PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Virus.....Barry where are those kids?

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 09:19 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/09/08/uncommon-but-severe-virus-hospitalizes-hundreds-of-kids-in-midwest-and-south/

Funny thing huh? Unknown virus spreading through the Midwest just weeks after Obama shipped thousands of kids and adult illegals into the heart of the country...........

We are fools of the highest order.........

More info on the virus

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/08/midwest-enterovirus-hospitalizations/15277115/

GameTheory
09-08-2014, 09:22 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/09/08/uncommon-but-severe-virus-hospitalizes-hundreds-of-kids-in-midwest-and-south/

Funny thing huh? Unknown virus spreading through the Midwest just weeks after Obama shipped thousands of kids and adult illegals into the heart of the country...........

We are fools of the highest order.........If that connection was actually proven, half the country's attitude about immigration would change real quick, although messing up their schools districts will probably do a pretty good job too...

Tom
09-08-2014, 10:31 PM
The legacy layers by the month.

FantasticDan
09-08-2014, 11:08 PM
If that connection was actually proven, half the country's attitude about immigration would change real quick, although messing up their schools districts will probably do a pretty good job too...There is no connection other than right-wing fear mongering, which of course Ralph is only too happy to spread. The states where there has been an outbreak of this virus were among those with the fewest of refugee minors. The CDC has stated there is absolutely no connection between this outbreak and refugee minors.

Still, Rush Limbaugh thinks otherwise. That's good enough for me! :bang: :D

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 11:11 PM
There is no connection other than right-wing fear mongering, which of course Ralph is only too happy to spread. The states where there has been an outbreak of this virus were among those with the fewest of refugee minors. The CDC has stated there is absolutely no connection between this outbreak and refugee minors.

Still, Rush Limbaugh thinks otherwise. That's good enough for me! :bang: :D

Yeah, it's just a coincidence

FantasticDan
09-08-2014, 11:30 PM
In addition to this virus popping up occasionally in the US over the last few years, there have also been sizeable outbreaks in Japan, Netherlands, and the Phillipines during the same period.

Obama shipping those dirty kids overseas! :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
09-08-2014, 11:33 PM
No proof yet to link this with any source.
Could have been spread in any number of ways.
Sufficiently scary to whip up fear on the right wing media, though.

Of course, your post was factual in one respect:

We are fools of the highest order

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 11:43 PM
No proof yet to link this with any source.
Could have been spread in any number of ways.
Sufficiently scary to whip up fear on the right wing media, though.

Of course, your post was factual in one respect:

You're hysterical.......and your hero is still a loser

NJ Stinks
09-08-2014, 11:46 PM
You're hysterical.......and your hero is still a loser

What's hysterical is blaming illegals without a shred of proof.

cj's dad
09-08-2014, 11:58 PM
What's hysterical is blaming illegals without a shred of proof.

Would that be the key word here, Why, please explain are we as a nation supporting illegals.

You will admit that there are illegal aliens in the USA !

Please someone, give me a logical explanation. Please !

NJ Stinks
09-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Would that be the key word here, Why, please explain are we as a nation supporting illegals.

I have no doubt that there are illegals in the USA. Somebody else will have to provide a logical explanation for supporting illegals.

davew
09-09-2014, 01:47 AM

because we are a compassionate caring society and will gladly give away other peoples money to ease their suffering because they were born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tom
09-09-2014, 07:36 AM
The CDC has stated there is absolutely no connection between this outbreak and refugee minors.

And you believe what a government agency tells you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There may or may not be a connection, but to blindly take what the government ells you......preposterous!

I am not a crook.
I did not have sex with that women, Miss Lewinski.
If you like your doctor, you an keep your doctor.

FantasticDan
09-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Awesome analogy. :ThmbUp: :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna get my CDC recommended flu shot this year cuz GHWB said, "Read my lips, no new taxes." :ThmbUp:

horses4courses
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Sick youngsters in the hospital.
I'll bet Fox News is showing this a lot.

Perfect scenario to tug at the heartstrings of the backbone of our society.
Those with family values........mmmhmmm.

Wake up, America.

Robert Goren
09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
And you believe what a government agency tells you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There may or may not be a connection, but to blindly take what the government ells you......preposterous!

I am not a crook.
I did not have sex with that women, Miss Lewinski.
If you like your doctor, you an keep your doctor.I kept my doctor, all 6 of them.

classhandicapper
09-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Even if there is no linkage in this case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there eventually will be a linkage to some disease that's either making people very sick or killing them if we keep importing illegals from poverty stricken areas in 3rd world countries where this isn't adequate healthcare.

