PDA

View Full Version : Race 1 at LA ends in a blunder

Redbullsnation
09-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Just saw the replay of the 1st race and at the far turn one of the horses lost his rider!! Well :o

madera12227
09-06-2014, 11:09 PM
how is the jockey doing felipe martinez?

plainolebill
09-06-2014, 11:15 PM
The official version was that the saddle slipped. The horse was on the lead just before the stretch - Martinez was shifting around/looking back to see if he could get to the rail - it looked to me like he just fell off.

Shemp Howard
09-06-2014, 11:30 PM
He walked off on his own power and said he was OK, but complained of neck pain.

Enough to earn him a ride to the hospital for evaluation.

madera12227
09-06-2014, 11:51 PM
thanks for the info. It look like a bad fall. but it also looked like the jockey jumped off the horse intentionally. what do you guys think. i never ride horses, is it possible for the saddle to move and cause the jockey to slip off. he did keep on looking behind him for an unknown reason.

Longshot6977
09-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Just saw the replay of the 1st race and at the far turn one of the horses lost his rider!! Well :o

I checked the 1st race replays via TVG at Los Al for Sept 6 and both 1st races (T-Bred and Q horse races) had horses that lost their riders in the same general area of the track in the 1st race. Weird.

Hambletonian
09-07-2014, 06:08 PM
saddle slipped almost completely to the right side in the TBred race, jockey may have been looking inside to see if he could bail safely that way.

the paint just bore into the rail, jockey lost irons, then fell off shortly thereafter.

was a little disconcerted watching the replays at the backstretch run. is it just me or does the inside rail duck in near the original far turn then duck out again?