PDA

View Full Version : Penn National First Race Today

cmp92
09-06-2014, 05:13 PM
First race at Penn National today (Saturday September 5th) there was a jockey's objection, :1: against :5: . I really didn't see anything to warrant an objection. Anyone see anything? Are there fines levied for frivolous objections?

Incident happened around the quarter pole, right about at the top of the stretch.

Stillriledup
09-06-2014, 05:23 PM
There have been a LOT of frivolous foul claims in recent times at plenty of tracks. I've seen them in NY and Calif among other places. If there's no penalty for random foul claims, you may as well do it and hope the blind mice buy it, wouldnt be the first time.

Shemp Howard
09-06-2014, 05:33 PM
The 5 was on the outside of and at least 1/1/2 lengths ahead of the 1 for most of the race. They never came close to each other.

Lot's of frivolity in Grantville.

cmp92
09-06-2014, 05:38 PM
There have been a LOT of frivolous foul claims in recent times at plenty of tracks. I've seen them in NY and Calif among other places. If there's no penalty for random foul claims, you may as well do it and hope the blind mice buy it, wouldnt be the first time.
Thanks for the quick reply SRU. I'll redboard here, I had the :5: anyway so I got a little worried. I didn't really see anything glaringly obvious during the race. Once they showed the replay I couldn't help but think that was a waste of time.

cmp92
09-06-2014, 05:39 PM
The 5 was on the outside of and at least 1/1/2 lengths ahead of the 1 for most of the race. They never came close to each other.

Lot's of frivolity in Grantville.
Exactly what I thought while the race was being run and during the replay.

thespaah
09-07-2014, 11:52 PM
I checked both the NYS Gaming website and the NJ Racing Commission site and could not find rules related specifically to "frivolous claims of foul" in a horse race...
However I have seen where riders have been fined by the Stewards for such actions.