When immigration was sensible in this country (before the liberals destroyed it with delusional idealism and a lust for voters), you went to Ellis Island (like my grandparents). You were checked out physically. If you had any signs of illness of any kind you were sent back on the next boat out. They could send you back for pink eye or a bad cough let alone anything serious.

That doesn't even count the rational notion that you needed a sponsor in the US already that would take care of you economically until you got on your feet or they could send you back. And that was at a time there was no generous social safety net attracting the least capable to our shores.

We are attracting people here because we keep giving them amnesty, don't deport enough of them, and then help take care of them. Hell, I'd be coming here too. I don't blame them.

Those are all wonderful idealistic notions, but they run smack into the face of the economic reality of limited resources, spiraling debt and deficits, crime, disease, and a bunch of other downsides we don't want and don't need at this point in our history.

Tom
09-09-2014, 10:56 AM

I'm not gonna get my CDC recommended flu shot this year cuz GHWB said, "Read my lips, no new taxes." :ThmbUp:

Wake up, Dan - do you REALLY think if it were Obama's fault, the CDC wold say so?

They would just lose e mails.

Robert Goren
09-09-2014, 11:07 AM
ISIS must have come across Saddam's biological weapons that Bush missed.

FantasticDan
09-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Even if there is no linkage in this case, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there eventually will be a linkage to some disease that's either making people very sick or killing them if we keep importing illegals from poverty stricken areas in 3rd world countries where this isn't adequate healthcare.Doctor after doctor has reported that they are not seeing any infectious process with these refugees. In fact, their vaccination records are often equal to or greater than American children. Doctors have reported that the vast majority of the illegals' medical issues are in relation to their long and difficult trip to get here.

johnhannibalsmith
09-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Whatever the reason, I'm proud of you for refusing the shot. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
09-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Doctor after doctor has reported that they are not seeing any infectious process with these refugees. In fact, their vaccination records are often equal to or greater than American children. Doctors have reported that the vast majority of the illegals' medical issues are in relation to their long and difficult trip to get here.

Until it stops being true and then it's too late.

This is really simple.

The average person in an advanced western country will get better healthcare than the average very poor person coming from a poverty stricken area of a 3rd world country. That's why ebola is spreading in Africa rapidly with a very high morality rate but the handful of western doctors that were exposed but put in isolation and brought back here are all recovering. We know what we are doing and have the resources to do it.

You don't wait until it's too late.

You recognize the added risk and try to prevent it form turning into reality with sensible policy. Allowing millions of people to cross the border unchecked is an invitation for some bug that had been eradicated in the US previously to make a return or some new bug to make it's debut. We behaved way more sensibly in 1900 than 2014. That's for sure. We also know why some politicians are willing to add risk to the American people. They wants the votes.

FantasticDan
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
When immigration was sensible in this country (before the liberals destroyed it with delusional idealism and a lust for voters), you went to Ellis Island (like my grandparents). You were checked out physically. If you had any signs of illness of any kind you were sent back on the next boat out. They could send you back for pink eye or a bad cough let alone anything serious.Harkening back to the Ellis island as the good old days of immigrant medical screening (before any vaccs or immunizations were even available) is not much of a leg to stand on..

http://www.fofweb.com/History/MainPrintPage.asp?iPin=ENAI0090&DataType=AmericanHistory&WinType=Free

In a day when immigrants were welcomed by politicians and policy makers as cheap labor for developing the economy, the process at Ellis Island was meant to help immigrants into the country. Examinations tended to be brief, unless someone displayed obvious deformities or illness. Most immigrants passed through the facilities on the day they arrived, and the rejection rate for most of its history was about 1 percent.

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Sick youngsters in the hospital.
I'll bet Fox News is showing this a lot.

Perfect scenario to tug at the heartstrings of the backbone of our society.
Those with family values........mmmhmmm.

Wake up, America.Indeed...will they ever wake up? Or will the liberal brain-washing finally consume what was left of a once great nation.

And if you bring up slavery and the south, I'll kick you across the room, as that's NOT what I'm referring to when I write "once great nation."

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Doctor after doctor has reported that they are not seeing any infectious process with these refugees. In fact, their vaccination records are often equal to or greater than American children. Doctors have reported that the vast majority of the illegals' medical issues are in relation to their long and difficult trip to get here.Yes, of course...because every other country in the world has a better health care system than the US.

If you didn't type the above, it wouldn't fit the left's narrative...

Now, if we can just tie this all into global warming, I think we'll be set for a while.

