back @Saratoga at the same level. He did not run well finishing 5th beaten 13 lengths. His beyer was a 68 1st out and regressed to a 56 2nd time out. There was an incident in his 2nd race, but watch the replay, he was not doing much running.
Rimbaud finished 7th. He did not run well. He earned a 55 beyer. He ran back just today and I think its safe to say he regressed also. Today he was 5th of 6, beaten almost 18 lengths.
Mariano Intheninth finshed 8th for Pletcher. He ran a 55 beyer first out. He was dropped in for a 75k tag 2nd time out. He was 5.50-1, he was last. His beyer regressed to a 45.

taxicab
09-13-2014, 12:17 AM
The results do not flatter the race.

PhantomOnTour
09-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Based on your evidence I would have to agree and say it's been an unproductive race.

Some_One
09-13-2014, 01:09 AM
1 length (2-3 points) is not regressing, it's noise/variance.

Stillriledup
09-13-2014, 01:40 AM
The someone who said its a "Strong race" maybe made a different comment than a productive race. You can say "strong race' before any of the runners race again, but a productive race sort of means that someone (at least 1) has come out of there to race well again.

I wasn't impressed with the 3rd place finisher, he looked choppy and claimerlike down to the line, that's not a horse i would be looking to follow back, so whoever lost to that horse can't be much better.

The 9 horse seemed like he has "more run" than shown in the back, maybe he was a little green or tentative, but that's a horse i would look at next time, in a weaker field.

Robert Goren
09-13-2014, 06:40 AM
It most certainly is not a key race, by any definition I have ever seen.

Thebigguy
09-13-2014, 12:07 PM
The someone who said its a "Strong race" maybe made a different comment than a productive race. You can say "strong race' before any of the runners race again, but a productive race sort of means that someone (at least 1) has come out of there to race well again.

I wasn't impressed with the 3rd place finisher, he looked choppy and claimerlike down to the line, that's not a horse i would be looking to follow back, so whoever lost to that horse can't be much better.

The 9 horse seemed like he has "more run" than shown in the back, maybe he was a little green or tentative, but that's a horse i would look at next time, in a weaker field.

Ill paste the actual comment to you. I only ask because my buddy loves a horse in the race today and we argued over this Saratoga race. I think it was one of the worst baby races of the meet. My buddy agrees with the public handicapper that it was strong...
Here is the comment

#9 ON TENTERHOOKS debuted in a strong MSW event upstate