PDA

View Full Version : Benghazi revisited

Clocker
09-04-2014, 11:05 PM
A new book is being released next week called "13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" by Mitchell Zuckoff and Annex Security Team. The collaborators on the book are members of the security team who were at the CIA Annex the night of the attack.

Members of the security team were recently interviewed at length by Bret Baier of Fox News. A small portion of the interview was played on Baier's show tonight. In the interview, they said that they attempted to go to the consulate when the attack started, but that they were repeatedly ordered to stand down. After about 30 minutes, they ignored orders and went. All said that if they had been allowed to go 30 minutes earlier, they believed that the 4 Americans would not have been killed.

A one-hour edition of the interview will air on Fox Friday, Sept. 5, at 10 pm eastern. It will be re-aired a number of times over the week end. More details here. (http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/03/don%E2%80%99t-miss-%E2%80%98fox-news-reporting-13-hours-benghazi%E2%80%99-friday-10p-et)

fast4522
09-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the post and your interest.

Clocker
09-05-2014, 11:52 AM
More about the interview and a short film clip HERE (http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/05/video-benghazi-security-team-claims-cia-told-them-to-wait/).

The House Intelligence Committee declared earlier in the investigations into the sacking of the Benghazi consulate two years ago that the alleged “stand down” order to military responders never happened. Three members of the local security team in Benghazi who ended up defying orders to respond to the attack beg to differ — but there is a key difference between the earlier allegation and their testimony to Fox News’ Bret Baier, which airs in full tonight. The stand-down order they describe did not come from Washington, but from the local CIA chief, who was trying to get local militias to intervene instead

Robert Goren
09-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Talk about beating a dead horse. Every theory about what happen there has aired at least a thousand times in and out the halls of Congress. Nobody is going change any minds at this late date.

Clocker
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Nobody is going change any minds at this late date.

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts.

Greyfox
09-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Talk about beating a dead horse. Every theory about what happen there has aired at least a thousand times in and out the halls of Congress. Nobody is going change any minds at this late date.

...and nobody in the White House Administration, including Obama and Hillary has been held accountable for that disaster. (Maybe some far down underling in the State Department had to carry the can for not answering the Ambassador's multiple requests for increased security.)

...and none of the Libyan terrorists who did this heinous act have been brought to Justice either.

JustRalph
09-05-2014, 01:55 PM

These are the guys who were ordered not to talk

The proverbial horses mouth

Clocker
09-05-2014, 02:11 PM
One of the guys in the interview was asked about "the video" that supposedly caused it all. He said that he had never heard a word about it while in Libya. The first he heard about it was after they left the country and were in Germany.

Capper Al
09-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Again???

I'm sure we'll hear a lot on this up to the elections. Murdock's (Fox News and the right wing gang) will keep repeating this in hopes that the independent voters might think that there must really be something to this. I think the independents are smart than this. :bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Murdock's (Fox News and the right wing gang)Since when did The A-Team reveal their political leanings?

JustRalph
09-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Again???

I'm sure we'll hear a lot on this up to the elections. Murdock's (Fox News and the right wing gang) will keep repeating this in hopes that the independent voters might think that there must really be something to this. I think the independents are smart than this. :bang:

yeah, there is nothing to it. Unless of course your family member was killed because Hillary refused more security or maybe because some CIA officer refused to let the security team respond to calls for help......

yeah,,,,,,, nothing to it.......... what difference does it make now?

Clocker
09-05-2014, 04:22 PM
yeah, there is nothing to it. Unless of course your family member was killed because Hillary refused more security or maybe because some CIA officer refused to let the security team respond to calls for help......

And then everyone in the most transparent administration in the history of the world lied about it, both on general principle and because there was an election coming up.

I never did hear a final official version of that attack. Were those deaths ruled as workplace violence also?

Capper Al
09-05-2014, 04:58 PM

For those family members and friends, there was something to it. For the rest of us, it's sacrilegious politics.

Robert Goren
09-05-2014, 05:19 PM
...and nobody in the White House Administration, including Obama and Hillary has been held accountable for that disaster. (Maybe some far down underling in the State Department had to carry the can for not answering the Ambassador's multiple requests for increased security.)

...and none of the Libyan terrorists who did this heinous act have been brought to Justice either. And this book is to going change that how?

Greyfox
09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
And this book is to going change that how?

It might point out more clearly who should be held accountable in Libya.

JustRalph
09-05-2014, 05:36 PM
For those family members and friends, there was something to it. For the rest of us, it's sacrilegious politics.

sacrilegious ? ok.........whatever

It's called being accountable............ that is a foreign concept to the Obama admin.

Lois Lerner

James Clapper

The Attorney General

President Teflon

all should be in jail

Clocker
09-05-2014, 07:08 PM
A glimpse of the truth of liberal dogma. Questioning the Holy Writ from the White House is sacrilegious.

sacrilege -- an act of treating a holy place or object in a way that does not show proper respect

As I recall, Muslims considered the video that caused the Benghazi attack to be sacrilegious also.

mostpost
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
A new book is being released next week called "13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi" by Mitchell Zuckoff and Annex Security Team. The collaborators on the book are members of the security team who were at the CIA Annex the night of the attack.

