PDA

View Full Version : Two of my most vivid memories of Jug Day

RaceTrackDaddy
09-05-2014, 01:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qoa1NWCfjo
Best Jug Ever had one of the strongest fields ever assembled in 1993. Presidential Ball, Life Sign, Riyadh, etc Life Sign put in one of the best efforts ever by a race horse in the final of the Jug. I am still in awe to this day in his beating not only the field but in the manner of it.

Nihilator might have won the Jug but was not the best Three Year Old pacer at Delaware Country Fair track.
Falcon Seelster with David Miller...watch him explode as David hits the third quarter pole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3goC50jhdjU

MutuelClerk
09-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Totally agree RTD Falcon Seelster was the best 3YO on the grounds that day. Such a great race and day. Thanks for the memories....

MutuelClerk
09-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Tom Harmer drove him and trained him. Skipper Dale Marx and Ted Rau was second. Great day.....

LottaKash
09-06-2014, 11:59 AM
I am sorry to not be able to see and wager on the "Jug" this season....I love Jug-Day...:jump:

I will be away for almost a month...I am going to see an old friend in England, and then on to finally get to see the "fjords" in Norway for a couple of weeks...

My wife has an 8" windows 8 tab, maybe I can crank out my ADW with it, on raceday...

Happy Wagers to all...:jump: til then..:kiss:

RaceTrackDaddy
09-06-2014, 02:46 PM
I stand corrected on the driver, Tom Harmer drove..
Been a while. Seem to remember the purse of that invite was either 4k or 5k that day. Wish I would kept all the pp's.

On another subject, anyone that is going to the Jug on Wednesday, try to find someone on the backside that day that might have an extra grooms pin. When we started going for two days, we would see a friend that shipped in there and he would give us a couple Grooms passes that we would pin on our shirts. It got us free admission and parking into the fair plus wee parked on the backside where we usually hung out anyway. I attached a few pins I dug out as I am still in that Jug Frame of mind.