PDA

View Full Version : HRTV analysts...best handicapper

Racey
09-04-2014, 07:31 PM
If you had to pick one from Vercruysse, Cadman, White, Free, or Siegel who do you think is best.
I feel Jeff Siegel is by far the best... :ThmbUp:

thespaah
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Tough to come up with a winner there.
I have noticed Veracruyse likes to make picks with larger odds.
Ok by me....I like it.
As far as Im concerned, all of the HRTV on camera people do a good job.

FrankieFigs
09-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I like Siegel and Vercruysse in the afternoon followed up with Kurt Hoover in the evening.

Racey
09-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Does go for bombs away which is fine but he tends to really reach on occasion.

Tom
09-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Siegel.

Racey
09-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Michelle Yu...gets streky at times

NJ Stinks
09-05-2014, 03:05 AM
I always seem to pick up interesting stuff when Zoey Cadman and Scott Hazelton work together. And Jon White, while on the chalky side, offers solid info too.

But the other hosts on HRTV are good too.

One thing for sure - HRTV staff don't annoy like TVG's crew. The other night I'm listening to Simon Bray and he likes the #1 horse in the Oak Tree Juvenile Turf on closing day at Del Mar. The horse (Daddy D T, 8-1 morning line) is 4-1 with a few minutes to post. So The Todd says something about Simon's horse getting action at the windows. Bray says he likes Daddy D T at 5-1 but may pass at 4-1. Anybody believe Bray wasn't BS'ing about passing at 4-1?

Anyway, Daddy D T won and paid $7.20. Probably because Bray bet him heavy at 5-2.

tanner12oz
09-05-2014, 04:17 AM
I've seen Aaron hit multiple shots that paid $50 and higher...hes big on pace

alydar
09-05-2014, 08:33 AM
Siegel

lamboguy
09-05-2014, 08:50 AM
when i like a horse and i see public handicappers pick the same horse i know i am in trouble before i start. a lot of times when i see the public handicapper's picks i go searching into the race and find something else. that system seems to work.

that being said this past Del Mar meet, i found that a lot of the time the TVG handicapper's were on the same first time starter's that i was on, and i had a big meet there this year. but when i say that, they might have 3 different opinions on the same race and 1 of the handicapper's would land on the same number as myself. they might have been getting their information as i did and i don't know how they got it.

i always refer back to what my mother taught me, those that tell don't know and those that know don't tell. in horse racing that is more true than anything else.

castaway01
09-05-2014, 09:03 AM
when i like a horse and i see public handicappers pick the same horse i know i am in trouble before i start. a lot of times when i see the public handicapper's picks i go searching into the race and find something else. that system seems to work.

that being said this past Del Mar meet, i found that a lot of the time the TVG handicapper's were on the same first time starter's that i was on, and i had a big meet there this year. but when i say that, they might have 3 different opinions on the same race and 1 of the handicapper's would land on the same number as myself. they might have been getting their information as i did and i don't know how they got it.

i always refer back to what my mother taught me, those that tell don't know and those that know don't tell. in horse racing that is more true than anything else.

The last paragraph is so ironic that I almost can't stand it.

horses4courses
09-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Anyway, Daddy D T won and paid $7.20. Probably because Bray bet him heavy at 5-2.

Do you really think Simon Bray is that big a player?
It would take quite a few thousand $ to cause that shift.

What kind of salaries are they paying those guys, anyway?

Fingal
09-05-2014, 12:34 PM
For consistency that's not always chalk, Jeff Siegal. Teaming him with Aaron Vercruysse was brillance.

Racey
09-05-2014, 06:19 PM
TVG will need to pay Britney Eurton or she will be soon off to bigger and better NBC national broadcasts and the like. Time for TVG to pay up Scrupp makes too much as it is. :cool:

Tex9Down
09-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Now I can comment on this one. My wife and I are big fans of HRTV. In fact, I tracked the first 6 months or so of the Daymakers. The results were Aaron 17 winners from 122 picks 14.9% winners for $221.90 Jeff was 26 of 121 picks 21.4% winners for $184.00. If you bet $2 on every daymaker you'd be a loser. But who does that? Not us.

Aaron does love the long shots and my wife did hit one of his picks for $52!

Both of these guys are very good. We love Brad Free and write down Kurt's pick 4 every Friday night! Michelle Yu is great and you have to remember Zoe's picks.

TVG, not so much, but we do love when they zoom in on the PP's and circle the important stuff.

Racey
09-06-2014, 02:08 AM
seems on top of things as well.

Appy
09-06-2014, 11:00 AM
I enjoy and depend on both networks, but generally consider that TVG is in the claiming ranks while HRTV is Stakes level.
Aaron and Jeff are my favorite team. I miss JoAnne, who pointed me to several nice scores I would otherwise have most likely overlooked, one of which was our 'local' hero Fort Larned to win the Classic.

judd
09-06-2014, 05:07 PM
What ever happened to Joanna Jones

Racey
09-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Used to like when Katie would come on as well.

stormreveler
09-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Free is a ridiculous chalk hound.

Like many have stated here, Vercruysse and Siegel is a great team. Very enjoyable to watch. Except for Siegel rocking back and forth all the time, which drives me a little nuts.

They actually announced this morning that First Call is done, but it sounds like mostly the same thing will be in place at the same time, called The Player. And Th-Sun instead of just the weekend. I didn't catch whether they would come back for an afternoon set still, which is what is called The Player now.

Fingal
09-07-2014, 01:35 AM
What ever happened to Joanna Jones

She left HRTV in 2013.

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/joanne-jones-leaving-hrtv/

NJ Stinks
09-07-2014, 02:35 AM
Do you really think Simon Bray is that big a player?
It would take quite a few thousand $ to cause that shift.

What kind of salaries are they paying those guys, anyway?

No I don't, Horses4courses. I just found it hard to believe Bray saying he may skip the race because his pick dropped from 5-1 to 4-1.

FrankieFigs
09-09-2014, 11:55 AM
No I don't, Horses4courses. I just found it hard to believe Bray saying he may skip the race because his pick dropped from 5-1 to 4-1.

As a recreational player I wouldn't pass that up....

horses4courses
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Gotcha.

Maybe, he is trying to portray the M.O. of a disciplined bettor.
Pretty hard to believe.

He was an excellent trainer of turf horses.
Sorry that he called it a day, but it must be a tough gig.
He had a very high strike rate for some time,
plus good spells of profitability for the player. :ThmbUp:
Listening to a seminar one time given by Ed Bain
and his wife, you would think that Simon Bray
walked on water.

A bit like a west coast version of Chad Brown for a while.
Then, I guess, it all went south.