PDA

View Full Version : NFL--MLB,NBA...

TheEdge07
09-12-2014, 11:30 AM
NFl has a domestic violence policy...

Mlb,Nba has NO domestic violence policy how can this be?

OTM Al
09-12-2014, 01:21 PM

My question is, why should they have one? Our laws take care of that, or are supposed to. There are personal conduct clauses that this should fall under anyway once the emplyee is convicted, just like any other emplyee out there. It is not for sports leagues to make judgements about crimes. They are no part of our legal systems.

TheEdge07
09-12-2014, 02:30 PM
My question is, why should they have one? Our laws take care of that, or are supposed to. There are personal conduct clauses that this should fall under anyway once the emplyee is convicted, just like any other emplyee out there. It is not for sports leagues to make judgements about crimes. They are no part of our legal systems.

Agree..

cj's dad
09-12-2014, 05:48 PM

Because there are way more thugs in the NFL than the other two.

Ask NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

How would you like to have to keep those guys in line ??

Valuist
09-12-2014, 10:01 PM

Theoretically, you are right. The problem is if you, or I, or somebody on here was found to have assaulted their wife/fiance/girlfriend, our company wouldn't have heads of NOW on television denouncing our company and calling for a boycott.

How about this one; a guy makes an off the cuff racist remark, not realizing he's recorded, and the next thing he realizes, he not only faces a suspension and fine, but he's forced to sell his company (team). Perception is reality when advertisers are involved.

The media isn't gonna let this go until Goddell resigns. Not saying I agree or not, but that will happen.