Tom
09-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Most immigrants passed through the facilities on the day they arrived, and the rejection rate for most of its history was about 1 percent.

What is it now? And there are health concerns with the illegals.You need to get out more.John Stewart has left out parts of the story.

FantasticDan
09-09-2014, 01:04 PM
And if you bring up slavery and the south, I'll kick you across the room, as that's NOT what I'm referring to when I write "once great nation."Then what are you referring to? I'm curious as to where we poor, misguided americans dropped the ball, and when. I'm thinking maybe 1994? :rolleyes:

horses4courses
09-09-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll kick you across the room

Is that a threat?
I'd like to see that.

Just so you know - I'm 6'2", 230, and pretty fit.

Of course, I never carry a firearm.

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Is that a threat?
I'd like to see that.

Of course, I never carry a firearm.The mentality of some on here...

Yeah...I'm going to meet up with you and actually kick you across the room.

Just stop it...

Oh, and bring up the gun thing...that was a good touch...jeez...

And they say conservatives are too serious... :rolleyes: :lol:

JustRalph
09-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Is that a threat?
I'd like to see that.

Of course, I never carry a firearm.

46zilzal is that you? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2014, 01:26 PM
But let me spell it out for those "way too serious" among us:

Yes...it was a virtual threat...specifically pertaining to actions that can occur on this VIRTUAL MESSAGE BOARD and kicking you across a VIRTUAL ROOM.

I have to say these things because I know the left-leaning wise asses will be out in force accusing me of loving the slavery days and wishing the country would go back to those days.

Anyone who actually thinks that about me proves what a horrible judge of VIRTUAL character they are....

horses4courses
09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
46zilzal is that you? :lol:

He did leave not long after I showed up, if I recall.
But, no - I am not 46zilzal. ;)

NJ Stinks
09-09-2014, 01:37 PM
And they say conservatives are too serious... :rolleyes: :lol:

Conservatives are too serious. Especially here. Just about every thread here in Off Topic - General quickly becomes certain predictions of doom and gloom by conservatives for these United States.

boxcar
09-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Haven't been following the dispersion of illegals across America, but my wife told me some time ago that they were transporting these sick kids via public transportation, i.e. planes, trains, buses. They didn't transport them isolated from the general public, which is very shrewd of this evil government. So...we have all these "sick" kids (allegedly) stuck in very confined areas with the general public -- people who are going anywhere and everywhere, which makes for easy spread of any virus as well as making it very difficult to trace the virus back to a source. Cute.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Conservatives are too serious. Especially here. Just about every thread here in Off Topic - General quickly becomes certain predictions of doom and gloom by conservatives for theses United States.

Has the liberals' version of global doom and gloom all beat.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Haven't been following the dispersion of illegals across America, but my wife told me some time ago that they were transporting these sick kids via public transportation, i.e. planes, trains, buses. They didn't transport them isolated from the general public, which is very shrewd of this evil government. So...we have all these "sick" kids (allegedly) stuck in very confined areas with the general public -- people who are going anywhere and everywhere, which makes for easy spread of any virus as well as making it very difficult to trace the virus back to a source. Cute.

Boxcar

Conservative Doom and Gloom - Exhibit A

PaceAdvantage
09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Conservatives are too serious. Especially here. Just about every thread here in Off Topic - General quickly becomes certain predictions of doom and gloom by conservatives for theses United States.I wasn't even smart enough to connect this mysterious virus that I just read about yesterday in an article on the MSN.COM website, with the immigrants who are being dispersed throughout the country.

However, I applaud someone for making the connection as it's something that is probably worth looking into.

What this administration is doing in the name of vote pandering/harvesting is borderline criminal if not outright criminal...

JustRalph
09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
The problem comes when the Liar in Chief nor his minions are at all believable anymore.

IRS
Eric Holder in contempt for lying
Benghazi team including Sec of State and Sec Def lying cover up
You can keep your doctor and your plan
Unemployment numbers fudged
GDP numbers re-adjusted every quarter
Wholesale corruption in trillions of dollars of handouts to Obama donors

This is a quick off the top of my head list. I don't believe anything my government tells me especially when it comes to public health! money and how they spend it.

Tom
09-09-2014, 02:00 PM
The problem comes when the Liar in Chief nor his minions are at all believable anymore.

IRS
Eric Holder in contempt for lying
Benghazi team including Sec of State and Sec Def lying cover up
You can keep your doctor and your plan
Unemployment numbers fudged
GDP numbers re-adjusted every quarter
Wholesale corruption in trillions of dollars of handouts to Obama donors

This is a quick off the top of my head list. I don't believe anything my government tells me especially when it comes to public health! money and how they spend it.

