PDA

View Full Version : Vicar's in Trouble

NY BRED
09-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Why Ken Ramsey is one of the shrewdest owners, Breeder,
Owner and player in this game.

Loved the winner, tossed the place horse :(

Posting his fourth win in nine starts along with four thirds, Vicar's in Trouble has now earned $1,128,900.
Consigned by Mark Toothaker and Spendthrift to the 2012 Equine Sales of Louisiana yearling sale, the colt brought $8,000 from Clyde Taylor. The Ramseys purchased him for $80,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale from Pike Racing, agent.
Under equal weights of 124 pounds, Vicar's in Trouble was good for $4.60, $3.60, and $2.60 across the board. Declan's Fast Cat was a big surprise with a $42.60 and $19 return, completing a $268.20 exacta. Victory Nor Defeat was worth $4.40 to show.
Ide Be Cool was followed by Jessica's Star, East Hall, Louisiana Flyboy, Announcement, Louies Flower,

iceknight
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Why Ken Ramsey is one of the shrewdest owners, Breeder,
Owner and player in this game.

Loved the winner, tossed the place horse :(

Posting his fourth win in nine starts along with four thirds, Vicar's in Trouble has now earned $1,128,900.
Consigned by Mark Toothaker and Spendthrift to the 2012 Equine Sales of Louisiana yearling sale, the colt brought $8,000 from Clyde Taylor. The Ramseys purchased him for $80,000 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-olds in training sale from Pike Racing, agent.
Under equal weights of 124 pounds, Vicar's in Trouble was good for $4.60, $3.60, and $2.60 across the board. Declan's Fast Cat was a big surprise with a $42.60 and $19 return, completing a $268.20 exacta. Victory Nor Defeat was worth $4.40 to show.
Ide Be Cool was followed by Jessica's Star, East Hall, Louisiana Flyboy, Announcement, Louies Flower, The Ramseys are real good at what they do.

But this horse, while he outclassed this company here, if you look at the head on, he drifts across quite a bit in the stretch, especially close to the wire/after wire. So distance limitations show up for this horse if they run him at Gr 1 company at 9f or 10f. At Gr 2, if no Gr 1 winner at 9f or 10f is there, then this horse has a real chance (this is for races going forward)

horses4courses
09-07-2014, 11:27 AM
The Ramseys are real good at what they do.

But this horse, while he outclassed this company here, if you look at the head on, he drifts across quite a bit in the stretch, especially close to the wire/after wire. So distance limitations show up for this horse if they run him at Gr 1 company at 9f or 10f. At Gr 2, if no Gr 1 winner at 9f or 10f is there, then this horse has a real chance (this is for races going forward)

Agreed. :ThmbUp:
Very nice horse - just not top class.

Mineshaft
09-07-2014, 11:59 AM
He's a Grade 3 horse nothing more.

jballscalls
09-07-2014, 12:01 PM
He's a Grade 3 horse nothing more.

you can make a lot of money with a Grade 3 horse that can win Grade 2 Derbys!

ILovetheInner
09-07-2014, 12:18 PM

That is so true! You do see connections who ruin the horse, screw his future and waste everyone's time not embracing the limitations and the successes that rest therein for the taking. Back when he was rising to the top of the pile, Lukas was quite a master at making a big chunk of cash and solid syndication value on a colt he knew wasn't all that much. But you find your right spots and well timed opportunity, and it's all good.

lamboguy
09-07-2014, 12:23 PM
if you are looking for 5%, Indiana Derby October 4th. probably going to bet him to show there. i am a bad handicapper, not a proud one

classhandicapper
09-07-2014, 02:10 PM
The good news is that he's still moving forward. I would aim for the BC Mile.

Mineshaft
09-07-2014, 02:30 PM

you are correct you can but hes not a Grade 1 horse. Keep him in the smaller Derbys and he will be fine.

jballscalls
09-07-2014, 02:43 PM
you are correct you can but hes not a Grade 1 horse. Keep him in the smaller Derbys and he will be fine.

seems like that's what they're doing. WV, Super, next Indiana. lot of money in the midwest for a decent 3yo

NY BRED
09-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Good news/bad news: you read my mind, perfect handicapping job,
at least inmho!

:jump: :eek:

Billnewman
09-08-2014, 01:45 AM
[QUOTE=Mineshaft]He's a Grade 3 horse nothing more.[

I disagree Mr.Mineshaft. I would bet that the horse will win a grade 1 race before he retires. The few races ive watched him run have been very visually inpressive. If rosie had gunned the horse out of the gate in the KD i think he would have been in the superfecta. You will probably see him in the Donn, Met Mile and whitney next year

Mineshaft
09-08-2014, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Mineshaft]He's a Grade 3 horse nothing more.[

I disagree Mr.Mineshaft. I would bet that the horse will win a grade 1 race before he retires. The few races ive watched him run have been very visually inpressive. If rosie had gunned the horse out of the gate in the KD i think he would have been in the superfecta. You will probably see him in the Donn, Met Mile and whitney next year

Hes going to have to improve to win those type races next year. Not saying he cant do it just saying he has to improve to do it.

iceknight
09-08-2014, 06:39 PM
He's a Grade 3 horse nothing more. At 9f, 10f or at ALL distances? I think he can be force to reckon with at a mile and change even at Grade 1 although I dont know many Grade 1 races at 1 1/16th. But the Met mile.. he can definitely give others a run for their money. Whitney ? nahhh

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I was surprised there weren't some better horses in the race

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't...he is likely to face Goldencents and/or Bayern in the BC Mile and those two would simply crush him.

He could compete in the Damascus Stks on the BC undercard, but I wouldn't dare take on the best because I don't think he is one of them.

horses4courses
09-08-2014, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't...he is likely to face Goldencents and/or Bayern in the BC Mile and those two would simply crush him.

He could compete in the Damascus Stks on the BC undercard, but I wouldn't dare take on the best because I don't think he is one of them.

If all connections thought like that,
we would have many 4-5 runner stakes races.