Members of the security team were recently interviewed at length by Bret Baier of Fox News. A small portion of the interview was played on Baier's show tonight. In the interview, they said that they attempted to go to the consulate when the attack started, but that they were repeatedly ordered to stand down. After about 30 minutes, they ignored orders and went. All said that if they had been allowed to go 30 minutes earlier, they believed that the 4 Americans would not have been killed.

A one-hour edition of the interview will air on Fox Friday, Sept. 5, at 10 pm eastern. It will be re-aired a number of times over the week end. More details here. (http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/03/don%E2%80%99t-miss-%E2%80%98fox-news-reporting-13-hours-benghazi%E2%80%99-friday-10p-et)

Unadulterated garbage.
Here is the timeline from the Senate investigation.
http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi2014/benghazi.pdf
After the DS agent in the Tactical Operations Center at the Temporary
Mission Facility alerted the Annex security team that TMF was under attack at
9:40 , the Chief of Base called the
"who advised that he would immediately deploy a
force to provide assistance," according to a September 19, 2012, cable
that provided the joint CIA Station/Base report on the events surrounding the September 11-12 attacks.

Two armored vehicles were prepared so the security team could respond
from the Annex. Approximately 20-25 minutes after the first call came into the Annex that the Temporary Mission Facility was under attack, a security team left the Annex for the Mission compound. In footage taken from the Annex's security cameras, the security team can be observed departing the CIA Annex at 10:03 p.m. Benghazi time

Perhaps you are suggesting that the security team should have run out of the annex without the armored vehicles. You are aware that the annex was a half mile to a mile from the compound aren't you? Of course you are not.

Also from the Senate report:
The Committee explored claims that there was a "stand down" order given to the security team at the Annex. Although some members of the security team expressed frustration that they were unable to respond more quickly to the Mission compound, 12 the Committee found
no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the Chief of Base or any
other party.

The timeline given here is confirmed by other sources; the House Oversight Committee; the State Departments internal investigation and others.
The attack began at 9:42 PM local time. As soon as they were notified the security team at the Annex began preparing to leave. They left at 10:03-21 minutes after the attack began, not 30. I don't know how long it was from the time the attack began until the Annex received word, but I doubt it was instantaneous.

I am going to be out this evening, but I will set my Dvr to record that interview. I'm curious to know the motivations of the men who wrote this book-other than to make a lot of money and disparage Obama.

Clocker
09-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Unadulterated garbage.

Thank god we have someone here to set the record straight, and to show that whatever those guys are going to say is wrong, even before hearing what they have to say.

I am going to be out this evening, but I will set my Dvr to record that interview.

Why bother wasting your precious time with all of that? You already know, with your incredible psychic powers, what they are going to say and have shown that they will be wrong. Just sit back and rest on your laurels while the rest of us lesser beings have to actually listen for ourselves.

Kind of like having to wait for the bill to be passed so we can find out what is in it.

fast4522
09-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Everyone here knows that he is a flake anyway, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Clocker
09-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Everyone here knows that he is a flake anyway, :lol: :lol: :lol: .Now, now. You should never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Or lived an hour in his private little universe.

Tom
09-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Look, libs would rather sweep the deaths of American under the rug and forget them rather than allow anyone know what a coward and scumbag their fearless leader is.

They are willing give up a few heads as well.
American lives are not a concern to the left, never had been, never will be.
All that matters is the Collective.

Tom
09-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
Unadulterated garbage.

Truth hurts, huh?
Like Dracula and crosses, you and the truth.

BlueShoe
09-05-2014, 11:35 PM
The JFK assasination is still being debated today, with at least 10 times as much ink and theorys devoted to what occurred in 1963 than has been given to the Benghazi events of just two years ago.

JustRalph
09-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Now, why wouldn't Mosties know more than the guys who were there?

I mean come on man!

Greyfox
09-05-2014, 11:52 PM

I mean come on man!

:lol:
Bears repeating. :ThmbUp:

Clocker
09-06-2014, 12:10 AM

I mean come on man!

He knows because he read the official report from the SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE!!!

Senate? Intelligence????? :D

As much as I respect the Senate Intelligence Committee, and its esteemed Chairwoman, Diane Feinstein (giggle, snort, cough), I am going to reserve judgement on this issue until I see the report from the House Select Committee on Benghazi, which will begin hearings this month. The Chairman of that committee is Trey Gowdy, and I pity the fool that tries to blow smoke up his butt.

Greyfox
09-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Senate? Intelligence????? :D

:ThmbUp: Oxymoron alert!

Clocker
09-06-2014, 12:27 AM
:ThmbUp: Oxymoron alert!

In order to maintain bipartisanship on the topic, I will point out that Michelle Bachmann is on the House Intelligence Committee. :D

Tom
09-06-2014, 12:47 AM
I believe she is about to introduce legislation to automatically revoke passports of ISIS members/supporters and refuse to allow them back into the country.

Something the State Department and POTUS have not done.

Clocker
09-06-2014, 12:59 AM
I believe she is about to introduce legislation to automatically revoke passports of ISIS members/supporters and refuse to allow them back into the country.

Something the State Department and POTUS have not done.

A number of other members of Congress are doing the same thing. Bachmann is a parrot. She does okay when she spouts the Tea Party agenda, but she is on really shaky ground when she tries to venture into the alien world of original thought.