PDA

View Full Version : Does this breeding say "router"?

ultracapper
09-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Kela-Love Appraisal(Ire) by Singspiel(Ire)

Seems to indicate sprint to me, but wondering if the breeding students here see it different.

Hoofless_Wonder
09-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Minnesota sprinter bred to an Irish router. This horse probably gets the stamina of their daddy, with the speed of their momma or grandpappy.

Lean towards router, but wouldn't bet on it....

At the end of the day, like almost any thoroughbred, could be anything.

Shemp Howard
09-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Kela's been known to throw a router of qualty every now and then.

Beast of Bourbon comes to mind.

Throws turfers as well.

DeltaLover
09-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Kela-Love Appraisal(Ire) by Singspiel(Ire)

Seems to indicate sprint to me, but wondering if the breeding students here see it different.

I do not know about the dam... The dam sire was an accomplished long distance turf horse... Given that the sire is an average sprint type, is difficult to say about the qualities of the nick, which most likely will be proven to be a very mediocre runner....

ultracapper
09-15-2014, 03:59 PM
The nick ran last week at Los Al in a bottom level MC at 6f. Ran a hanging 2nd at 2/1. Didn't bet it because I thought it's previous races looked like he'd appreciate more ground, but I thought the way he had been training and racing the connections were looking at this race as the "money run". The way he was bet indicates I was right about that, but, again, he looked like more ground would be appreciated. He looks like a grinding router to me, and looks like if they get him in the right field and keep him sharp, he could visit the winner's circle. He is destined to be a low level claimer though. The comments about his overall quality are probably spot on.