Obama lost it all in the Fog of Golf.

classhandicapper
09-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Harkening back to the Ellis island as the good old days of immigrant medical screening (before any vaccs or immunizations were even available) is not much of a leg to stand on..

http://www.fofweb.com/History/MainPrintPage.asp?iPin=ENAI0090&DataType=AmericanHistory&WinType=Free

In a day when immigrants were welcomed by politicians and policy makers as cheap labor for developing the economy, the process at Ellis Island was meant to help immigrants into the country. Examinations tended to be brief, unless someone displayed obvious deformities or illness. Most immigrants passed through the facilities on the day they arrived, and the rejection rate for most of its history was about 1 percent.

There was a 1% rejection rate.

I've seen estimates of the number of illegals in the US at anywhere from 10-30 million, but it's obviously rising rapidly and is probably closer to the upper end.

Let's call it 20 million.

That means all else being equal there have been potentially up to 200K extra people here spreading diseases. Even if we are generous and say 20K because of better health care among the immigrants since back then, it's still to much. All it takes is 1 person with something serious!

I don't want to go back to the Ellis Island days anyway. I want adequate resources and current knowledge to be used along with a government that has the common sense and decency to create a fair and safe policy for both the people here legally now and those that want to come here. I don't want a bunch of scum bucket traitors looking for votes and cheap labor declaring open borders and amnesty putting everyone else at greater health risk and having to pay the economic costs for the privilege.

johnhannibalsmith
09-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Conservative Doom and Gloom - Exhibit A

Not that you are wrong, but let's not forget the other ideology is the one that finds all humor offensive unless a white guy is getting kicked in the sack or a "whitish" guy mocking conservatives.

PhantomOnTour
09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
This thread is proof that America is ripe for a 3rd party...listen to yourselves, you righties and lefties.
Pathetic - both of you.

Seriously, who the hell would want to be in the same political party as y'all?

horses4courses
09-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Interesting to see that this thread was dropped like a hot potato.

The statistical proof to back up the Right's
reactionary panic just wasn't there now, was it?

Try bringing some solid facts to the table
before you start spreading fear next time.

No - strike that.
I don't expect you to change.
It's just who you are.

Tom
09-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Where is YOUR proof to the contrary?

Robert Goren
09-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Conservatives are too serious. Especially here. Just about every thread here in Off Topic - General quickly becomes certain predictions of doom and gloom by conservatives for these United States.A brighter day for conservatives is coming. The good news for the right is that Obama leaves office on 01/20/2017. The bad news for them is that Hilary will be replacing him.

classhandicapper
09-16-2014, 11:39 AM

No - strike that.
It's just who you are.

I've been consistent in this.

I think it's irrelevant if this virus was imported or not. What's relevant is that we have millions of people sneaking across the border from 3rd world countries without getting adequate health care screenings from US doctors. IMO, that raises the risk that some previously iradicated disease or some new bug will eventually make its way into the US.

We aren't allowing this because the American people want it this way, because the American people enjoy taking risks with their lives, because there's a shortage of unskilled labor in this country and wages are too high, because we are running huge surpluses while taking care of all our own people and have decided to take care of even more, because they are all highly educated, skilled, and have to capital to start businesses etc... .

We are allowing it because our president is more concerned about importing left wing voters so his party can expand and consolidate its power than he is about what the American people want or what in the best economic and social interests of the country.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2014, 04:56 PM

No - strike that.
It's just who you are.Reactionary panic? It's a respiratory virus...it sucks, but I don't think anyone was panicking...you apparently missed the point.

I know...NOBODY is supposed to make any sort of "connections" to recent events or anything like that...unless it's George Bush and BIG OIL...or the Bush and bin Laden family...or stuff like that...then it's OK for the left to make "connections"...

Connecting a recent influx of THOUSANDS of "rushed through the border" immigrant children who were consequently transported throughout the country, with an outbreak of a heretofore RARE (in the US) virus among US children...yeah, that's just plain nuts. How utterly wacky...

Of course, they pay folks in the CDC to come up with connections like this...you know...source of an outbreak...but we'll ignore that for the moment...

horses4courses
09-16-2014, 05:07 PM
My point was this - this thread was ignored once
no link between immigrant kids and the virus
could be found. Barking up the wrong tree,
but I'd never expect an apology. No, nay, never.

The virus may have come via a flight from Europe,
or anywhere else on this earth.

