PDA

View Full Version : Shaky DQ at LaD Race 10 Sept 6

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Announcer wrongly gives huge voice infliction for runner up who was never getting there, maybe that fooled the judges?

2nd placed first in a race where the outcome wasn't affected.

Your call.

cj
09-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Announcer wrongly gives huge voice infliction for runner up who was never getting there, maybe that fooled the judges?

2nd placed first in a race where the outcome wasn't affected.

Your call.

Hard to say the outcome wasn't changed in a herding situation. No way the announcer had anything to do with the decision.

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Hard to say the outcome wasn't changed in a herding situation. No way the announcer had anything to do with the decision.

If the judges hear the call of the race, its possible that they're affected, even if its subconscious. We're not dealing with rocket scientists here. The announcer made it seem like the 2 was goin right on by and when he got up to within a length and a quarter, he stopped gaining while the winner seemed to have plenty left.

That might have been a factor.

cj
09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
If the judges hear the call of the race, its possible that they're affected, even if its subconscious. We're not dealing with rocket scientists here. The announcer made it seem like the 2 was goin right on by and when he got up to within a length and a quarter, he stopped gaining while the winner seemed to have plenty left.

That might have been a factor.

You're being ridiculous. They don't hear the call when reviewing the incident.

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 07:04 PM
You're being ridiculous. They don't hear the call when reviewing the incident.

That's not what i'm saying.

cj
09-06-2014, 07:05 PM
That's not what i'm saying.

Even under the very slight chance they are basing inquiries on announcer calls, what difference does it make once they look?

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Even under the very slight chance they are basing inquiries on announcer calls, what difference does it make once they look?

If they watch the race live, and the announcer is screaming that the onrushing horse is going right on by, that can get into their heads....i didnt handicap LaD at all today, and saw this race on TVG and when i heard the announcer, i said to myself "wow, this bomb is going to win".

Once you have that in your head, even after you see the replay, you might be thinking that he has some shot and the race was affected.

cj
09-06-2014, 07:13 PM
If they watch the race live, and the announcer is screaming that the onrushing horse is going right on by, that can get into their heads....i didnt handicap LaD at all today, and saw this race on TVG and when i heard the announcer, i said to myself "wow, this bomb is going to win".

Once you have that in your head, even after you see the replay, you might be thinking that he has some shot and the race was affected.

Just stop please.

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Just stop please.

You're giving them way too much credit. They made a bad DQ, lets just leave it at that.

iceknight
09-06-2014, 07:23 PM

Once you have that in your head, even after you see the replay, you might be thinking that he has some shot and the race was affected. The stewards made their review and decided to grant it to Donnie Meche. That may still be a bad DQ, but it is not based on the announcer's call.

your comments are completely unwarranted and a weak attempt to twist or "spin" things. Sorry if other people who watched the race do not agree with your theory of how things go about inside other people's minds.

Mineshaft
09-06-2014, 11:06 PM
looks like the house trainer and house jock got put up

jballscalls
09-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Just stop please.

CJ, you put up a brave effort to try to explain some sense to him, but there's some things that are just never gonna happen.

I hope Vic chimes in here as he's played both announcer and steward. 95% of the tracks the stews can't even hear the announcer. They're in an enclosed room and don't have the sound on their TVs. And every steward I've ever met at one of about 15 tracks couldn't give 2 rips about what an announcer says or thinks or does.

jballscalls
09-06-2014, 11:39 PM
I should add that i do agree with SRU on one thing...the dq was shaky. and i think that's being generous

Hoofless_Wonder
09-06-2014, 11:56 PM
The stewards may or may not be rocket scientists, but the root of the problem is they are human and their decisions are subjective. As horseplayers, we don't have a whole lot of insight as to why they make their decisions, as the post-official explanations given are often lacking in detail.

Until we see more transparency (like Australia) or rule changes (pay on the finish, alter the results for purses only), SRU won't be the only one making these comments....

Some_One
09-07-2014, 12:16 AM
It was a 50/50 call. The 7 did go out about 4 paths, the 2 did have to alter course and the 2 did have to stop riding. Did the interference cause the 2 one length? So close, if he could have gotten to the saddlecloth then I think it's a much easier case to make.

SandyW
09-07-2014, 02:46 AM
This was a very bad decision.

reckless
09-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Every time this topic comes up, I offer the same reply because it is the only one that makes sense. :)

The closer to the finish line the race is at the time of the interference the greater the chances are for a disqualification, regardless of how severe or not such interference is.

The Donny Meche horse was interfered with when the other horse started coming out very late which almost forced him to stop riding. Also, the 'winner' continued to come out still right up to the finish line.

The stewards made the right decision and the announcer's voice inflection had nothing to do with that final decision.