Yes - we have an immigration problem.
Fear mongering doesn't help fix it.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2014, 05:18 PM
My point was this - this thread was ignored once
no link between immigrant kids and the virus
could be found. Barking up the wrong tree,
but I'd never expect an apology. No, nay, never.

The virus may have come via a flight from Europe,
or anywhere else on this earth.

Yes - we have an immigration problem.
Fear mongering doesn't help fix it.No link? The kids are still getting sick. How has there even been time to investigate fully?

Who exactly has investigated a link? I doubt anyone from the Federal Government has...Obama's gov't...the same gov't that shipped these children all over the country...and I mean all over.

So, how exactly was it that "no link could be found."

By whom exactly?

horses4courses
09-16-2014, 05:27 PM
No link? The kids are still getting sick. How has there even been time to investigate fully?

Who exactly has investigated a link? I doubt anyone from the Federal Government has...Obama's gov't...the same gov't that shipped these children all over the country...and I mean all over.

So, how exactly was it that "no link could be found."

By whom exactly?

You don't think Fox/CNN would be all over this if there were?
I bet they've been digging like crazy to see who is getting treated.
Is it just Johnny and Jenny, or Jose and Maria, too?

RaceBookJoe
09-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Last comment I heard mentioned by the CDC about this was "we don't know".

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2014, 03:45 PM
You don't think Fox/CNN would be all over this if there were?
I bet they've been digging like crazy to see who is getting treated.
Is it just Johnny and Jenny, or Jose and Maria, too?Unless FOX has a team of virologists, not sure what you expect them to dig up.

boxcar
09-17-2014, 05:30 PM

And if they did know something, how willing would they be to scare the public out of its wits?

Boxcar

davew
09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
A brighter day for conservatives is coming. The good news for the right is that Obama leaves office on 01/20/2017. The bad news for them is that Hilary will be replacing him.

and how can Hiliary lie for you?
What difference does it make if we continue to have inept leadership in the white house?....

Tom
09-17-2014, 09:36 PM

Which means it could well be coming over the border.

It started in California......hmmmmmm.
Moved in NY and the northeast now, sanctuary territory. Hmmmmmmm.
Been almost dormant for decades, hardly any cases reported in a long time.
Now, it is on the rise. Hmmmmmm.

classhandicapper
10-02-2014, 08:41 AM
"In a whistleblower disclosure document obtained by National Review Online, the agent alleges that the federal government knowingly transported illegal immigrants to facilities that were unequipped to process them; disregarded repeated warnings from a Border Patrol agent about the public-health risks posed by the immigrants, many of whom were suffering from infectious diseases; rejected multiple offers of assistance from local officials; and suspended law-enforcement operations at part of America’s southern border while denying a congressman’s repeated requests for information about the government’s plan to process the immigrants and about the startling events unfolding in his district."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/389232/border-whistleblowin-wind-ryan-lovelace

JustRalph
10-09-2014, 05:23 AM
http://sharylattkisson.com/polio-like-outbreak-claims-fifth-life-in-u-s

Attkisson asking an open ended question

JustRalph
10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2787029/EXCLUSIVE-Feds-order-review-security-facilities-holding-illegal-immigrant-children-two-Guatemalan-teens-walk-away-Illinois-detention-center-carjack-91-year-old-Navy-veteran.html

This showed up on Facebook..... I guess we know where these kids are?

Not sure how old this is........ sorry if it's been posted.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/10/1412898432423_wps_3_A_crime_spree_that_began_.jpg

PaceAdvantage
10-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Oh Ralph...this could have happened just as easily with two natural-born yutes...did I just say...yutes? Yes, the two yutes could have been two citizens and nobody would blink an eye.

You're just writing this because you are a bigoted right-wing asshole (channeling my inner mostpost while I type this). :lol:

Clocker
10-11-2014, 12:41 PM
(channeling my inner mostpost while I type this).

ObamaCare does cover mental health issues. :jump:

boxcar
10-11-2014, 06:48 PM
ObamaCare does cover mental health issues. :jump:

Yeah, I bet it does. The "cover" is probably in places known as graves, among other things. Economical as all get out, though.

Boxcar

classhandicapper
11-01-2014, 09:49 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/31/obamas-border-policy-fueled-epidemic-evidence-shows/

JustRalph
11-01-2014, 10:21 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/31/obamas-border-policy-fueled-epidemic-evidence-shows/

This article is full of shit. It really doesn't say much. It is all "we should check this" instead of " there is evidence of"

I read it last night after it was touted on twitter. I didn't think it worth posting, and it's just link bait if you ask me.....